• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Pokemon Feels like it could be evolved...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What Pokemon feel like they're a middle evolution or pre-evolution that haven't been revealed/created yet?

Tbh, I feel like Lapras is a second stage Pokemon and has a pre-evolution before it, same with Tropius.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Skarmory could get a pre evolution like Mantine only to be parallel counterparts again. Though I like Skarmory as a single stage that can hang with super strong pokemon

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Tauros could go either way, Lapras, Qwilfish, Delibird, Stantler, Torkoal... there's a lot really

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Almost every single-stage line aside, there several Bug Pokémon that lack larval/nymph stages despite their real-life equivalents having them (like Ledyba and Yanma). I could also see a kitten stage for Meowth, puppy for Houndour, and calf for Drowzee.

I remember when people were thinking that Shellos was a Lapras pre-evo (myself included).

Last edited:
Years
I was expecting Komala to have evo, when i first saw it.
I would also like to see Carbink to evolve into some crystal-like Pokemon similar to Graveler/Golem.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Prevo/Evo Debate!

Im very curious to hear what some people think shouldnt & should have an evo or prevo, in all the generations!

Or like another pokemon to their set, like maybe a third to mew and mewtwo for example. Doesnt have to be mewthree lol.

:) DISCUSS!

NergyTheMighty

Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?
Years
I was expecting Komala to have evo, when i first saw it.
I would also like to see Carbink to evolve into some crystal-like Pokemon similar to Graveler/Golem.
Yeah, Diancie's not enough.

The fact that they made Diancie it's own Pokemon instead of something like, oh I don't know, an event evolution where Carbink needed to hold some sort of crystal only received from an event, and then level up to evolve into Diancie feels like a missed opportunity to me. It's said in the Pokedex that Diancie is a sudden transformation of Carbink, so that makes me all the more disappointed that they didn't go with the method I wish they would've done.

Years
There's a currently active thread that's pretty much discussing the same thing, so I'm going to merge this over there for you. And to continue on with the discussion, since they're canonically tied together now, I think it would be neat to have a pre-evolution for Miltank and Tauros, that evolved into the respective Pokemon depending on gender.

MERGED.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Is a pre evo for Miltank and Tauros really needed? Plusle/Minun and Throh/Sawk don't need one and they're pretty connected

lv255

! צדק צדק תרדוף
Years
Is a pre evo for Miltank and Tauros really needed? Plusle/Minun and Throh/Sawk don't need one and they're pretty connected
Yeah, but Miltank and Tauros aren't seen as connected in the way that Plusle and Minun, or Throh and Sawk, are. A prevolution for them would connect them in that way, so it would make sense. Right now, if someone asked me what Miltank's counterpart was in the vein of Plusle/Minun or Throh/Sawk, I'd be at a loss, even though Miltank and Tauros really are pretty similar.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I expected Zangoose to get a prevo and am a bit sad that it didn't. An evo would be cool too, but Zangoose is already pretty cool I guess.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
For evos, I think Octillery evolving could be interesting. Komala too, it looks like it could go further as well.

For pre evo, I 100% agree with whoever said Dhelmise should get a pre evo.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
When Alomomola was announced I expected it to be the evolution of Luvdisc, which is one of the weakest Water types out there. The fact it didn't evolve just confused me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
When Alomomola was announced I expected it to be the evolution of Luvdisc, which is one of the weakest Water types out there. The fact it didn't evolve just confused me.

I agree with this so much. I also thought Alomomola was an evolution of Luvdisc. It's a shame it didn't turn out that way...

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Male Combee. :| It could easily have carried on the "living honeycomb" theme and evolved into an even bigger cluster of bees, which would still be weaker and less desirable than Vespiquen without being Magikarp-tier like Combee is. Argh...

I suppose it's only fair to give one to male Salandit as well, (although that Pokemon doesn't have it nearly as bad as Combee) - maybe a handsome, princely lizard with low Attack/Sp. Attack stats and a lot of support moves like Helping Hand or Baton Pass? It could even have a signature move or ability that benefits Salazzle specifically - like, powering up all Poison and Fire attacks by female Pokemon, or something?

Pyukumuku, just to drop the "no attacking moves" gimmick. >_<

I always thought Stantler could use an evolution that expands on its spooky, hallucinatory theme.

Cryogonal needs an evo, a pre-evo, different forms - anything. It has such a strange and fascinating concept - a sentient being made of water molecules that can freeze into a solid, battle-ready form - and it's a shame that nothing was done with it beyond "single weird-looking snowflake forever".

Finally...A Mimikyu evo where it's wearing a Raichu costume. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I remember thinking Heliolisk looked like it should evolve.

Also I really thought Drampa and Turtonator would get pre evos.

Back