• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Nah, he'll have quite a few tasks for you in return when you meet him at his lab. After all, unlike most Professors, he has no aides. >:

:D Thanks

FireGym1.png
FireGym2.png

A preview of the not-yet-scripted Fire Gym. :D
(yeah, I've noticed the tile error in the second screen ;o;)

Woaah! D: That's worse then Elm and his one Aide. >:

Anyway the firegym looks good.
But here is a suggestion.There's water in the bottom floor you could replace it with LAVA :D To give it the fire fym taste :3

Years
The updates look really nice! I love how the Professor gives us an energetic Psyduck, and makes us look after it and chasing it around the place. xD

I also love the great idea of knocking down a cardboard tree! That's so different to any other hack. :D

I hope to see a new feature in the next few updates or so! Good luck! :)

Years
Woaah! D: That's worse then Elm and his one Aide. >:

Anyway the firegym looks good.
But here is a suggestion.There's water in the bottom floor you could replace it with LAVA :D To give it the fire fym taste :3
Exactly, you can hardly expect him to look after a Psyduck like that on his own.

Thanks. And yeah, lava - you have to walk through that water. It's basically the idea of a hot spa.

The updates look really nice! I love how the Professor gives us an energetic Psyduck, and makes us look after it and chasing it around the place. xD

I also love the great idea of knocking down a cardboard tree! That's so different to any other hack. :D

I hope to see a new feature in the next few updates or so! Good luck! :)
Thanks!

I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve, so I hope you'll be satisfied. :D

Bisharp

Whoa.. up close and personal..!
Years
This hack looks like it's gonna be great, I can't wait for open beta! c:
I could do some trainer sprites for the people that need them, I just need references. I'm not exactly the best sprite editor in the world so don't expect something that's super flashy.

Years
This hack looks like it's gonna be great, I can't wait for open beta! c:
I could do some trainer sprites for the people that need them, I just need references. I'm not exactly the best sprite editor in the world so don't expect something that's super flashy.

If I'm honest, I can't wait for the beta either. :D

And thanks for the offer! I'll probably do most, but if I need some help, I'll be knockin' at your door. :D
FireGym2-1.png
Burnbabyburn.png
FireGym3.png

Fixed the tile error, and a few new screens of the Gym.
(which now only needs the Gym Leader to be scripted!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2011
The custom sprites, I am totally in love with them. I can't wait to see what this hack will bring (=

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
This hack is nice,for your new updates, the stairs on the water seem to be a bit off, it is missing that bottom ledge like in your 3rd screenshot,also you should have made the paths bigger, i don't like how there are 1 tile paths,gives the player less playability,besides that stuff, your mapping is nice (although Nintendo mapping trees)i would rather go for natural mapping, but it's your hack, do whatever you want :)

Years
The custom sprites, I am totally in love with them. I can't wait to see what this hack will bring (=
Thanks. :D
This hack is nice,for your new updates, the stairs on the water seem to be a bit off, it is missing that bottom ledge like in your 3rd screenshot,also you should have made the paths bigger, i don't like how there are 1 tile paths,gives the player less playability,besides that stuff, your mapping is nice (although Nintendo mapping trees)i would rather go for natural mapping, but it's your hack, do whatever you want :)
No, the water is underneath the rocks. There are only two instances where there is a one tile path and it's not a major problem. I hate the look of natural mapping, but thanks anyway.

PlayGames.png
Mess.png

After beating the second gym, Team Aura get's rather angry with you...​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
The only thing I'd like to see added (or elaborated more) is the backstory: why did the three legendary Pokemon protect these items? Are they related in a way? What is the power behind them? I'm sure we will find out through the sequence of the story, but a good, general idea about these gaps would be nice, a least for me. Just a thought; no need to do it.

The use of the FR tiles with the addition of some custom-made FR-styled tiles is what I like to see in a hack and I see you implemented that in your hack. I don't have anything against completely new tiles, but the FR tiles are more 'easy on the eyes' for me. The scripting looks more than decent, the grammar is perfect, and the events look intriguing. I'm sure you'll enlighten us with some professionally-made and good-looking scripts later on. The characters aspect is the most I was impressed with, especially in Jack of Hearts and Cyan. They look like characters that could spice up the hack and orchestrate a fun game to play.

