• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2019
EDIT: ok I fixed the problem,but now there is another annoying thing òò I changed worldmap's cities and routes with Amap,but the small head that shows PG's position remains where there was the city before.
As you can see in the image,the player's head should be in "cerulean city" because the player is in the pokemon center of cerulean city,but he is where there was the old cerulean city in kanto's map.
Is there anybody here who knows how to fix this? Thanks a lot!

PS sorry for my english :p

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Sigh. Another weird problem. I have inserted my 2 region maps flawlessly. It shows up perfect in Advance Map. My first starting region (Taejo) shows up perfectly in game as well. However, needing to test my second region map in game (Seijo), this is what happens when I move from a Taejo map to a Seijo map:

The top part of Seijo gets glitched up. I also noticed that if I get there through a warp, the Seijo map gets this little glitched block on the top right of the region. Since the map shoes up perfectly in Advance Map does that mean there is only a specific way of transferring between these maps? Like the original way Game Freak did with the Bill event in Cinnabar. Do I have to make a script like that in order to get to the other map?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Ok I've got it figured out thanks to help from my pal on here.

To get the borders not to disappear there has to be a black 8x8 square at the upper left hand corner.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I know this probably counts as necro posting, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I looked through this and tried to follow everyone's directions and help as best as I could. But in the end, this was what I ended up with.

Maperror_zps17219bef.png

Could someone please help me out?

JoeyBaboey

Charmandasaur
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
I must be doing something wrong, whenever I look at the map in Advance Map or in game, this comes up instead of the map I designed. P.S. The big one is in game, the small one is advancemap

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Doesn't work for me.
I can´t find my pointer XX XX XX 08 in my hex editor.
Any help ?

pgattic
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
Hey i tried this, but when I went to see the map, it was using the raw file as tiles for the original kanto tileset. plz help

Back