• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
The new updates look great SL!

I'm sorry I haven't posted, but I'm that kinda guy who rarely posts unless I can help someone or
when I react to something.
Anway, can't wait to see more of the 2nd Dream ;)

//44tim44

It's ok dude, If your not the type of person who constantly then you don't have to. I was just upset that the thread almost died.

Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Citric Beach...what Soul silver and Hear gold?!:
Yeah everyone heard right. I'm goignt o be making a 2d tileset of Soul Silver and Heart Gold as more footage gets released. So far I've only made elm's lab along with other versions of it. Look below for a few screens showing the new houses and a new video of a half-tour of Ryen Capital Park and Citric Beach! .:

Screens!:
capture324.png

capture325.png

capture326.png

capture327.png

Video!:

Sneak Peak!?:
I guess that's it for this update. Remember to post you own thoughts on the tiles and the video. The next update will cover a new feature, it's smelly, dark, and it smells!

Years
The next update will cover a new feature, it's smelly, dark, and it smells!
Let me guess? Sewers? Well sewers are smelly and dark, and usually crowded with Grimer and Muk (and a few Koffing and Weezing).
Can't wait to see it, and I like the house thats based off the new lab in HG/SS, nice job.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
You know what? I want to help, I'll show you some of my sprites. I have thought and drawn over 70-90 pokemon. Hope they help.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Chaos Darkrai
When Can i download your Game
I searched for the demo on google and found it in Rapid Share....hope I'm not
braking the rules telling you this

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
SL, I just gotta say, you've come a long way. I remember when this game was in it's infancy and now it's goin' off to college. Nice job.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
SL, I just gotta say, you've come a long way. I remember when this game was in it's infancy and now it's goin' off to college. Nice job.
Thanks! Sorry for the lack of updates though. Testing is getting
in the way right now. There might be a possibility of an update
this week-end though. I'll answer all question this week-end too.
I'm not going to leave without showing something so here's a small screen:

capture367.png

If you've been following my other thread then you'll know that
there were some problems with my new tiles, especially the colors I had
chosen for my trees. Well I changed them so they don't stand out as much.​

Last edited:

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
You said in your first post that the beta release would mark the one year anninversary? Well first, wow. One year in production? This must be one hell of a game! And second, I can't wait till the beta is released! Looks like June is gonna be a good month for me. Good luck on your beta launch, and I hope everything goes perfectly for you guys. After working an entire year on a game, you guys definatly deserve it!

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
QUOTE=Destined;4634019]Let me guess? Sewers? Well sewers are smelly and dark, and usually crowded with Grimer and Muk (and a few Koffing and Weezing).
Can't wait to see it, and I like the house thats based off the new lab in HG/SS, nice job.[/QUOTE]
Yup that's right serwers! Thanks, and there are more HGSS tiles on the way!
Looks excellent, can't wait to play it!!!
Thanks!
Nice update SL I like the new tiles can't wait to see more. :D
Thanks, Check out the update below. I've made many new tiles for Ryen!
This game has some really slick eye candy and I love the new buildings inspired by HS/GS.
Thanks Neo dragon. Nice to hear that you like the tiles!
As Neo stated before, those tiles are amazing lol.
Thanks! If you want to see more take a look at my HGSS tile thread.
It's cool to see that you took advantage of those new tiles in HG/SS
Keep it up! :)
Yeah, when ever I see new footage I immdietly start spriting.
Thanks for your constant support!
Smelly, dark, and smells, eh?
Hmm... I'd have to go with Destined on this one... sewers?
Or maybe some form of junkyard? Not sure... But I can't wait!
Yeah it's sewers. I'm not going to reveal much information on them though. You'll have to wait and play the beta when it comes out.
You know what? I want to help, I'll show you some of my sprites. I have thought and drawn over 70-90 pokemon. Hope they help.
Sorry for the late response, but we already have someone working on designs and sprites but thanks for your offer.
I searched for the demo on google and found it in Rapid Share....hope I'm not
braking the rules telling you this
That is an old demo, he is making a new one
Like Anuhrima said its an old demo. More like a pre-beta. It's drastically different than the current version in every aspect.
Love the update! Everything in this game looks awesome!
Thanks HOF!
That Screen Looks excellent bro!
Thanks. it's a screen from a route right next to a city called Marsin City.
You said in your first post that the beta release would mark the one year anninversary? Well first, wow. One year in production? This must be one hell of a game! And second, I can't wait till the beta is released! Looks like June is gonna be a good month for me. Good luck on your beta launch, and I hope everything goes perfectly for you guys. After working an entire year on a game, you guys definatly deserve it!
Yeah I'm still in shock that we've been at it for a year. I've played Ryen several times now (for bug testing puposes) and its about 2-3 hours of gameplay to the 2nd gym. It'll feel like a real pokemon game. You'll see what I mean whwn you actually play the game!

Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Ok...Let's get started!:
Ok so i've been working on a few things, most of which is eventing. Second on my list would be the HGSS tiles. I've been putting a lot of work towards spriting HGSS tiles as new footage is released. Now here's what this update is going to include:
1:Pokemon Ryen enviroments
2:Overview on HGSS tiles
3:Video
4:Sewers
So, let's get started!

Pokemon Ryen Enviroments!:
Pokemon Ryen, like Pokemon platinum and other games, will include different types of enviroments will have unique tiles and Pokemon. These new enviroments will be scattered throughout the region of Ryen. Here are some of the enviroments in Pokemon Ryen so far. *Not in order as they appear in the game*

1:Original Tiles/ Common Tiles
These tiles are used in small islands that are unimportant to the storyline such as the starting town Island (not named) or the Island which includes Veraville City Rising City.
Exception: Gullport City

Screens:

capture368.png

capture369.png

2:Snowy Tiles/Mountanous
These tiles are used on areas that are high and elevation. Since the area is in a high elevation it is an area where snow can occur. Examples of such areas would be Route 49 and Rising City.

Screens:

capture372.png

capture373.png

3:Rainforests/Jungles Tiles
You'll see these tiles when entering the rainforests of the Ryen region. These places are usually near humid climates such as Veravillve forest which is by Route 52 and by Veraville City which leads to another water Route.

Screens:

capture370.png

capture371.png

4:Volcanic Island Tiles
Volcanic Islands will see there own set of tiles. Volcanic Islands are usually along or close to a trench in the Ryen region (dark Patches of water). An example of a volcanic Island would be the island that houses Florafoli Town.

Screens:

capture374.png

capture375.png

5:Tiles of Islands Important to the Storyline
Islands that are important to the storyline, the ones where you'll spend a long time at, will use these tiles. The tiles will be based off HGSS. Such places include Marsin City.

Screens:

capture376.png

capture377.png

6:Mainland Tiles
These tiles will be used for locations which are located on either of the 3 mainland continents. Such a location would be Signas City.
Exception: Gullport City

Screens:

capture378.png

capture379.png

Other Enviroments not mentioned:
Underwater
Sea Routes
Deserts

HGSS Tiles!:
Ok so yeah, i've been working on HGSS tiles. To check my process just visit my thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180894

Here's on the latest things I have done, Cherrygrove City:
cherrygrovey.png

*Tiles not public*

Video!:
I put this video up a while ago hoping to update but that never happened. Here's the video if you didn't already see it. You'll hear the battle music which are remixes of the kanto gsc battle music by megiddo.

Sewers?:
Yeah that's right Ryen will have sewers. They will located on some big cities, maybe Signas City! All I can do know is show a screen of a sewer which will be like a maze that gets more difficult as you travel deeper into it.

capture380.png

Sneak Peak!?:
Now that was a long update right!? The next update will cover a remapped Gullport City and...

capture381.png

PALLET TOWN?!

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Awesome update SL I love the tiles and I like the revamped towns, keep it up. :D
Thanks Ryushin. I'm remapping many towns at the moment so you'll be sure to see more.
Wow SL, I love the new tiles you are using. And that Pallet Town screen intrigues me so...
Thanks. I mapped Pallet town and made the tiles for it out of boredom. Its a map based of the... Oh you'll have to wait until the next update!

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Very Nice job, as always I'm loving the tiles (who doesnt?) and the remixed music sounds great!!...Ewww...more sewers to crawl through, gross but nice screens ;) Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back