• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which next gen console are you getting?

Which one are you getting?

• Xbox 720

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Wii U

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • PS4

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • None of them

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
As the title implies, which next gen console are you going to get?

I'm pretty much set on buying the 720 (as far as I know it hasn't been confirmed yet but info about it has been leaked) when it comes out, but I don't know if I'll ever get the Wii U. I've always been a Nintendo fan growing up but the last few years Microsoft has converted me into being an Xbox guy.

As for the PS4 I've never had a desire for any of Sony's console.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, it will probably be a while before I get any of them (Just got a PS3 after all, lol), but, eventually, I plan to be getting all of them.

Each console has its pros and cons. After trying them all out, I can't say I favor any one over the other. The PS3 is great, and PSN is free, but Xbox seems to be my primary console for multiplayer and online games. The Wii has kind of faded into the background, because I never really got the chance to get any decent games for it, but it is nice for family gaming, lol.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
No home system, at least, being a PC gamer.
The 3DS, if it counts as an eighth generation console, is likely to remain my only investment.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Within the next two or three years, most likely none of the above.

I'll be busy with college money and the such, so I don't know if I'll be able to afford it. If I did have the money though, most likely a PS4. Possibly an Xbox 720 though, because my friends all have the 360. Thus, I'd like to start afresh with them.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Xbox 720: I got a PC. Xbox 720 is like a downgraded version of my PC imo.

Wii-U: I'm gonna be getting this one if I had to buy any home consoles, I like the games and the controls.

PS4: Never really was a big fan of the Playsation 2 and Playstation 3, aside from the Playstation itself. So this is a definite no for me.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
No home system, at least, being a PC gamer.
The 3DS, if it counts as an eighth generation console, is likely to remain my only investment.

I was thinking of just the home consoles since those are the main ones. I personally don't group handhelds and consoles together but that can count.

The only thing really holding me back is the money. I don't know how much they cost but seeing as how the consoles were expensive last gen I'm not expecting this gen to be any cheaper.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I was thinking of just the home consoles since those are the main ones. I personally don't group handhelds and consoles together but that can count.

The only thing really holding me back is the money. I don't know how much they cost but seeing as how the consoles were expensive last gen I'm not expecting this gen to be any cheaper.

From what I heard, don't be surprised if they cost about six or seven hundred dollars a piece, lol.

Also, if we decide to add the 3DS into the mix, then that will probably be the one I get the soonest. Gotta have something for X and Y (plus Dream Drop Distance and other games that come out, lol) do I not? d:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Honestly, I'll probably end up getting them all eventually. I only own a 3DS atm, but I think I'll be getting the Wii U sometime this year (despite the sorely lacking library) As for the others, I know they'll eventually release a certain title that'll force me to get it no matter what.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
honestly? none. I'm much more of a handheld gamer. If I were to get any of them, I'd probably get the Wii U, but so far I haven't seen anything that even remotely piques my interest by way of titles (available or in-development) so for the foreseeable future, none would be my answer.

Years
Right now I'm still waiting to hear what Microsoft has planned for the new Xbox, and we still have limited information about the PS4. Either way, I've always waited a year or so after the consoles come out to decide which one I want to get, so I can see the reviews for both of them, and hope that any issues with the initial wave of consoles has been fixed by then. I'm not a big fan of the Wii U, so even though it's already out, I don't have any plans to get it.

If I had to pick one right now I'd go with the PS4 (since I've mainly owned Sony consoles back to the PS1), but I'll wait around to see what Microsoft has in store for us before I make any real decision.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I'll probably be getting the Xbox 720, since there's some Xbox exclusives that I like to play. I may get a Wii U sometime in the future as well. I still need to get a 3DS though for two reasons: Fire Emblem and Pokemon X and Y.

Leonknight

Merc Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
PS4

never have been a fan of Xbox, if I want to play Xbox games I will just get them on the computer. As someone had stated xbox is nothing but a downgraded computer. And to be honest I Personally prefer my gamerig above all, as computer is greater than all

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'll probably get a PS4 sometime down the road. I'd like them to fix the whole "PSN games won't work" thing because I really hate that they've pushed digital games so hard on the PS3 only to turn right around and say "whoops, those can't be moved forward to the next console". :( But I haven't even touched the 360 in about a year and I have zero interest in the Wii U until they make a Pokemon Snap so it'll probably be Sony when it happens. I was really impressed with the PS3 in the end. Had a bit of a rough start but man Playstation Plus is great and I'd love to support the company longer just for that. They know how to treat their customers (usually :P).

I've already picked up the 3DS and PS Vita and my computer still handles most games I throw at it. I tend to prefer portable gaming so I can probably hold off on the next gen for quite a while.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I don't think I'm going to be bothering with any of them much. I plan on getting a Wii U by the end of the year considering what it seems to have going for it right now. I'm getting a gaming-based PC soon enough, so I feel like there's no need for the PS4 or new Xbox.

Years
PS4. I am a Sony gamer at heart and the other consoles don't have anything, currently, to interest me. Certainly not the Wii U. ;)​

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Already have a Wii U and 3DS, likely gonna get a PS4 way down the line. That things built for 7+ years, so why wait from the start and just jump in the middle?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Before I decide between them I will be waiting to see what Mircosoft come up with for their 720. If it does not appeal to be I will go for the PS4.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
As long as no Pokemon games will be released in any of the 3 consoles I'm not interested in getting them. I will just buy another 3DS XL (so I can trade between X and Y)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'll probably get the 720 since I wanna see if it has backwards compatibility with 360 games. If not then **** you Microsoft.

Back