• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Question about anime (specific episode)

There's an anime episode that is proof of PokéShipping, but I can't remember for the life of me which one it is. The scene I remember is somewhat specific:

Brock and Misty are talking about romance and such because Brock got rejected again and is depressed and all that. Misty says something along the lines of "Well, X likes Y because of this". Brock looks up and asks "How do you know?" and Misty goes all nervous and says (unconvincingly) "Uh, somebody told me, that's why". I'm fairly positive that this episode is in Master Quest, but after spending a while on Bulbapedia I'm starting to think that I might have imagined it (although my brother seems to remember it too).

I also seem to remember this scene happened on a boat, or a place with a railing.

Years
Amourshipping Valentine's day poster for the win!!

v_zps66741bc1.png

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Man, they're really going for it. But tbh I haven't seen many things in the anime that could be considered "hints" toward a potential relationship beyond Serena's fascination that comes up once every few episodes. She needs more personal interaction with Ash tbh.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Man, they're really going for it. But tbh I haven't seen many things in the anime that could be considered "hints" toward a potential relationship beyond Serena's fascination that comes up once every few episodes. She needs more personal interaction with Ash tbh.

Don't you know? They need to cram the notion that Serena likes Ash down our throats, because it certainly wasn't already obvious enough. It's amusing the the poster can be seen as promoting them as a couple, when Ash has no interest in Serena whatsoever, at least in that way. The "romance" promotion for this pairing is starting to get a bit...silly.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I wonder if they're trying to resurrect shipping? Like, it was a big part of the fandom for a long time and then kind of... dropped off. But they're going about it the wrong way imo. I personally tend to reject what's shoved in my face. lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I wonder if they're trying to resurrect shipping? Like, it was a big part of the fandom for a long time and then kind of... dropped off. But they're going about it the wrong way imo. I personally tend to reject what's shoved in my face. lol

Tbh, a part of me had a feeling that they were gonna force the idea of Serena x Ash down our throat the moment I heard about her knowing him in the past. Even though, they're not "childhood friends" per say, alot of times in anime/JRPG's childhood friends/acquaintances have romantic undertones. Whether it be one party like another, while the other remains oblivious or both having feelings for each other.

But at the same time, being Pokemon...I didn't really expect promotion, or the episodes in general to lay on the one-sidedness so thick (but hey Pokemon took alot of routes I didn't particularly like, especially during BW). Really, it's making me wonder if it'll actually lead to some development for one or both of them or will it just be treated as something to giggle about.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I liked Contestshipping, but honestly, the ship has been dead in the water for years now. While the fanbase is still going strong on tumblr, most of the fans from the AG era either moved on or forgot about it.

it still surprises me to this day that May never got any specials in Johto with Drew/Harley. You would think with how tremendously popular the characters were they would have gotten at least 1-2 specials, but it never happened. I don't expect anything now since its far too late, but she should have gotten specials during the DP era...perhaps right before her Wallace Cup cameo.

It's a shame because it was the only close-to-canon ship the anime had, but its practically unknown now due to younger viewers and older fans drifting out of the series.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Y'know Anna, people go their hands on the magazine that had that Ash/Serena poster in it. And you wouldn't believe...

THERE IS ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP CHART THAT SAYS SERENA IS VERY INTERESTED IN ASH. WHO WOULDA GUESSED?!

In addition the actual poster itself (or a smaller version of it in same said magazine the larger pin-up poster came in) has character bios on it for Ash and Serena. And in it it says she has "Strong special feelings for him."

I would post it, but at this point it be posting more of what we know already ad nauseum. smh

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
@precita I'm still hoping for AG cast cameos if WHEN RSEmakes come out. :P Maybe the writers will bring that whole travelling group in? Max would be left out though and that would be sad, but hey. Coordinators!

@Zero IM SO ANNOYED. I WOULD HAVE TOTALLY ACCEPTED THIS SHIP AND ADORED IT IF IT WASN'T IN MY FACE UGH

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'm not really expecting to see the Hoenn coordinators again even if there are R/S remakes. The writers usually don't bring back the old female companion more than once after their next saga. It's the same reason Misty hasn't reappeared since Hoenn, the writers just bring back the older female lead once for the next saga and then they let them be forgotten. I'm sure we've seen the last of Dawn too for this reason.

As for Amourshipping, it just feels what people wanted Pearlshipping to be. So much of Serena's character reminds me of Dawn (just minus the Contests), and it reminds me of what they thought Ash/Dawn's interactions were.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Am I the only one who want to see Serena Or any other girl making an expression like this toward Ash-
Spoiler:

A common expression usually made by Tsundere girl .

I just disappointed that Serena act more like a new girl instate of a childhood friend.
Childhood friends has a special relationship and thats what I wanted to see.
But Serena Formal chemistry with Ash is ruining it ! If she going to act like a new girl toward Ash then what is the point of making her a childhood friend .
To think , ''Childhood Friend'' Plot got ruin like this .
I have much better idea regarding ''Childhood Friend''-

Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Honestly as far as I can tell, the crush on Ash is purely motivation to get her out of the house. They don't seem to have particularly bonded as friends as children; he just rescued her once and made a big impression. But since she doesn't have a goal and doesn't seem really interested in Pokémon training at all, she has to have some other reason to become a companion- that being that she has a crush on Ash. It's not really the standard childhood friends type relationship people keep interpreting it as.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Currently the Amourshipping need

-A referring female character who will fight against Serena Over Ash . Basically A Love rival .

-Serena to have an ability to attract males toward her ! Like a Popular school-idol who make all the guy fall for her.

-Serena start showing her Sassy side toward Ash

-Better chemistry then Pearlshipping.

-Other Males becoming jealous of Ash due to Serena's affection toward him .

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Hey Anna, if I understood correctly (and this may not be entirely accurate)..at the beginning of the Pichu/Dedenne episode they were talking about food (and eating properly I believe?) And I think Ash said he eats whenever he is hungry, and Serena said that's because he (and Pikachu) are gluttons. She just called her white knight a glutton. THAT'S IMPROVEMENT!

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
IF THAT'S CORRECT THEN I'M SO HAPPY. Somebody in this show needs to criticise him! I mean, Clemont has corrected him or suggested alternatives to whatever at times but nobody's calling Ash out yet and gosh. For one, he needs someone to bring him back to earth once in a while. And two, Serena's starting to see that he's a real person with real faults and merits. aaaaa

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
IF THAT'S CORRECT THEN I'M SO HAPPY. Somebody in this show needs to criticise him! I mean, Clemont has corrected him or suggested alternatives to whatever at times but nobody's calling Ash out yet and gosh. For one, he needs someone to bring him back to earth once in a while. And two, Serena's starting to see that he's a real person with real faults and merits. aaaaa

Well she also loudly said "Moouuuu..."(Japanese for "geez") while putting a hand on her hip while looking at him when Ash's stomach rumbled at the end of the episode. But laughed it off (along with everyone else, including the kids who were crying initially). So it's a bit unclear if it actually bothers her. She smiled about it when it happened in the bug Capturing/poaching episode, while Bonnie and Clemont were the ones that were kinda "....really man?" about it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I believe jealousy is the Best way for Serena to show her Sassy side toward Ash.
But it require a big group of girl who shows interest in Ash.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The more you love them the more you want to correct their errors =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back