Overall, this hack looks promising enough and I'll be sure to follow the progress you will be making. Best of luck on this, mate, and keep us anticipated.

Years
The only thing I'd like to see added (or elaborated more) is the backstory: why did the three legendary Pokemon protect these items? Are they related in a way? What is the power behind them? I'm sure we will find out through the sequence of the story, but a good, general idea about these gaps would be nice, a least for me. Just a thought; no need to do it.

The use of the FR tiles with the addition of some custom-made FR-styled tiles is what I like to see in a hack and I see you implemented that in your hack. I don't have anything against completely new tiles, but the FR tiles are more 'easy on the eyes' for me. The scripting looks more than decent, the grammar is perfect, and the events look intriguing. I'm sure you'll enlighten us with some professionally-made and good-looking scripts later on. The characters aspect is the most I was impressed with, especially in Jack of Hearts and Cyan. They look like characters that could spice up the hack and orchestrate a fun game to play.

Overall, this hack looks promising enough and I'll be sure to follow the progress you will be making. Best of luck on this, mate, and keep us anticipated.
I'm glad to see you're interested, but I plan to keep that information a secret for now.

Thanks. It's really nice to see some really constructive crit. :D And I agree, Jack of Hearts is a pretty cool guy.

I'll definitely keep it up.

WalkyTalky.png

On your escape mission from the Aura Headquarters, Cyan equips you with a rather...dated, shall we say, walky talky.
It doesn't help that only he can talk to you, and you can't talk to him. -.-​

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The joys of a Mute-hero... wait o.O Is the hero mute?

Anyway walkie talkie is cool. But will you change the Vs.Seeker graphic. Because many people use the Vs seeker graphic D:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Thanks. It's not that good if I'm honest - the player hardly has any control except walking up to the guard. :/
Well, I'm not familiar with FR scripting system myself as I've never really created scripts in 3rd gen pokemon games before.

In 2nd gen there for example isn't a "change player's sprite" command - you've gotta tell the game the ram address where its stored (I believe you had to do that).
A less-experienced hacker wouldn't have stuff like that in his/her hack and besides, it's also hard to tell what you had to do to make the game load text and continue the script at the same time.

Years
Well, I'm not familiar with FR scripting system myself as I've never really created scripts in 3rd gen pokemon games before.

In 2nd gen there for example isn't a "change player's sprite" command - you've gotta tell the game the ram address where its stored (I believe you had to do that).
A less-experienced hacker wouldn't have stuff like that in his/her hack and besides, it's also hard to tell what you had to do to make the game load text and continue the script at the same time.

I'm pretty sure it's something similar to that in Gen III as well, though I'm no expert so yeah. Thanks anyway. :D

Also! Beta should be ready for testing by the end of this week. I just have to finish off the last town, the third gym and the Safari Zone, then you guys can have a play!

CaptureSuicune.png
AoCity-1.png

Here are a few screens to whet your appetite.​

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Mmmmmmmmmm-boy :3
Safari Zone! The place where we men can be men!
Can't wait for the beta :D

Years
The update looks really good! Though, I'm not sure about that rock being near the Poke-mart entrance, it looks out of place. But, I haven't seen the whole map, so what would I know? :P

Anyway, good luck! I cannot wait for thee beta! :D

Years
Oh boy, once again, I can't wait for this hack's open beta! It feels so close now, and I'm dying for a play.
Thanks a lot!

Mmmmmmmmmm-boy :3
Safari Zone! The place where we men can be men!
Can't wait for the beta :D
Thanks again!

The update looks really good! Though, I'm not sure about that rock being near the Poke-mart entrance, it looks out of place. But, I haven't seen the whole map, so what would I know? :P

Anyway, good luck! I cannot wait for thee beta! :D
Thanks, and it does kind of look off in that screen, but literally next to it is mountains, so it's not the map, just my screenshotting skills.

AoCity-1.png
Route3.png
SafariZone.png

Last edited:
Years
I did wonder, as nothing is wrong with your mapping. I suggest you improve you screen shotting skills. xD

I like the look of the safari zone, it looks cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back