• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Corrupted Wishes

Fencer

:3
Years
Pokémon: The Corrupted Wishes
mUNzr8O.png

⋆ Introduction
Hello, I'm Fencer. And this is my first ROM hacking project! I've been browsing for resources on this forums for more than a year without participating in talks. But now, I'm here! Thank you for giving your attention to this little thread. I hope you enjoy!

⋆ Story

This story takes place in a different universe from the original universe. You should forget about the original story playing this hack.
You are a boy named Noire (or your preferred name) who has been living with Froakie since he was a kid. Today, the Purla Pokémon League is now open for challengers. The path to your Pokémon Champion dream is now open! But you're not the only one. Your childhood friend, Julia, has the same dream as yours. Get your Pokédex from Professor Kao and begin your journey! Ah, don't worry! The story isn't just about collecting Gym Badges and beat the Champion. You'll see in the gameplay, good luck!
In-depth story...
Spoiler:

⋆ Features
- Harder gameplay, the level curve will be based on my indication. Also, you can only use 3 Pokémon.
- No more shouting, the game is 99% decapitalized.
- 1st-7th Generation Pokémon with a custom Pokédex.
- Clean DS-styled sprites.
- Updated mechanics such as BW Repel System, Poison Survival at 1 HP, etc.
- Updated moves and abilities.
- Minor changes to tilesets.
- More features I forgot to mention.

⋆ Purla Region Pokédex
Spoiler:

⋆ Screenshots
Spoiler:

⋆ Credits
- Leon and UltimaSoul's FireRed Base
- The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
- Gen VI - DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
- Gen VII+ Pokémon GBA Sprite Repository (64x64)
- The DS-Style 64x64 Trainer Sprite Resource
- Fire Red Overworld Sprite Resource
- Squeetz' Music ROM base
- Flamejow - Red BW-Style Sprite
- Zeo254 - Tiles
- Alistair - Tiles
- Wesley FG - Tiles
- Sylver1984 - Tiles
- Jambo51 - Class Based Trainer Battle Music
- Shiny Quagsire - Day & Night System
If you think you should be listed on this list, please let me know!

⋆ Bugs
- Roost freezes the game, don't use that move.
- Grammatical errors. You know, English isn't my native language.
- If you find more, please report on this thread, or VM me.

⋆ Q&A
Q: Why can't I get into the Gym?
A: You can get into the Gym with only 3 Pokémon, no more and no less.

Q: When is the next release date?
A: It depends on my free time and motivation. The only thing I can tell is the next release will end at the Fifth Gym battle.

⋆ Download
- Alpha 1 - Ends at the Second Gym battle.
- Alpha 2 - Ends at the Third Gym battle.
- Alpha 2.1 - Ends at the Third Gym battle. (And you can now progress a few more steps from the last patch.)

Be sure to use a clean "Pokémon - Fire Red Version (U)(Squirrels)" ROM!

Last edited:
Years
not bad! would be great if you could say more about the story. but so far, it looks great ^_^

Delta231

A noob
Years
The story so far looks good and I wish you good luck for your project. (Minor thing I noticed from the screenshots. The Red BW Sprite in the Intro seems very small and you can also use a bigger one. That would seem normal then.)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Really digging what I'm seeing, the story has caught my attention. Although I do want to ask if you will be upgrading the battle backgrounds for a more DS looking vibe.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
I've seen people do challenges in which they can only challenge Gyms with the same amount of Pokemon that the Gym Leader has. But a ROM hack that actually forces you to only bring 3 Pokemon to any Gym? Interesting!

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I really like the 3 Pokemon rule in the gyms, but for the league instead of 3 I think you should expand it to 4 or 5 as PP will run out quite quickly(unless ethers/elixirs are buyable)

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Digging the title screen. Good luck.

Fencer

Years
Thank you for all your kind comments!
About the story, I think I will include the in-depth story once the game progress itself reaches the point of that story.
About the battle backgrounds, I'd say I will change it, the DS sprites would look very good with new backgrounds anyway. :)
And the Three Pokémon rules, don't worry, it's just 3vs3 to make it feels like Battle Frontier.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
looks cool. i always love when new rom hacks come out. good luck to you on this one.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
What plans do you have for the League? Can we only use 3 Pokemon for the entire League? Or can we enter the League with a full team, but only use 3 of them for each battle, and we can use different members for each battle?

Fencer

Years
What plans do you have for the League? Can we only use 3 Pokemon for the entire League? Or can we enter the League with a full team, but only use 3 of them for each battle, and we can use different members for each battle?
As far as I've planned, you can only use 3 Pokémon in the League. But your Pokémon will be healed after each battle. Oh, the League will be in tournament-styled. It will be a diffrent experience from original games.

Last edited:

Fencer

Years
I know I shouldn't release too often, but here goes the Alpha 2. This Alpha will end at your first encounter will the mint-haired trainer at Forterra City.
Ah, I also edited the thread, you can see some changes there.

What's new?
EbLQf6E.png

- New title screen.
- New battle backgrounds.
- New textboxes.
- Fixed some bugs.
- You will be almost involved in the new story, almost.
- More things I forgot to mention.

Alpha 2 Download Link

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
This game looks pretty cool! just finished Alpha 1 and here you are dropping Alpha 2, my only question is : how to get
HM Cut again? Just loaded my old save file from Alpha 1 but I don't know where to go or what to do right now,

Fencer

Years
This game looks pretty cool! just finished Alpha 1 and here you are dropping Alpha 2, my only question is : how to get
HM Cut again? Just loaded my old save file from Alpha 1 but I don't know where to go or what to do right now,

I added an NPC into the Port Breeze Pokémon Center, try re-entering if neccesary. And thank you for playing!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Just finished Beta 2; loving it so far, keep up the good work!

BUGS:
- the TM for Bullet Seed and the HM for Flash do not work. They show up as "No?0", have 255 Power, Accuracy and PP, and the description appears to be for a Rare Candy.

:)

Fencer

Years
Just finished Beta 2; loving it so far, keep up the good work!

BUGS:
- the TM for Bullet Seed and the HM for Flash do not work. They show up as "No?0", have 255 Power, Accuracy and PP, and the description appears to be for a Rare Candy.

:)

Thank you and sorry for a very late reply. I was busy with uni works. I tested the patched ROM, but I don't seem to experience those bugs. I think you patched to a modified ROM? If not, you can try patching again, maybe the patching progress itself was the case.

Back