• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
Years
Thanks guys for everything. I just have one little question before I log off for bed. Why does the script not stop when I get the Sunstone? I get one and it says I put it in my bag then it says I get another one right after that and its like looped.

The script looks like this.

Spoiler:

It has "end" in it. I thought that ended the script. I shouldn't need release because I checked the other scripts that were actually in the game for the water stone and stuff but they were just like what I had only with slightly different offsets and item number of course.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
Thanks guys for everything. I just have one little question before I log off for bed. Why does the script not stop when I get the Sunstone? I get one and it says I put it in my bag then it says I get another one right after that and its like looped.

The script looks like this.

Spoiler:

It has "end" in it. I thought that ended the script. I shouldn't need release because I checked the other scripts that were actually in the game for the water stone and stuff but they were just like what I had only with slightly different offsets and item number of course.
What is with your Dynamic address? You should really stick to using 800000+ unless you know exactly what you are doing. Its going to try to force your script into places it really shouldn't be. Like earlier you said you were using Ruby, and in Ruby that address is full of information already. Which could be messing up your script while also messing up a lot of other things in the game.

Looping can also depend on how you are actually setting it up in advance map.

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the answer. Another question for you guys, then:

Which seems to be the preferred method of Pokemon Fangame making? ROM Hacking or some other form of game creation (i.e. RPG Maker or GameMaker)? By this I mean which do people prefer to play.

Years
Thanks for the answer. Another question for you guys, then:

Which seems to be the preferred method of Pokemon Fangame making? ROM Hacking or some other form of game creation (i.e. RPG Maker or GameMaker)? By this I mean which do people prefer to play.

ROM Hacking will get the most recognition on here.
Not many people like Pokemon Hacks done with RPG Maker.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
ROM Hacking will get the most recognition on here.
Not many people like Pokemon Hacks done with RPG Maker.
Just like word "hack" says, rom hacks are modifications of existing programs, in this case, pokemon games. Hack can be pretty much made of anything; you can do your own hack of Microsoft Word to make it function in a way it couldn't have before.

Pokemon hacks are modifications of pokemon games to make them function in a way different way they did before; may this be done by redoing the build-in maps or totally re-writing the engine and making pokemon a mario-type platform game (this is something no sane person will ever done).

Felt like saying this, don't take anything in personal :)

RPG maker is a program that can be used to build games which is different from making hack (new program <--> program modification) . As for how the "most recognition" goes, yes, people tend to play rom hacks more than games made with game making programs. This is pretty much because the build in programs (pokemon games) are already fully functioning; have their own battle system, music, moving and events work, new scripts can be created easily etc.

It's a long process to do the same for a game made from scratch with a tool like RPG Maker. The games made with game making programs often turn out bad (my personal opinion) and that's why rom hacks are preferred to them.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

What are all of the berry ids in Pokemon Ruby in Advanced Map? Also, how do I make a person event with the "Plant-id" value box?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've a question: how can i change the rivals name in my hack? I want when i use \h06 in my script the new name appear instead of old.

I do this with thingy, and it works. The problem is i can't change the numer of letters of names...since i'm using Ruby, the female name is only 3 letters long!

thanks a lot

\h06? That's wrong it should be \v\h06... Instead of using that you should just input the name that you want. So instead of \v\h06 you can just put Gary in the script so it will look like a new name for the Rival.

I'm hacking Ruby. The name of rival change depending of gender of player...if i play with a boy, the rival name is MAY, otherwise is BRENDAN. Any one have another idea?

After, another important question: i'm using PKSV for scripting. How can i insert special char like * or arrows (arrows are useful in signpost for example)

Thanks a lot :)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

How do you activate the National Pokedex in Pokemon Ruby version?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited:

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
imageoffailure.png

I keep getting this "Run-time error '9': File not found" as soon as I open the XSE eXtreme Script Extender. The version is 1.1.1 and as you can see, I can type a few words into the box before this pops up and forces me to close the program. PLEASE HELP.

I tried installing other versions of XSE. No go. Please provide me with your working versions anyway if possible.

I tried downloading the "Standard VB6 Runtime Files" suggested. No go. Provide me with your version anyway.

I googled it. No go. Many people say the best course of action is to clean my registry, and then provide me with misleading programs that cost money (example: SpeedyPC Software.)

