• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017
I cannot patch the game neither

Is hidden abilities in the game? If yes, where can I find those pokemons?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
side note: do you know if there are any patches to fix RTC so the game can be played on hardware? I'm playing the game on my 3DS but none of my berries are growing :( I have tried this patch (in addition to this patch that fixes saving) but it seems to scramble the Pokémon names.
I would REALLY like this as well if possible. I play on my EzFlash IV so I can't use berries at all really. Since you already did a good job changing stuff like Umbreon and Espeon to stone evolutions, an optional version changing RTC to ingame time would be so great.
I remember seeing a no-rtc version of a hack that made the clock use ingame time multiplied by 6, so that way it makes up for the game not always being on, so berries can actually grow without leaving your system on/plugged in for hours ;)
something like that would be perfect. cause otherwise this is currently my favorite hack to play on real hardware

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
i don't are sure If This are a glitch or a bug Because all Pokémons Who Have two abilities,Don't have hidden abilities only The Pokémons Who Have one ability is Who Have a hidden ability (Sorry for my bad english)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Still needs a properly working EXP share as a key item
By default the EXP Share seems to give experience to all team members as expected, but putting it in the PC disables this.

However, I think it has messed up my items pocket - I now have ?6 of each item in there, an empty TMs pocket, and my Pokédex reads 0 and cannot be opened? (Not sure if all of this is down to the EXP Share; since obtaining it I fought the Battle Tent in Vendanturf and bought 2 Burn & Ice Heals... and might have fought a couple wild Pokémon too)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
I writing you there because you don't read the message on fb.
I want to thank you for that awesome hack, it's incredible and i'm having so much fun playing it. But there there are some bugs.
-Rayquaza's ability is bugged!
-Rayquaza can mega evolved before using Dragon Ascent, i don't know if it's wanted or not..
-If i switch a Pokemon that is holding amulet coin/lax incense it crashes.
-In the double battle near fortree city, when castform changes form it freeze.
-Pokemons that are holding their mega stone, in the double battles, they mega evolve ...
-It's quiet bad the fact that the battle frontier doesn't accept lv100+ pokemons..
-It's really important adding arceus,deoxys,shaymin,kyurem,giratina's formes.They lose a lot without their form.
-The "Dream eater" move doesn't add hp to my Gengar.
-The Safari zone is bugged and when you finish your steps, it crashes.

I know that you don't like the people that complains but my are suggestions/advices to improve your great,beautiful,cool hack rom!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
I presume this is the best place to report bugs to you, but if not please let me know where you would prefer it.

While playing through the current build, I noticed a few oddities:
1) Tympole's box sprite is really high up and could do with being lowered. It looks like it's flying compared to the other pokemon.
2) The grassy plain battle background is too small on the foe's side, meaning that most of the time trainers and pokemon look like they're falling off the podium (you probably know about this though tbh)
3) When Zorua levels up or has its illusion broken, it seems to sometimes change gender. My male Zorua showed as a female when its illusion broke, then when I checked my party to see whether I was going mad it was male. When I exited out of the menu and back to the battle, it was male again as normal. So yeah, it seems to be going through somewhat of a gender crisis.
4) Softlock when Purrloin was switched in vs an Aqua Grunt in Slateport City. Toxic Spikes were on the field, and the game froze on "Purrloin was poisoned" as it was sent in. EDIT: The same Purrloin later softlocked when sent in again, even though Toxic Spikes weren't on the field. Starting to think this is a Purrloin issue.

I also have a few suggestions since a lot of the grass patches are a little cramped with so many pokemon species in them:
1) The game corner in vanilla Emerald allowed you to exchange coins for TMs and dolls, could it be made to offer pokemon as prizes like other games in the series? Depending on how many are obtainable here, it would mean that a fair few of them could be taken out of grass patches to seem like the world is a bit less crowded.
2) This wouldn't be quite as good, but there could be a pokemon seller somewhere who sells specific species.

Both of the above would serve as a nice way to obtain pokemon that don't really fit sensibly anywhere in Hoenn (like Snover, for example).

3) I don't see you going for this either, but would you ever want to add minor new locations? Such as another floor in Rusturf Tunnel? Some places seem rather underdeveloped as it currently stands and could use some fleshing out. This would also provide opportunities to spread out the pokemon more easily in a natural way.

Hopefully you read this :P I'd love to see your hack continue to improve as time goes on. I'll post any bugs I discover here, unless you'd prefer them elsewhere.

Like you i think that would be cool if some Pokemon are buyable, in a Dark Market :D
Like in Nameless fire red project, it would be cool if the Pokemon markets sell items like max revive, ether and things that are useful but that cannot be bought.
I know that is hard but some proper location for legends would be cooler than that system.
Then, i think that there are too NPC that does not do or say anything. It would be more useful if they suggest you some tactics or legendary's location.

Like you, I'll keep posting the bugs here.
Thanks, LCCoolJ95!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 13, 2017
First things first. Thank you for your hard work for this amazing hack. Enjoying it so far.

Also, is there anything similar to this but fore FireRed/LeafGreen instead?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
First things first. Thank you for your hard work for this amazing hack. Enjoying it so far.

Also, is there anything similar to this but fore FireRed/LeafGreen instead?

