• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years

SAO was nothing special, imo. It had some decent fights every once in a while and character designs were kinda good but overall the show definitely doesn't stand out from the crowd. The popularity it received was a little surprising.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Greetings all! Except not really because I'm about to go out and do some errands tata!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Goodevening you all~

A day in the lab tires me out. : < Hope to be able to doodle some more tonight without falling asleep.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

And the cynical level has risen back to it's normal state with Lappy's return.

Though really, I was fine with SAO, in fact, in the beginning I really liked it...then it started to break its own rules and...well...Alfheim happened, but I think the SAO arc was just fine. I can't really say that Slayers is a substitute...maybe .Hack (not Roots), but Slayers is more D&D (in fact, that's what it was based off of) while SAO was MMO, so I'd think you would want to go to another MMO show or game to get your fill.

Speaking of SAO, .Hack//GU needs a remake or a sequel. It's a darn shame that that game was so overlooked.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

SAO was fine. The last part of ALO was also alright.
The .Hack series were pretty good. I'm was just sad that //ROOTS was spend most of the time with Haseo sitting in the emo-corner.

Years

SAO was nothing special, imo. It had some decent fights every once in a while and character designs were kinda good but overall the show definitely doesn't stand out from the crowd. The popularity it received was a little surprising.

I always love the fact that this thread always goes back to talking about SAO even though it's been beaten to death and has been over since January. Just goes to show how popular it is and attracts all sorts of people. Then again I guess I lament the Kevin effect where SAO became mainstream like Mad-Okaz so I can't be hipster about it anymore.

On the other hand main reason I still am a crazed SAO partisan is that it struck a nerve with me by compiling all the stuff and genre's I wanted.

SAO Arc: Life and Death, the Boundaries of Real Life and Virtual Life
ALO Arc: Greed, Love and Dedication. Plus Familial relationships.
GGO Arc: Power and isolation.
Mother's Rosario Arc: Applications of technology in the Medical Field.
Alicization Arc: Artificial Intelligence, The Military and the meaning of the Human Soul itself.

Lawl. Yeah half of the story was internal monologues anyways so w/e.

The whole MMO aspect was just the draw. Heck I liked .Hack and Rockman.EXE to the point that my username is a compilation of the two. So yeah.

Anyways I love you all fandom, indifferent opinion generators, and hatedoms. <3

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I haven't seen anything of SAO apart from the first anime so idk about any other arcs than SAO and ALO. :p But anyway, speaking of my stance on it, I'm not really a hater. I'm just kinda indifferent towards it. Lappy called it garbage but I still checked it out, nonetheless. I think it is just a decent anime. Those who call it garbage should look at anime like K-on. Now that is...really bad. I curse myself for wasting my time on it expecting some sort of exciting stuff. :(

I'm a big fan of things based on virtual reality too but this series just didn't do it for me. I mean, it ain't like I hated any part of it (except the scene where asuna almost gets tentacle raped) but there's nothing I loved either. I couldn't connect emotionally with any of the characters. It just didn't manage to pull me into its world or the lives of its characters.

And it has just been, what, three months? Anime series like GTO and Berserk were completed over 15 years ago (iirc) and people still talk about them. Yeah, even on PC and not just on those other anime sites. :p But comparing SAO to them ain't exactly fair. Those anime were...really different. And both are amazing, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back