• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years

^Ditto. I'm hoping that contests make a comeback, but not in Unova. The musical's already been established so they should stick with it.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I guess...
Plus, what if they merged the two? Like, three rounds:
ROUND 1: Appeal
ROUND 2: Moves
ROUND 3: Talent (which is the musical)

The Talent part would be shorter than musical, but the same thing. Also, pokemon costumes and dress-up show up in Appeal. Talent and Appeal scores are added, and then multiply or add Moves.

What do you think about this concept?

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years

It would be cool, except that I was hoping for them to make it more like the anime and incorporate battling in it. Also, making it a tournament format would be amazing. Such as they keep the heart concept, but reintroduce the jam concept from Gen 3 which replaces the damage when battling. So when you attack, instead of lowering health, you lower your opponents appeal while increasing your own appeal.

Username_9138

If only the games actually did have good contests...a tournament, an appeal round, trainers maybe doing just a little bit more than stand there?

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
So a good contest would be like this...

PROLOGUE: depending on poffins/pokeblocks or whatever, your pokemon gains a certain amount of hearts from the audience. No props yet.

APPEAL PART 1: Same as normal contests, choose moves, jam others...

APPEAL PART 2: A new meter comes up, it isn't carried over from APPEAL PART 1. This one has mini-battles, where trainers use moves to jam others/raise their own appeal, choosing carefully. Kind of like the anime.

TALENT SHOW: Same as musical in Gen V, props come into play here.

TOTAL: Total up all the hearts gained from PROLOGUE, APPEAL(Parts 1 + 2) and TALENT SHOW(1st in musical gets lots of hearts, 2nd gets half of 1st's prize, 3rd gets a quarter, and fourth gets none)

Years
33. This would be an interesting format for the contest events, but other than the fact that the score is totaled up at the end, I don't see any way they tie together. Even if it's as simple as using the scores from the previous round to determine the order participants perform in a given round, there needs to be something that ties together each round aside from the final result.

Username_9138

Hmmmm...Interesting point. I shall bring it up with my associates.

*whispers with associates*

We have come to a conclusion--which the next poster will relay for me, as I have a...thing to go do. :3

I'm totally unfair.

droomph

weeb
Years
-35-
APPEAL PART 2: A new meter comes up, it isn't carried over from APPEAL PART 1. This one has mini-battles, where trainers use moves to jam others/raise their own appeal, choosing carefully. Kind of like the anime.
OMG I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS SO MUCH. But I'm not sure we have enough power in the 3DS to handle that type of situation.

@ThatWhiteKid what do you mean? I don't have a message...

33. This would be an interesting format for the contest events, but other than the fact that the score is totaled up at the end, I don't see any way they tie together. Even if it's as simple as using the scores from the previous round to determine the order participants perform in a given round, there needs to be something that ties together each round aside from the final result.
Well if you remember in the Anime the APPEAL ROUND 1 was a single appeal (although it's a lot more complicated than just clicking a move) and APPEAL ROUND 2 is trimmed down, determined by the top 50% of Round 1.

However the musical I can't think of a way.

Last edited:

Username_9138

I was trying to get someone else to think and/or joke around. But I have the conclusion:

What Droomph said, with the top 50% of Round 1 would move on to Round 2, but the Talent part would still have a chance for those who lost in Round 2 to gain points, although it wouldn't really help unless

a.) everyone else sucked
b.) or the losers won the Talent part like crazy sons of guns

Oh well. Game Freak will come up with it when they want. But it will happen. I will make sure of this.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

-Conversation shift- Man I can't wait for B2W2, especially with all the new releases. :3

Back