• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
that maybe true, but we got two Rayquza events, Kyogre and Groudon in HG/SS and obvious hints in BW2 all around this time

of course i want Hoenn Remakes, but putting them in the games won't affect sales by a large margin at all, thats like saying that putting Kanto in GSC affected sales for FR/LG, which isn't the case

its possible for for them to want every region put on the DS, every other one was on it, why should Hoenn be different?

although, it is possible that more parts will be explorable which seems more likely.

That's not a good comparison as Kanto had a pause with RS but if Hoenn was in B2W2 and remade it wouldn't have a pause plus if they want to make all of gen 5 on the DS it'll have the same graphics as it's B2W2 counterpart...also the HgSs events were for Dex purposes and the events going on now in Japan are to celebrate RS 10th anniversity (most likely cause unlike HgSs, RS remake aren't coming out in time for their anniversity so the events are a substitute.)

I think they should focus on increasing Unova's size (
and it's story. Unova needs more of it's own land that can be exporable.

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years

I think they should focus on increasing Unova's size (
and it's story. Unova needs more of it's own land that can be exporable.

I completely agree with you there. Black and White was too small for a region in my opinion. So there does need to be more areas to explore. Maybe more dive places perhaps?

Years
^ Yes they should definitely put more dive areas...this time they should add seaweed where we can find Pokemon like in RSE. Also they should put more water...to me it felt even more lacking in water than even Sinnoh was, at least add one major water route (and make it so that the Super rod is obtained earlier.)
I'll also like it if we could explore the large two mountains in Unova more...

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
They should possibly do this in Hoenn or so, because that many fans wanted a Ruby and Sapphire remake, so that N might arrive to Hoenn. Or that they might continue in Unova, at a new exciting place or so.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I completely agree with you there. Black and White was too small for a region in my opinion. So there does need to be more areas to explore. Maybe more dive places perhaps?

How exactly is Unova small? It has 18 routes but it has tons of other areas, such as caves, mountains, towers, forests, etc. It's actually a little bigger than Kanto and Johto (separately.)

I do think that they will take advantage of the fact that Unova is far away and connected to a larger peice of land. I think we might see a Johto-like expansion on Unova without new Pokemon, and they will call it East Unova or some crap like that.

Or Hoenn. I'd like Hoenn.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I don't think any other regions are going to play a part in this game, I hope we travel to an 'unexplored' area of Unova or travel through islands like in FR/LG. I hope its the latter though.

blue

gucci
Years
I think it's most likely going to be a new region, these games are unpredictable and to see a fresh, new area would be great.

Years
^ I agree, we need something new added into these games to make them different.
Also for all we know N could've gone to Kanto, Johto, or Sinnoh (and the first won always seems to appear each gen...plus it'll tie the series back to where it began, Kanto 4+ years into the future.
I think the new area will likely be Northern Unova rather than Eastern Unova, but the east could work seeing how it's Kyurem's side of Unova (West is Reshiram/Zekrom).

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
I hope to God that Hoenn isn't included in this. For one, it's probably too far away from Unova, and for two, I'd rather Hoenn get full attention and have RS remakes. But anyway, I don't doubt that there will be a new place, or places, added in B2W2. Maybe something Sevii Islands-esque? But saying that makes me think of FRLG, which in turn makes me shudder. Brrr.

J_BiGGiE

Hacker in Training
Years
How exactly is Unova small? It has 18 routes but it has tons of other areas, such as caves, mountains, towers, forests, etc. It's actually a little bigger than Kanto and Johto (separately.)

True. But those routes seemed to me in many places awfully short. For instance route 12, between Village Bridge and Lacunosa Town takes, on bike, maybe three seconds to traverse. And that is a separate route in it's own right. The same goes for all of the eastern main-land routes. I agree that Unova is larger than it appears, but it does give the illusion of being smaller.

That being said Hoenn will definitely be in B2/W2! (sorry couldn't resist a troll)

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Oh yeah, Dive! It would be really neat if Dive could be put into the game, since it would easily hint at the R/S/E remakes, and would give a great way to add more explorable areas into Unova. Unova was so large, but the massive size seemed underused, even if a lot of it was used.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Yeah, I really hope we get to dive more in Black and White 2, but at the same time I hope Game Freak doesn't overdue it with the amount of water routes, because for me, that's what makes the third generation games the worst.

