• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Glitch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I was watching some Pokemon R/B/Y glitch videos on Youtube and came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdof9rc3CyU

it looks like another way to walk through walls, but I'm not sure if it's real or not? If it is, then it should be mentioned on Bulbapedia lol
and it's way easier than doing the Safari zone/poisoned Pokemon trick @_@

This is impossible to do without a Gameshark. Namely because you don't get Abra until later and if that line has to be your location, then you have to beat Brock first. If not and you get a traded Abra, then maybe, I can't test that since I have only one Gameboy and one Pokemon cartridge.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
This is impossible to do without a Gameshark. Namely because you don't get Abra until later and if that line has to be your location, then you have to beat Brock first. If not and you get a traded Abra, then maybe, I can't test that since I have only one Gameboy and one Pokemon cartridge.

oh well I should've tested it out myself since I skipped Brock's gym before with a certain glitch but I hate going through Rock Tunnel without Flash =/

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
Years
This is easily the most intense glitch I've ever seen in any game (other the the Clubber Lang glitch in Rocky). It let's you skip straight to the hall of fame from pretty much anywhere. But as a fair warning, I would not recommend doing this because there are reports of it glitching your game permanently.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Pikablu doesn't EXIST! Unless you shark or something like that, you can't change Pikachu's colour (it might be not possible at all). Please don't fool people with your dirty lies!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I think i only tried the Glitch city in my Yellow.I did try the Old man glitch but i didn't see any MissingNos.

y0r124

EpicTrainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I ever done the missingno, mew, and even ditto glitch, it encounter me a Cooltrainer type glitch o.O
.. And I was shocked by Lv140 up Mewtwo O.o
but that was cool xD

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Last week when I was in the Pokemon tower on my way to defeat team Rocket(Playing Pokemon Yellow), I walked on the healing platform and then walked up and Pikachu walked 2 spaces behind me and walked through other people. I filmed it, would anyone want to see it?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That sounds cool. :o Yeah, feel free to post the video here. Was this on a legit cartridge or an emulator though? Cause if it was on an emu, then it was probably just some little emulator glitch. :(

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
about the pokemon glitch ゥL ||ゥM 4 (which translates to aga), someon should make a hack of a game with this as your starter. i was looking at moves and bast stats and it seems to look like a regular pokemmon. someone should make this into a fakemon in a hack. i'm not yet good enough to do it, but it seems like an awesome idea! here is a link to his page on bulbapedia! http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LM4

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I have done sooo much cloning in my day and was deeply saddened when I couldn't do it anymore in GBA games. I've also done Missingno a few times.

But once I was playing Crystal and was training my Eevee in the grass directly south of Goldenrod. I battled a Rattata as always, but when I got my 33 points of exp my exp bar filled up and it leveled. It didn't stop, it kept leveling until like 99 I believe, at this point my health bar had stretched across the battle screen and all kinds of nonsense. But the Eevee sadly did not evolve into the Espeon that I was training for. I never could replicate this glitch, anyone else have this one? Or heard of it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
I'm currently experimenting in pokemon yellow on the advanced glitches that, to my knowledge, aren't really well known. (or not a lot is known about them or how they work) I'm talking about other glitch pokemon, glitch items, Q, and combining pokemon and things along that line.

someone on youtube named missingno expert (can't post links cause I'm new) made a series of interesting videos on them and I was honestly surprised how far it went.

Is this a good place to discuss this? Is there much interest in this?
I didn't look through this whole thread so let me know if all of this has already been covered extensively. I'd like to collect info on these and see what more it has to offer. (even if he already covered everything or most things, I'd like to myself)
I'm doing this on an emulator btw, I have cartridges but they are glitchy from being old, and I don't feel like using my gameboy anymore.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
I've recently been doing tons of glitch research in foreign versions of Blue and Yellow both on Glitch Pokemon and Items as well. I am also in the process of doing so for each glitch attack, though it seems they are very similar to their English counterparts. I've also made a few videos and started my own Glitch series, but seeing how it only has 9 views i'm probably not going to continue that series... :\ Here's my glitch research topic over at GCL, there's tons of info. in the thread and I don't feel like copy/pasting it here. I've also found another "glitch city" in Gialla version due to the glitch Pokemon that occupies hex slot BF's second type. But I don't know if I can post videos here. :P Anyway here's said thread enjoy!
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6570.0.html

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I'm going to attempt the Celebi Egg Glitch in Crystal but since training (or even finding) Sneasel is difficult, I've been wondering if instead of using Beat Up in the third move slot to get Celebi, I should just use a Pokemon with Reflect in it's fourth move slot to get the GS Ball instead. What I need to know is, would the GS Ball work, as in will Kurt recognize it? Or would it just be useless?

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share this youtube video I thought was pretty funny. It's not officially a glitch but it shows what happens if you don't get your starter Pokémon and use the 'walk through walls' cheat. It's pretty entertaining. :P

Here is my own version of the Mew glitch in Pokémon Yellow (ROM). I know it has been described but I want to put the video I did to show others that this really works and for those who haven't seen it. :)

Last edited:

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
someone on youtube named missingno expert (can't post links cause I'm new) made a series of interesting videos on them and I was honestly surprised how far it went.

I've been watching his videos, and yes indeed, it's very interesting. Thats how I got my 130 rare candies and master balls along with catching Mew in Yellow version. Thanks to him!

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
I have a pikachu that know surf,icebeam and movesets from Vaporeon it's a hybrid done from a Missingno glitch somebody showed me. I don't feel like explaining how i did it. Look it up on google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back