• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Does anyone know where I can get a good Table file for Pokemon Ruby? None of the Table files I've used come up with the right text.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Does anyone know where I can get a good Table file for Pokemon Ruby? None of the Table files I've used come up with the right text.

The stickied FAQ thread in this forum contains a link to Table files for GSC, as well as for RSE/FRLG.
You might want to have a look there.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Is there a program that can edit the wild pokemon in the grass for the metal generations (most preferably Crystal)? I've gotten CrystalMap but when I click Wild Pokemon View, it just says that there are no pokemon on that route. And I know for a fact that there are, since there's grass and I have encountered wild pokemon when playing the GSC games. Thanks a lot.

>Bent<

awhups
Years
Is there a program that can edit the wild pokemon in the grass for the metal generations (most preferably Crystal)? I've gotten CrystalMap but when I click Wild Pokemon View, it just says that there are no pokemon on that route. And I know for a fact that there are, since there's grass and I have encountered wild pokemon when playing the GSC games. Thanks a lot.
I can't help you with utilities, but I can tell you how to do it with a hex editor.

There are seven Pokemon per location per time of day, and each Pokemon is shown by two bytes: level and Pokedex number (in hex). Thus, a level 10 Nidorino would be 0A21 in hex. Each location consists of 21 Pokemon (7 morning Pokemon + 7 daytime Pokemon + 7 nighttime Pokemon), then five extra bytes (XYZZZ, where Z is repeated three times -- remember that five bytes are ten digits). Then it immediately does the next location.

I've managed to edit every area in Pokemon Crystal, so nothing appears to be unsafe to hack. Be aware that there are gaps in places -- specifically, after Mount Silver (outside)'s location, there's a bunch of extra bytes before it starts Diglett's Cave.

Tin Tower starts at offset 0002ab3a in Gold and Silver, I'm not sure about Crystal.

As for hex editors, I recommend using Translhextion or Windhex.

I have a list of the locations in the order of the game's ROM at my webpage, but it appears that my severe lack of posts automatically prevents me from putting in the URL...

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I can't help you with utilities, but I can tell you how to do it with a hex editor.

There are seven Pokemon per location per time of day, and each Pokemon is shown by two bytes: level and Pokedex number (in hex). Thus, a level 10 Nidorino would be 0A21 in hex. Each location consists of 21 Pokemon (7 morning Pokemon + 7 daytime Pokemon + 7 nighttime Pokemon), then five extra bytes (XYZZZ, where Z is repeated three times -- remember that five bytes are ten digits). Then it immediately does the next location.

I've managed to edit every area in Pokemon Crystal, so nothing appears to be unsafe to hack. Be aware that there are gaps in places -- specifically, after Mount Silver (outside)'s location, there's a bunch of extra bytes before it starts Diglett's Cave.

Tin Tower starts at offset 0002ab3a in Gold and Silver, I'm not sure about Crystal.

As for hex editors, I recommend using Translhextion or Windhex.

I have a list of the locations in the order of the game's ROM at my webpage, but it appears that my severe lack of posts automatically prevents me from putting in the URL...

Well, I have Translhextion, so since there's no actual program, this could give me some experience with hex, thanks a lot! And, as for your webpage, I'd actually really need it:\ so just post 9 more times (15 posts and then you can give links) and then come back here and post it for me, it doesn't have to be here though, it can be in a PM. My username's simple, marz lol. One question, for the level you said level 10 is 0A, can you give me a list of all level correspondents, or is there somewhere where I can find it? Thanks a whole lot, I've really been wanting to know how to do that :D
Also, I need to know what offsets correspond to what Routes in the game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I've seen this asked multiple times but never answered fully.

I'm trying to create an event for a legendary Pokemon - i.e., have the Pokemon initiate a wild battle, then disappear and not return when the map is reloaded. Without much experience at romhacking of any kind, I'm having some trouble.

I've thought of 2 ways so far to accomplish this:
1. Warp the sprite off the map. Easy, but I don't know how to keep the sprite there forever.
2. Change to a transparent sprite. I've seen some sprites in the list that are partially or fully transparent - I'm assuming these don't show up, or can be walked through? Either way (or if I'm totally wrong), I have no idea how I would go about doing this.

Has anyone done this before who can tell me how I could accomplish this? Zel? Anyone?

If you can warp it somewhere else then add an ID for the event with Advance Map and it'll stay there. Or you can just put "hidesprite 0x[people's nr.]" with an ID for the event.

Do you need a hex editor to pallete hack? If not, are there any tools (that support Firered) released that can palette hack?

You can search in google for palette editors but you should use a Hex Editor, I think it's better.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Attack hex numbers

I have an... interesting question. If I manually expand the number of bytes in a ROM, (say, double them), add data to the new area in the ROM, and then create an ips patch of that ROM, will someone be able to successfully patch that onto the original game's ROM? (For example, if I did it to Firered, would someone be able to do it to patch it to firered and play it?)

Also, I was wondering if anyone had a list of the Hex numbers of all the attacks in the Advanced generation. I can't find that anywhere, even at places with hex numbers for everything else.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Thank you. I have another question now. When I cross the border to another map, an event from the first map is duplicated. The person then disappears when I walk farther away and reappears when I go back. I don't know what happened... Can this be fixed?

It's the same with tilesets, you shouldn't put the events at the sides of the maps when's there's a connection or that will happen.

I have an... interesting question. If I manually expand the number of bytes in a ROM, (say, double them), add data to the new area in the ROM, and then create an ips patch of that ROM, will someone be able to successfully patch that onto the original game's ROM? (For example, if I did it to Firered, would someone be able to do it to patch it to firered and play it?)

Also, I was wondering if anyone had a list of the Hex numbers of all the attacks in the Advanced generation. I can't find that anywhere, even at places with hex numbers for everything else.

If you increase the ROM size it won't be changed if you make a patch and patch it on a Fire Red ROM. The changes under 16MB will be applied on the ROM when you patch it.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
Years
  • Age 30
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
mmkay.. i need this question answered ASAP.. its a matter if hack or no hack :P
does anyone know how to change the beginning sprites with prof. elm and hero on G/S/C?
if so PM me immmeediatly.. i need to know.. just leave instructions..
we'll give you credit in the hack

Colin

TotW spriter
Years
I've asked but before nobody answered.
How do I change the music for FR?
What is the easiest way to insert tiles?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I've asked but before nobody answered.
How do I change the music for FR?
What is the easiest way to insert tiles?

1. You can use Sappy to edit the music.

2. You can insert tiles with unLZ GBA or Advance Map. It's easier with Advance Map, search for how to insert tiles with AM in the thread.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
OE can't edit sprites' sizes so if you want to make the size bigger you have to hex edit.

How do you do that and pallete sprites in a hex editor as i have one but don't know how to use it and if possible a link to a tutorial for how to use a hex editor

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
What are the behavior bytes for ledges?

Advance Map doesn't have behavior bytes for the blocks.

How do you do that and pallete sprites in a hex editor as i have one but don't know how to use it and if possible a link to a tutorial for how to use a hex editor

Palette sprites? To change the size you have to go to the overworld sprite's offset find where the size is and change it. In the OE ini file there's the hero's overworld sprite offset.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Advance Map doesn't have behavior bytes for the blocks.

Palette sprites? To change the size you have to go to the overworld sprite's offset find where the size is and change it. In the OE ini file there's the hero's overworld sprite offset.

thanks what i mean is to pallete a sprite to insert with hex editor and can i have a tutorial to use a hex editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back