• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
About the first question... As far as I know, the title screen is special in that the song played there has no loop point. In other words, when it's done, it's done. Nothing happens. Now, when the game is on the title screen, and notices that the song has finished playing, it automatically resets the game. Through some ASM hacking, it should be possible to extend the time, or, alternately, you could insert a longer song. Or of course a song that loops, so that the game doesn't reset at all.

I have a song that lasts 1:24. and it loops at 50 or so.So its not the song. its the timing, and the original title loops, add it to a map, it will loop.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
did you walk to your mom. if you game allows you to get defeated without first taking to your mom that will happen.
I fixed that. Does it all have to do with level hacking and things like that? When I lose, I get the right script, saying I scurried home before my first pokemon center, but it keeps sending me to map 0.0

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I change the title screen on Pokemon FireRed to be whatever I want it to be?

Larsie13

I have a song that lasts 1:24. and it loops at 50 or so.So its not the song. its the timing, and the original title loops, add it to a map, it will loop.
Well, I guess it's different for FR than it is for R/S/E, then. In Emerald at least, and probably in R/S too, it happens like I said in my previous post. Don't know how it works in FR...

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I'm about to install Sappy 1.2 on my laptop.
I'd downloaded it from the Helmeted Rodent website.
Is it safe(ie are there any more viruses, like in Elite Map)?
Thanks

Yeah, sorry, another problem!
Can anyone explain why this happens:
View attachment 50726
Thanks again

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
so my problem is that any ruby rom i download theres some kind of defect to it, no matter where i download the rom from, the groudon is gone, do any of you know how to fix that

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I'm about to install Sappy 1.2 on my laptop.
I'd downloaded it from the Helmeted Rodent website.
Is it safe(ie are there any more viruses, like in Elite Map)?
Thanks

Yeah, sorry, another problem!
Can anyone explain why this happens:
View attachment 50726
Thanks again

Download the advanced series in the tools section and use the sprite position editor.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Download the advanced series in the tools section and use the sprite position editor.
Great! Thanks for the help!

Now, another query(sprry if I'm annoying anyone!):
Does anyone know where I can get the 4th gen Pokemon 'death cries'?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Great! Thanks for the help!

Now, another query(sprry if I'm annoying anyone!):
Does anyone know where I can get the 4th gen Pokemon 'death cries'?

Chances are, the sounds are all just the regular sounds/cries, just slowed and lowered by the game's engine.
You'll have to either record it, or rip the cry and do it yourself with a sound editing program like Wavepad...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Hello again.
How does one(using advance map) make a snowy city? I dont want the whole rom to be snowy, just a city or route. And I dont mean just the weather i mean the palettes.

and here's a previous question I had that still needs some answering if anybody can help:

This is a Fire Red ROM.

Spoiler:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Hello again.
How does one(using advance map) make a snowy city? I dont want the whole rom to be snowy, just a city or route. And I dont mean just the weather i mean the palettes.

and here's a previous question I had that still needs some answering if anybody can help:

This is a Fire Red ROM.

Spoiler:

1. To make a snowy route, you insert the Snowy tiles yourself into the Secondary Tileset (which is route and city specific, so pick which one first), and then use that.
2. There is no known way to insert new map names without replacing old ones. Yet.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Can someone post a full Tutorial on how to use Pokemap please? I've looked all over the web and can't find any complete Tutorials for Pokemap.

Also how do I edit in newer generation Pokemon onto a GBC game without having to delete older generation Pokemon?

Last edited:

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
If this is already on here, then I apologize, I didn't feel like spending two hours going through 500 pages of questions. I have been repeatedly trying to hack Ruby/LeafGreen ROMs, but after I progress through the Hack to about the first or second Route, the game will completely freeze. I checked in A-Map and everything is f***ed up. Pokemon names are changed to something like (p,p,p,p,p) or (d;/) no parentheses, and item events are changed likewise. Sorry for the long post. Why does this keep happening?!?!?! All 5 times I've tried.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
On FireRed/LeafGreen how do I change the path that Professor Oak walks in when he's leading you to the lab?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
Copyright notices?

Hi there,
Some ROM hacks like "Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians" have copyright notices before the title screen (I have included an example picture).
How would I make my own one and is this process reversible?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back