• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making the Sandstorm "softer"

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
Hi,

I made a Sandstorm via the Editor.
My Problem is, it looks wayyyy to "thick".
Is there a way i can make the Sandstorm a bit less strong?

I hope you know what i mean and thx for the incoming help.

Or is there away i can change the sandstorm by myself. Like changeing a graphic?

Last edited:

gr3ygho$t28

Veteran Gamer
Years
Select the Set Weather Effects command (it's on the second page of event commands, at the bottom of the first group in the right- hand column), and you'll get presented with a box. This box is pretty simple to operate, but I'll go through it anyway. First of all, the weather type. None is - well, it cancels any other weather effects that you have going at that time. It's the default, no effect weather. Rain is rain streaking down from top-right corner of the screen. Storm is like rain, only with slightly thicker drops, and they fall at a slightly sharper angle. It doesn't have thunder and lightning built in, that's a do-it-yourself addition. And finally, Snow is white whirling flakes that fall in the same direction as rain.

The power can be set for Rain, Storm or Snow, from 1 to 9, five being average. When with rain, the strength makes more raindrops fall from the sky. It's difficult to show in images, so have a go and see what I mean. With Storm, the effect is much the same, and finally, with Snow, a higher power makes more flakes fall.

Lastly, the time value tells you how many frames the weather effect will take to appear. I usually go for something around 30, but it is completely up to you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
But i dont think i can select a sandstorm in this box.

Like you said, i can choose between Rain, Storm and Snow.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
There's a weather-manipulating NPC on the Route 7 example map. Check it out.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
Ok this works.

At the moment, it is triggerd with the action button.
When i try to trigger it with "Auto run" i cant move when i leave my start house to check the citys weather condition.

Anyway, can i change the sandstorm animation?
It looks..how can i say it...to hard.

I wish, i could make a sandstorm, thad looks more like a wind going threw the city

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
chooseing Parallel Process should make it run while not stopping everything else I believe. I am a bit new at this though, so.

Back