• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Who doesn't love a good gossip, am I right?

Due to the continuous rumors that seem to be spreading around the internet about what may or may not happen in Pokémon X and Y, I think it's fitting that there should finally be a thread solely for discussing said rumors, what we think of them, and if they're actually fake or if they might have an inkling of truth hidden within.

I won't use this post as an update for what's true or not, because quite frankly that's exhausting and all official news can be found in the Pokémon X and Y News Summary thread pinned at the top of the forum.

Reminder: This thread is only to discuss and debunk or prove spreading rumors. You no longer have to use the X/Y General Chat and Speculation thread for that. Leave the X/Y General Chat and Speculation thread for general chit chat or minor speculations about what we already know or would like to see.

So, what's currently on the rumors chopping block? Who's claiming they have insider information now?

Thanks to XanderO for the thread recommendation.

Curious, you peer up towards the ceiling. You notice the small ledge - just out of any individual's reach. With some teamwork you manage to reach high enough, retrieving a berry to cure the injured puppy pokémon. Nestled next to the berry was an additional prize.

You retrieved the Dawn Stone. Continue your exploration, free style.

Last edited by a moderator:

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I posted this on the general chat and speculation, then i saw i should post it here so here it is again.

I saw this article on pokebeach today, it is supposed to be the last information from that "insider" guy. it mentioned the following rumors.

*Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/dark

*A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.

*A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

*Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

*Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

*Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

*HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.

*Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

*A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

*Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

*If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

*In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

I personally think the evolution methods are pretty stupid. Holding a DS upside down, so you can evolve it at whatever level you want as long as you hold your DS upside down?
The poison attack seems cool though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I posted this on the general chat and speculation, then i saw i should post it here so here it is again.

I saw this article on pokebeach today, it is supposed to be the last information from that "insider" guy. it mentioned the following rumors.

*Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/dark

*A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.

*A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

*Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

*Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

*Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

*Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

*A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

*Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

*If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

*In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

I personally think the evolution methods are pretty stupid. Holding a DS upside down, so you can evolve it at whatever level you want as long as you hold your DS upside down?
Moving my reply from the speculation thread to here.

The comedy involved in his evolution method discussion is priceless. Hold your system upside down? Have a Dark type in your party to cause evolution? I think there would be way too much confusion about evolving Pokémon if these types of things were true.

Cyclone

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
So this happened... I guess this confirms these rumors as true...

Spoiler:

Still I don't think it is all accurate to a tee... Fairy should be strong against Ice as well, right?

I made this for the new typing...

iJUDj0G.png

Those first three rub me the wrong way... I like the rival giving me their start... That means I can get Chespin and get Froakie later :D... But I will want Squirtle... If I want to use them, I'll have to pick Fennekin and get Chespin :(... Dammit I want to ride my Pokemon... Even if its just a Speed EV minigame... HMs... No me gusta... Belch... Another attack to use up a slot for the one use you have for it... I told everyone there was a new form and nobody believed me... I wanted a Water/Dark frog, since we have a Water/Fighting Frog already... Only redeemable course is a ninja frog...

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
It wouldn't make sence to get your rivals pokemon. that would mean that your rival doesn't want his pokemon anymore? isn't that kinda sad? besides, i wouldn't use it anyway.

It could be like them admitted they are too weak to take care of the Pokemon and that it specifically deserves a strong trainer... The other Pokemon will probably stay with them for friendship... I hope the weak rival is the guy and the strong one is the girl... We need that dynamic already...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Typing out the rumours above, here's a checklist for accuracy comparison.

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokémon.
• Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokémon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
• Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
• The professor's English name is Patrice.
• The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
• The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
• A few attacks will be dual-typed.
• There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokémon and Pokémon with Levitate can participate in.
• You will be able to see a Pokémon's EVs at a certain in-game facility.
• You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

The one that stands out: what tree does the name Patrice come from?

Cyclone

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
It could be like them admitted they are too weak to take care of the Pokemon and that it specifically deserves a strong trainer... The other Pokemon will probably stay with them for friendship... I hope the weak rival is the guy and the strong one is the girl... We need that dynamic already...

Pokemon always tries to tell you it's all about the bond between you and your pokemon. If your rival gives away his starter pokemon he would give away the pokemon that he has the best bond with. it just seems a little weird to me, but i guess only time will tell

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I love this particular one:

A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Who knew Pokémon had gas? If this proves true, Berry growing in-game will likely be a function.

Cyclone

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I love this particular one:

Who knew Pokémon had gas? If this proves true, Berry growing in-game will likely be a function.