Nameless Firered has all 721 Pokemon, 6th gen breeding, all items, all ball types even apricorns, and almost every forme including stuff like the DNA Splicers properly fusing Kyurem, and a ton more. I'd definitely check it out. My only gripe is that doesn't have an endgame battle facility since (like this hack) there aren't any big map changes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
Nameless Firered has all 721 Pokemon, 6th gen breeding, all items, all ball types even apricorns, and almost every forme including stuff like the DNA Splicers properly fusing Kyurem, and a ton more. I'd definitely check it out. My only gripe is that doesn't have an endgame battle facility since (like this hack) there aren't any big map changes.

I've played it and i think that is the perfect hack rom.It has everything and everythings's perfect.
I REALLY WISH that Emerald Theta EX gets closer or equals Nameless Fire Red Project

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
By default the EXP Share seems to give experience to all team members as expected, but putting it in the PC disables this.

However, I think it has messed up my items pocket - I now have ?6 of each item in there, an empty TMs pocket, and my Pokédex reads 0 and cannot be opened? (Not sure if all of this is down to the EXP Share; since obtaining it I fought the Battle Tent in Vendanturf and bought 2 Burn & Ice Heals... and might have fought a couple wild Pokémon too)

I mean, the EXP Share is supposed to give 100% EXP to Pokemon that was in the battle, and 50% EXP to Pokemon that wasn't in the battle. But in this ROM Hack it gives 50% EXP to all Pokemon instead.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Love the hack. There are a few bugs in the game, many of them freeze it. And about that Lv. 200 thing... is not in any Pokemon title, it also breaks the meta-gameplay and it will feel tiresome to level up my party to that point.

It needs to be removed since I do not think anyone asked for this. It looks like a feature of hack including fakemons.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I mean, the EXP Share is supposed to give 100% EXP to Pokemon that was in the battle, and 50% EXP to Pokemon that wasn't in the battle. But in this ROM Hack it gives 50% EXP to all Pokemon instead.
Ah okay, I didn't realise that's what the new EXP Share does (I always turn it off). Did it mess up your items pocket too?

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Love the hack. There are a few bugs in the game, many of them freeze it. And about that Lv. 200 thing... is not in any Pokemon title, it also breaks the meta-gameplay and it will feel tiresome to level up my party to that point.

It needs to be removed since I do not think anyone asked for this. It looks like a feature of hack including fakemons.
haven't played (nor am i likely to), but this is solved very simply by scaling the wild pokémon levels appropriately. like, grinding off of lvl 40s in victory road/50s in sky tower (postgame) would be extremely difficult to go above 100. however, if the scaling is adjusted appropriately (please say it is) then it would be no more tedious in this to grind than it would be in the original pokémon emerald.
if levels of only trainers are adjusted, then yes, your point shines through

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
i
haven't played (nor am i likely to), but this is solved very simply by scaling the wild pokémon levels appropriately. like, grinding off of lvl 40s in victory road/50s in sky tower (postgame) would be extremely difficult to go above 100. however, if the scaling is adjusted appropriately (please say it is) then it would be no more tedious in this to grind than it would be in the original pokémon emerald.
if levels of only trainers are adjusted, then yes, your point shines through

I'm not wild about the idea of Lv. 200s, but that has no effect on gameplay at all. The game has the same level curve from vanilla Emerald (I just beat the game to confirm this) and the Battle Frontier only allows open level or Lv. 100 Pokemon, so the meta-game is all good.

Has anyone been able to change the Deoxys Formes so far? I saw in LC's Project Emerald 721 the Deoxys stones are in Fallarbor but they aren't in this version of Theta Emerald.

I also have Nameless FireRed so I can also trade Deoxys there if there's any way to change formes?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
I'm not wild about the idea of Lv. 200s, but that has no effect on gameplay at all. The game has the same level curve from vanilla Emerald (I just beat the game to confirm this) and the Battle Frontier only allows open level or Lv. 100 Pokemon, so the meta-game is all good.

Has anyone been able to change the Deoxys Formes so far? I saw in LC's Project Emerald 721 the Deoxys stones are in Fallarbor but they aren't in this version of Theta Emerald.

I also have Nameless FireRed so I can also trade Deoxys there if there's any way to change formes (DNA Splicer?) there.

One more question, I beat the game and found an AuroraTicket in the Sky Pillar, but I haven't been able to access the Battle Frontier on the ferry yet. Is there something else I have to do to go there? Thanks.

Deoxys's form and DNA Splicers aren't implemented yet.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017

It's useless to have lv100+..
I agree with you.The pokemons level aren't edited so they are very low.
It was easy for me to defeat Elite4...

Years
  • Age 121
  • Seen Jan 17, 2018
so ive encountered a bug, while battling the 7th gym boss in a dual battle the game crashes. i have swampert and gogoat in my party. as soon as the gym leader sends out bronzong and its gogoats turn to declare an attack, the game freezes. happens every time i try to fight the gym. im going to see if it also happens with vanilla pokemon.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
so ive encountered a bug, while battling the 7th gym boss in a dual battle the game crashes. i have swampert and gogoat in my party. as soon as the gym leader sends out bronzong and its gogoats turn to declare an attack, the game freezes. happens every time i try to fight the gym. im going to see if it also happens with vanilla pokemon.

This game occasionally freezes, I had the same trouble with the Tate&Liza battle when Bronzong came out. I had save states and it eventually worked though. You should save often just in case the game freezes again.

Also, I don't think the IV tester guy in the Battle Frontier works.

Last edited:
Back