I seriously need help... reply as soon as possible.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
imageoffailure.png

I keep getting this "Run-time error '9': File not found" as soon as I open the XSE eXtreme Script Extender. The version is 1.1.1 and as you can see, I can type a few words into the box before this pops up and forces me to close the program. PLEASE HELP.

I tried installing other versions of XSE. No go. Please provide me with your working versions anyway if possible.

I tried downloading the "Standard VB6 Runtime Files" suggested. No go. Provide me with your version anyway.

I googled it. No go. Many people say the best course of action is to clean my registry, and then provide me with misleading programs that cost money (example: SpeedyPC Software.)

I seriously need help... reply as soon as possible.

You should read some previous posts before posting things like this... (Cuz I literally just answered this question TWICE)

All you need to do is go into your XSE folder and open "setting.ini". From there, scroll down until you find the line that says "AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1". Change that number to 0.

AllyJacqui

The one and only -
Years
Whenever I have People Events in Pallet town, they never go where they're meant to and on occasion they end up glitching in the wall. Any fix for this?

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Whenever I have People Events in Pallet town, they never go where they're meant to and on occasion they end up glitching in the wall. Any fix for this?

Do you have your movement permissions correct? If your movement permissions arn't set yet, the NPC's will be able to walk into the walls of the map (If the walls of the map are set to C).

AllyJacqui

The one and only -
Years
Do you have your movement permissions correct? If your movement permissions arn't set yet, the NPC's will be able to walk into the walls of the map (If the walls of the map are set to C).

Yep, they're set. That's always one of the first things I do on a map (Well, besides making the actual map ahaha) The ones I'm having problems with are the ones set to not being able to move around atm.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Yep, they're set. That's always one of the first things I do on a map (Well, besides making the actual map ahaha) The ones I'm having problems with are the ones set to not being able to move around atm.

By any chance are the person event numbers higher than 10? If it is you must always do everything in hex.

For example if you have person event no. 10 with you, Then make it 0xA instead of 0x10 cause 0x10 is equal to person event no.16.

Remember this is how hex goes.

10 = A
11 = B
12 = C
13 = D
14 = E
15 = F
16 = 10
17 = 11
18 = 12

You can also convert decimal to hex in XSE.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Okay, I don't really know if this a simple question, but it's something I've been wondering. I added Dialga and Palkia to my hack and I would also like to add in their main moves; Roar of Time and Spacial Rend. I have two dysfunctional moves, Bullet Seed and Leech Seed, due to the seed sprite being corrupted. So, I was hoping to replace those two attacks with Dialga's and Palkia's attacks. I know how to do all of the text editing and such, but I need help adding the animations. I want to re-point the attack animations to those that go with Hyper Voice and Psychic. Any ideas? This is for Pokemon Ruby by the way.

TheZerox9

That's Right
Years
Help?

I have the same error as others with the "Subscript out of range" thing, but my settings.ini does not have what everyone says to change (AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1) All it says is this:
[MRUList]
1=stdpoke.rbh
2=stditems.rbh
3=stdattacks.rbh
4=std.rbh
[MRUPath]
1=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
2=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
3=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
4=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\

Can someone link me to the settings.ini file?

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have the same error as others with the "Subscript out of range" thing, but my settings.ini does not have what everyone says to change (AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1) All it says is this:
[MRUList]
1=stdpoke.rbh
2=stditems.rbh
3=stdattacks.rbh
4=std.rbh
[MRUPath]
1=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
2=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
3=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
4=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\

Can someone link me to the settings.ini file?

http://www.mediafire.com/?ipsw9kp4c3n4y6j

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
Years
What is with your Dynamic address? You should really stick to using 800000+ unless you know exactly what you are doing. Its going to try to force your script into places it really shouldn't be. Like earlier you said you were using Ruby, and in Ruby that address is full of information already. Which could be messing up your script while also messing up a lot of other things in the game.

Looping can also depend on how you are actually setting it up in advance map.

Well... The dynamic address (I guess) was the offset. :s And I'll try and see if I can put an offset of 8000000 or whatever and see if that works and if it doesn't then I have no clue what to do. x-x; It sucks 'cause this is a very small thing in the game that seems like it could be fixed easily and I NEED it to be fixed so I can progress to the next area. I only really need to move events around for my edit mainly because I'm doing this for my fiance's twin brother.

EDIT: THANK GOD I FINALLY FIXED IT! 8D Thank you so much guys for everything!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back