• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
No problem Chaos, it happens to the best of writers. It's also more understandable if English isn't your first language.

Something I forgot to mention is that I will be posting the IC later tonight, since we now have enough people to really get going. I'm just going to put this out there as well, but there will be a sort of evaluation/testing event pretty early on in day one that will require sparring of some type. Would everybody prefer to be randomly selected, paired in the same element, or spar with certain people? I'm fine with any of these, and I'm even fine with a mixture of these. So whatever would be preferred I'll go with.

I think a random selection would be more fun, im curious as to what kind of evaluation it will be cause everyone has quite a wide variety of magic

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Colony, can Shion be paired up with Indigo?

A random selection would be fun, but some characters being paired up with certain others would also probably turn out to be a slaughter. >_>

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Almost done with my SU, just need to do the history, and I changed a few things.

Spoiler:

Can you please just give me a 22 hour reservation? I won't be able to finish it tonight, but I can tomorrow. And yes, I meant to put 22.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Randomly selected, definitely. Even if some of the kids aren't exactly evenly matched, that's almost the point, isn't it? Also, all of these, shy/antisocial kids. Conversations are going to be ... interesting?

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
@GoldenRayquaza, I'll do a type of reservation. Since both you and Chuckleslucifer have SUs and there's only one spot left I will give you 22 hours to finish your SUs. At that time I will review them both and depending on which fits better I will choose. That should seem fair since it gives both of you a chance and it is within the amount of time you requested.

Since it seems random seems to be the getting more votes than pairs I suppose we'll go with random. Shion may compete against Indigo, as long as no one has any objections and both parties agree to it (I can see this battle being interesting or completely one sided). Besides, with the way it's set up it's not exactly like we won't be having these kinds of competitions often. If for some reason there is an odd number of people battling then a battle will either be between three people or a teacher will test them (not advisable).

Also, WolfO... woops, I mean, DuskLunacy you are Accepted.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
all of these, shy/antisocial kids. Conversations are going to be ... interesting?
Is it that bad? I haven't even looked at the other characters yet at all, so mine wasn't really influenced by anything other than my own creativity.

Michael has valid reasons for acting how he does, though, only Colony was able to see that part.

Since it seems random seems to be the getting more votes than pairs I suppose we'll go with random. Shion may compete against Indigo, as long as no one has any objections and both parties agree to it (I can see this battle being interesting or completely one sided). Besides, with the way it's set up it's not exactly like we won't be having these kinds of competitions often. If for some reason there is an odd number of people battling then a battle will either be between three people or a teacher will test them (not advisable).

Also, WolfO... woops, I mean, DuskLunacy you are Accepted.
If you have any mercy, leave Michael out of whatever fighting goes on. Poor old kid would get creamed unless by some miracle his emotions work in his favor.

Yay, acceptance! That thing I never got growing up

If you've posted the IC or are going to soon, that'd mean this RP and my Zelda RP's OOC would release at the same time!

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Uhhh Zane acts nice but is actually really distant. Nathan is cold and antisocial. Shion is abrasive and cold. Jason is nice but has little social skills that makes him closed off. Crystal is not very social and likes animals more than humans. Michael is insanely shy. Pretty much the only ones are my character, Aris, who mainly likes observing anyways but will say stuff to get people talking so she can observe people, and Indigo, who's really arrogant and proud.

It shouldn't be too big of deal though, I guess.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
>.< awwwwwwww damn. That really puts a damper on my whole "unique characters" pride-thingy.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Well with so many antisocial kids mayabe this will be the best oportunity to have them open up with others that have similar social issues =P

As Crystal is concerned, if you are nice to her she will be somewhat nice to you untill she gets to know you better =P then she will either stick a rock in your eye or be a good friend

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
I should mention that part of Zane's SU has been omitted to help maintain some secrets, and part of his personality would have inadvertently revealed these secrets. So the distant part is sort of like stage two of a multilevel personality. More will be revealed as the RP goes on.

If you think about it, it would make sense. People who have either grown up in hiding or just recently discovered they are very different than normal would probably have social stigmas attached to them, which more than likely would hamper their ability to be social.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
I would've thought there would've been more people on the other side of the spectrum, like those who lashed out after some social things, but it does make some sense.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I should mention that part of Zane's SU has been omitted to help maintain some secrets, and part of his personality would have inadvertently revealed these secrets. So the distant part is sort of like stage two of a multilevel personality. More will be revealed as the RP goes on.

If you think about it, it would make sense. People who have either grown up in hiding or just recently discovered they are very different than normal would probably have social stigmas attached to them, which more than likely would hamper their ability to be social.
I think it's actually the other way around for Michael. Events in his life made him so timid and quiet, yet his abilities are probably one of the only things that gave him a tiny bit of confidence (That and Tai Chi)

Michael's sign-up omits a lot of details too, but that just makes it more fun for interaction!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Definitely looking forward to interact with you guys even though Nathan is cold. All the SUs look good!

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Yeah. Aris was always on the popular side of the spectrum, so she was always surrounded by people and just doesn't talk because her attention tends to wander and observing allows her mind to jump freely.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm curious as to how interaction with others will work for Michael.

Mainly because he's not going to be looking for people to talk to. I'd love to see a synopsis of the characters.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Indigo's going to have a field day with all of these antisocial people. XD While he is very arrogant and proud... I must also point out that aside from that he's actually a pretty nice guy. Friendly as all hell really, all of these people having trouble opening up is going to drive him mad.

Also I'd just like to confirm my also having interest in Shion and Indigo pairing up for the sparring contest. While I'm not yet sure exactly how this battle will turn out, it is almost certain to be interesting, trust me. ^-^'

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I have a question, before we jump into IC.

Are our characters heading to the Institute at the beginning of the RP, or will there be students who've been there for at least a year, or students who've arrived before the schooling year has begun?

I was thinking of having Michael already living in his dorm for about a week or so (pre-IC) being taken care of as far as food and drink and residence (he definitely does not come from wealth).

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
DONE!

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back