Cyclone

If that rumor is true it would be likely that you could be growing berries yourself in this game. maby other types would have a move like that. so maby you have a specific berrie for every type, that would be pretty cool

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If that Belch move has 120 power and 100 percent accuracy it'll be like a two turn move if one has recycle on their Pokémon's move set, well after the first use that is.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If that Belch move has 120 power and 100 percent accuracy it'll be like a two turn move if one has recycle on their Pokémon's move set, well after the first use that is.
For sure. It takes time to build up gas after a meal.

Fortunately, there are no rumours of an Atomic Fart move. Wario already has the market cornered on that one.

(All right, I'll stop now.)

What makes it hard is that the move can only be used once in battle, period. No way to use the move a second time. So it would be a 5 PP move.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
So this happened... I guess this confirms these rumors as true...

Spoiler:

Still I don't think it is all accurate to a tee... Fairy should be strong against Ice as well, right?

Lol that doesn't confirm anything. It's just the same as any other rumor, you are taking his word for it.

I don't believe in any of these rumors, not the ones on Pokebeach and not the ones here. Especially the ridiculous one where the kid you bullied in the past is now a rival (what a good message!) flipping the 3ds upside down to evolve a pokemon (lol?) horrible names such as Meowstick, etc. I can't believe some people are that gullible.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Patrice isn't a tree. However, Patrice is supposedly pronounced "Pah-trees".

Pah-Trece... We've been over this...

Lol that doesn't confirm anything. It's just the same as any other rumor, you are taking his word for it.

I don't believe in any of these rumors, not the ones on Pokebeach and not the ones here. Especially the ridiculous one where the kid you bullied in the past is now a rival (what a good message!) flipping the 3ds upside down to evolve a pokemon (lol?) horrible names such as Meowstick, etc. I can't believe some people are that gullible.

The rumors about the kid being bullied were confirmed as fake... These new ones with the cease and desist order comes from a guy in close connection to GameFreak... So yes... It's most likely true... I don't know about PokeBeach, but I'm guessing they will both be accurate, to much despise... Think about what GameFreak has done to Pokemon in the past and tell me you still think this is improbable...

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I actually like this. I think it would be nice to have some new ways of evolving your pokémon, rather than just leveling it up or using a stone or trading it. Also, I like to see the developers using the potentialities of the 3DS.
Well, even considering this, I'm happy because it's still a big step forward in pokémon games. Who knows what we will see in the future...
I would rather see them being completely replaced by natural abilities, but then again, it's a step forward.
I'll certainly find this useful. I just hope we'll be able to access it not too late in the game.
I was going to choose Chespin anyway, but I actually like it better this way.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I actually like this. I think it would be nice to have some new ways of evolving your pokémon, rather than just leveling it up or using a stone or trading it. Also, I like to see the developers using the potentialities of the 3DS.
Well, even considering this, I'm happy because it's still a big step forward in pokémon games. Who knows what we will see in the future...
I would rather see them being completely replaced by natural abilities, but then again, it's a step forward.
I'll certainly find this useful. I just hope we'll be able to access it not too late in the game.
I was going to choose Chespin anyway, but I actually like it better this way.

Thats a good point about it being a stepping process... They are trying to ease some people into things and only bring in a few new features per generation so they have a backlog of features to add. Generation 7 is likely to ink a bit closer to everything we want and maybe feature one thing we want now and get more and more features as we go on.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Thats a good point about it being a stepping process... They are trying to ease some people into things and only bring in a few new features per generation so they have a backlog of features to add. Generation 7 is likely to ink a bit closer to everything we want and maybe feature one thing we want now and get more and more features as we go on.
Yeah it seems like Gf is taking the ship slowly towards a new direction if these rumors are true, careful not to completely remove a staple feature or add a completely new one all at once, specifically with the Hm's. Hopefully this may mean no Hm's by X generation.

Patrice makes me think of Patrat tbh xD. Also while some say it works due to the trice being pronounced as trees it can work in another way, and that is the rice part. Rice may not be a tree but it is a grain, and grains grow from plants.

The pokemon Inkay sounds like it may be some monkey or some sort of Imp. I think Monkey as they're associated with jumping, and flipping the 3Ds makes me think of jumping for some reason...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I can just imagine, the 3DS misinterprets you turning your 3DS upside-down, or you do it too slowly/late--gotta level up again! Yeah, doesn't seem like a feature I'd like to see.
And I don't want to have one of the rivals give you their starters because...well, first off, then rechallenging them will be...awkward, if they keep that. Why the starter, of all things? And if we really have another professor who gives you a Kanto starter, then you get your rival's starter, and then you have your own.......

Some of the things this guy says are okay, the rest are just...bad. If he is legit, I'm hoping some of these things are just lies made up by him.

Back