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
Years
I personally think they'll just throw in a battle frontier, a few routes, maybe a town, flesh out the giant chasm to fit with the new story. Add a bit of story post-B/W and that'll be about it. The fact that there will be two doesn't change the fact it'll be a standard '3rd' game. That's my thinking anyway..

Oh, and those who think they'd pass up the chance to repackage and resell Hoenn are being silly, at the end of the day Nintendo are not doing well and they will not pass up a chance to flesh out and remake what they know will sell.

Years
I really hope Hoen in this game and can see it happening unfortunatly It will be unlikly as Hoen is far away from Unova. They would have to tie it in with N and Skyla's plane to make sense. As for adding new areas such as an eastern Unove type thing I dont think they can if they want it to be accessable with BW. I was talking to one my friends and he said something about BW not having the Data for new cities. For example just say theres an eastern Unova and a city in there called Yellow Town (original I know). If you caught a pokemon from there and transfered it to BW what would it say in the met tab, ???? most likely. Buts that just what I was told and could be completly wrong.

Thats why I can see them doing Hoen or another region and i dont believe that adding Hoen will kill the remakes, i know for one ill buy them even if Hoen is in BW2. The sevii islands is very possible as well since BW would have the data. Anyway thats just my 5 cents worth and it will probably be set in Unova 5 years from the event. As long as they have a good battle frontier and move tutors ill be happy.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
There was a lot of construction going on in Unnova, that's how i kinda figured a sequel, and i was right :D

back to my point, if another region isn't in the games, i think they would open up these areas

for example, there was an unexplored cave by the cold storage (I believe) and the desert path

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Eh, I never saw the appeal of using Dive. Logically speaking, it would be impossible to breathe and your clothes would be soaked for hours after you got out, unless you magically put on scuba gear before you use the move. Not to mention that hypothermia would set in and possibly kill you off. But then again, when have the Pokemon games ever been concerned with "logic?"

I just hope the new additions don't include copious amounts of water. The last thing I need is another Hoenn to have to surf through while completely neglecting all Pokemon weak to Water attacks. And I don't care to see a tree house "city" in Unova either.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs

Wait was the game confirmed to even be in Unova? I know its a sequel but sometimes sequels are in a different place. It could be an older region but N is like a teacher or Prof in that region. Not saying its not Unova but not sure it was every stated it is.

Last edited:

Mr. Magius

  
Years
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs

Wait was the game confirmed to even be in Unova? I know its a sequel but sometimes sequels are in a different place. It could be an older region but N is like a teacher or Prof in that region. Not saying its not Unova but not sure it was every stated it is.
Well it's pretty much a no-brainer that B2/W2 are going to take place primarily in Unova.. Game Freak, after all, are still at Generation V.

If you're going by "it's never been stated," then it also hasn't been stated that B2/W2 are fifth generation games, that we'll even get any Unova Pokémon, or even if they will be part of the main series at all. They could be spin-offs like Ranger and just feature Kyurem formes on the box art!
But seriously, that would be a nightmare to all Pokémon fans.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs.

This is my inspiration for a great Idea.

As we travel through Unova for the second time, we expect to find a few new things along the way. The first game did not use HMs at all. What if ALL of the new areas of BW2 are right under our noses, but hidden by HM Moves. We didn't see them the first time around because we never used HMs.

Example: When you surf under Village Bridge, there would be a Dive Point added. This Dive Point goes to a tunnel, which goes to a Brand New Cave to explore and enjoy - and to met rare and exotic Pokemon!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Eh, but that would require HM slaves again (which I enjoyed not having to worry about in B/W). Now, if they introduced secret caves/buildings not in the original B/W that didn't require HM's to get access to, I wouldn't mind that. Maybe they can call it "development" or "new discoveries" that happened after the events of B/W.

I do like the idea of new areas within Unova itself... there's lots of room to add extra stuff. I'm not so keen about giving up a team slot for a slave or saddling my Pokemon with HMs that are less than adequate in combat. But, if they add a fifth "slot" for HM moves that can be used in the field but not in battle, then the whole HM thing could very well become viable again.

Back