• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Fifth Gen Pokemon

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
I really like Chandelure and Jellicent, these two ghost types are so cute and I like their typings. I love that Jellicent has water absorb, and Chandelure has Flash fire. Defensively, Jellicent is great, and Chandelure has amazing special attack stats.

Mia Mew

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
I really, really like Oshawott. I'm not sure if Oshawott's my favorite gen 5 Pokemon of all time (that's really difficult to say!) but I think it's adorable, and gets way too much hate. Dewott and Samurott are okay, but I just love Oshawott in its first form! So cute!!

I also like Petilil, Whimsicott, Purrloin/Liepard, Swoobat, and a lot of others I can't think of right now.

rex862

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Well to be honest i really love Beartic because its a giant ****ing polar bear i called mine MO'FO BEAR for obvious reasons

Years
Meloetta all the way! It has that innocent look and it's so powerfull at the same time.
648.gif

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Jellicent for me! I just love everything about this Pokemon from it's design to is wonderful defensive niche. I first used Jellicent in-game and then later on my competitive teams and I have been nothing but impressed each and every time.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
This is a hard one for me. If I had to just pick one, I'd say Scrafty. Having a duel dark/fighting was really awesome.
But some other favorites of mine are Serperior, Kroodadile, Carracosta, Haxorus, Volcarona, and ferrothorn

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
Volcarona (Very good design and powerful as well, with a unique typing) and Braviary (Great looking bird pokemon that's actually good in battle) are my favourites, but I only really like a handful more. Sorry guys, but I feel that this generation's pokemon fell flat.

Years
Hmm...this is kind of a tough choice. I like Haxorus, as it's one of my favorite Dragon-type Pokémon. A favorite Fire-type Pokémon I like is Darmanitan.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Volcarona (Very good design and powerful as well, with a unique typing) and Braviary (Great looking bird pokemon that's actually good in battle) are my favourites, but I only really like a handful more. Sorry guys, but I feel that this generation's pokemon fell flat.

I completely forgot about Volcarona, koff~

I feel bad about it because I use it quite often. It's a fun typing to play with, the little fire bug, koffi~

Years
It's kind of tough considering Gen V is my first Gen to play. But I'll have to go with the Oshawott line, more specifically Samurott since it can sure pull off a Swords Dance set as well as having sentimental value to me. Plus he's the first Pokemon that made it to Level 100 in my team, and that was just recently.

Worthy mentions are Chandelure and Conkeldurr. Chandelure has Flash Fire to go well with its great Special Attack, while Conkeldurr's Speed seems to be the only thing holding it back. It really is a good Pokemon to have

As far as legendaries go, it's a tie between Cobalion and Zekrom. My Zekrom wrecks anything thanks to its Adamant nature (that was lucky!) and Cobalion just stands out to me the most out of the four Swords of Justice.

Good generation overall.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Well, since Unova introduced more genuinely good pokemon than pretty much any other generation, it's hard to pick just one. Krookodile, Scrafty, Mienshao, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Bouffalant, Excadrill, Galvantula, Escavalier, Jellicent, Golurk, Lilligant, Darmanitan... all great pokemon - good designs, good stats and good movepools.

But one personal favorite? I guess it would have to be Leavanny. It just has an air of nobility that really appeals to me. It looks like (and was obviously patterned after) a swordfighting cavalier (well... that and a praying mantis, which I also like). Bug/Grass is a useful offensive dual typing, and since I know how and when to switch, its weaknesses don't bother me, and it's got good speed and terrific attack. Mostly though, I just like it, and have from the first time I used one in-game.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Scolipede is awesome! Also Leavanny, Scraggy, Dwebble, Joltik/Galvantula.

I never like electric pokemon untill Joltik/Galvantula - My favorite elec of all!

Most Special Sweepers don't look like normal animals. Special Sweepers are often bizarre shaped alien monsters. Gen 5 Gave us Zoroark, a special sweeper that looks like a normal animal AND has a fun ability. And Volcarona is an AWESOME moth that fits the bill nicely.

ALSO - Trubbish and Garbador. They are actually good pokemon!

I consider most of Gen 5 to be my 'favorite' pokemon. The only pokemon I would blacklist would be Sawk and Throw, cottonee (whimsicott is fine). and Timbur's Line, they are just so lumpy - I wish there was a pink one with a floral design! Only those four stand out as bad right now. The others I love a lot.

Last edited:

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Kyurem is my favorite Pokémon of Generation V. Its fantastic concept, overall uniqueness and great, intriguing designs make it a definite all-time favorite of mine. No matter which Forme I'm using it in, I'm always having loads of fun using it.

Some of my other favorites are Reshiram, Zekrom, the Kami, Hydreigon, Samurott and Volcarona. Really, there's so much I like about Gen V.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I loved the odd bugs Volcarona, Escavalier, and Accelggor and the odd stuff like Yamask, Cofagrigus, and Sigilyph.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Victini, Scraggy, and Scrafty are my favorite ones. Victini and Scraggy are just freaking adorable and Scrafty is a monster of a Pokemon. Very bulky and can also hit back very hard.

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Cofagrigus, Sigilyph, or Scrafty.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
To be honest, this was the region that I liked the least amount of Pokemon in. I didn't HATE them, I just didn't have a lot of favourites.

My favourite Pokemon in Black and White were Zorua, Whimsicott, Emolga, Minccino, Litwick and Mienshao.

Back