• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a picky eater?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
4386256_460s.jpg

Are you, or did you ever used to be, a picky eater?

Also; feel free to share stories about yourself or other picky eaters you may know!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Not necessarily. Everyone has their likes and dislikes but I won't go so far as to say I won't eat certain food because of its physical characteristics.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
The only way I consider myself picky is I only eat what tastes good. Health benefits and other aspects don't really bother me as long as it's yummy.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not at all, I"m always willing to give anything a try.

I'm only picky if the meat I'm eating is raw. even if I see a tiny dab of red, I won't eat it
I get severe diarrhea if I eat under-cooked beef, pork, and especially poultry, for some reason it doesn't happen with certain seafood - like shrimp, or salmon or tuna.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
In a way, I'm forced to be very picky due to multiple food allergies. But in another way, I'm picky because I simply don't like the taste of some foods (like most anything that's healthy xD). My parents used to have to force me to eat salads and vegetables, but now they realize that would simply be an uphill battle so they leave me to my own devices as far as eating is concerned.

I'll eat meat and seafood, usually with fries on the side and I'll very rarely deviate from this norm.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
Like the poster above my post I have to be a picky eater due to an allergy.
part from that I could eat a lot of stuff.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Normally, I don't care about what kind of food is served to me, but when something with mushrooms or cucumbers is served to me, I pick out the mushrooms/cucumbers.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Yes. I'm a pretty picky eater. Always have been. Typically I prefer things for their taste, and thus have never been fond of vegetables, but I'm doing what I can to sneak them in by putting lettuce on my sandwiches and leafy spinach on my homemade pizzas. It's a necessary tactic, and it's not like I can really taste them.

There are so many things I feel like trying now that I'm doing this tactic, but I like keeping with my favorites. That's just how I am, and it makes losing weight difficult.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I am the pickiest eater in the entire food world. I haven't eaten a single vegetable in my entire eleven years, seven months, and fourteen days on this planet. I don't eat pizza, nor hamburgers. I don't like grapes, and I don't eat watermelons. What is wrong with me?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I used to be really picky in what I ate, but now the only things that I don't eat that I make a point to not eat are mushrooms and beans, simply because I hate the texture of them. I don't like my food touching either, though, and if it's something like apple sauce and potatoes, I probably won't eat the potatoes because they touched the apple sauce. I don't eat meat if it's rare; I only like well-done meat. And I'm a hypocrite in that because I would prefer not to eat meat at all and I think less of myself for doing so. But I'm not picky to the point where I don't eat a particular color in candy or anything like that. I also don't eat something if someone touched it, unless they were the one preparing it. Like if someone offers me a piece of candy, I'll say yes... and then they take it out... and I'm just like "Actuallyyyyyy...."

I am the pickiest eater in the entire food world. I haven't eaten a single vegetable in my entire eleven years, seven months, and fourteen days on this planet. I don't eat pizza, nor hamburgers. I don't like grapes, and I don't eat watermelons. What is wrong with me?
What is wrong with you?

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
...I have no idea what's wrong with you, but to be honest, I can relate to the vegetables bit. I've never been big on veggies, and couldn't stand any of them when I was your age.

However, I can't live without pizza or burgers (although when I was your age, burgers were too big for my mouth and I had trouble downing them), and grapes and watermelon are delicious too. You have some of the weirdest tastes ever. How the hell can you not like pizza? I don't understand... xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'm a picky eater with a lot of things when it comes to food. Likein Elementary School when they ran out of cheesy pizza and I couldonly get peperoni. I always picked the peperoni off of the pizza.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've gotten better as I've gotten older, but I used to be a really fussy eater. I wouldn't eat anything that varied from the 'meat and potato' combination as a child lol. I didn't like dishes that involved rice with weird sauces (which ironically are the ones I love the most now) and the idea of any sauce other than bolognese on pasta just revolted me.

As you get older your taste horizons widen, which is good :)

Years
I'm vegetarian, so that automatically makes me picky. :P

But besides that, I think I am to an extent. For instance, I don't like to eat the same meal over and over again, and I'm not a hug fan of salads...which makes going out to restaurants somewhat tricky. I don't mind spice and trying new things, as long as the new thing isn't like pickled and stewed okra or something. :{

However, my taste has expanded a TON in the last 5 years, so I'm much better than I was, at least.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't eat something I've tried before and determined I don't like

I'm not fond of organ meat. All... mineraly and whatnot.

And bugs. I won't eat bugs. They're creepy

Endangered species.

I'm not big on candy

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yep. Picky eater right here. I think it's left over from my childhood. Whether I like a certain food is based on its texture, its appearance, and of course its taste. Examples of texture: I don't like beancurd, tofu, steamed egg etc. because they are mostly mushy and watery. I don't eat lady's fingers as they are slimy. As for taste, I'm sure you get the point.

Oh, and I dislike big chunky onion pieces. Small chopped-up pieces are alright, but the big ones go straight to the side of my plate.

Also, I dislike garlic, but I love garlic bread. I dislike tomatoes, but I love spaghetti bolognese. I dislike prawns, but I eat prawn crackers. Yes, I know I'm weird.

And I dislike original milk. I only drink chocolate or other flavoured milk.

..I won't go into further detail about this. I can say that I've gotten less picky over the years, but there's still room for improvement. Please don't judge, thank you. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Not nessesarily, there are a few foods I don't like, so won't eat, but I pretty much like everything else other than that The foods I dislike include tomatoes or anything containing them and I dont like to drink milk but I like eating cheese, butter, etc. I also don't like eggplant or any foods containing a lot of seeds because I dont like the texture. Other than that, anything else I'll pretty much eat.

Years
When I was younger, I was an extremely fussy eater... I wouldn't even eat vegetables, and I still do (other than potatoes and spinach)

But yeah, I hate most vegetables, particularly onions. This is why so many cultural foods are off my eating list... cos of those darn onions.

I also hate nuts, plain bread, soggy cereal (I only eat it dry, without milk), Vegemite (I'm Australian and I hate it?) and also tomatoes (this is why I prefer barbecue sauce better).

I did get less picky as I got older, but those foods above are still on my avoidance list. I also seem to have a hatred towards home-brand foods, I always have to eat the top brands cos I have this conspiracy that home-branded food tastes bad. Weird but true :O

Back