• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possible leak on 2chan/reddit of starter evos

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Each starter is weak to the other sounds good.

Grass-Dark
Fire-Psychic
Water-Fighting

The only thing that would make this better (even if it is repetitive) is to have two rivals again!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

Grass-Dark
Fire-Psychic
Water-Fighting

The only thing that would make this better (even if it is repetitive) is to have two rivals again!
As strange as it sounds, evolved starters shouldn't battle each other in these games. Most experienced Trainers will have one of each type of move that the other starters are weak to (for instance, Fennekin's would have a Psychic move for Froakie's and a Fire move for Chespin's), and it thus becomes a battle of speed more than anything else. Thus, said experienced Trainers will bring others to the gunfight and use them instead. The Starters will be more useful where they are battling something without the moves that can topple them.

I fully expect two rivals, on that note.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
As strange as it sounds, evolved starters shouldn't battle each other in these games. Most experienced Trainers will have one of each type of move that the other starters are weak to (for instance, Fennekin's would have a Psychic move for Froakie's and a Fire move for Chespin's), and it thus becomes a battle of speed more than anything else. Thus, said experienced Trainers will bring others to the gunfight and use them instead. The Starters will be more useful where they are battling something without the moves that can topple them.

I fully expect two rivals, on that note.

Cyclone

More rival battles perhaps?

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
With your statement, I was thinking of a triple threat battle o_o It may be a battle of speed, but defenses may still be in place. They may surprisingly have the same base speed, too.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
More rival battles perhaps?
There will be at least three with each, I daresay, during the storyline. With eight Gyms, in fact, they could get away with four. However, that would be TOO frequent; they'd be better off spacing three into the storyline in places. That way we get to see each starter in each of its three forms, and post-E4 we can have the uber-duper battle with Lv.65 Pokémon or somethink.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013

Grass-Dark
Fire-Psychic
Water-Fighting

I always prefer dual typed starters and pokemon in general. I like covering as many types as possible on my teams.

razzbat

dancer
Years
There will be at least three with each, I daresay, during the storyline. With eight Gyms, in fact, they could get away with four. However, that would be TOO frequent; they'd be better off spacing three into the storyline in places. That way we get to see each starter in each of its three forms, and post-E4 we can have the uber-duper battle with Lv.65 Pokémon or somethink.

Cyclone
yeah that does sound good, 2 rivals you battle 3 times before the elite 4, it gets annoying when you have to battle rivals too frequently.
but man, the types do sound too good to be true. grass/dark and fire/psychic? freaking awesome. I can't imagine that they would be announcing the whole starter's evolution line so early though. I mean with bw the final form of the starters weren't shown until the game was released.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
yeah that does sound good, 2 rivals you battle 3 times before the elite 4, it gets annoying when you have to battle rivals too frequently.
but man, the types do sound too good to be true. grass/dark and fire/psychic? freaking awesome. I can't imagine that they would be announcing the whole starter's evolution line so early though. I mean with bw the final form of the starters weren't shown until the game was released.

Maybe giving us more information straight up would increase the amount of hype generated, thus giving them more sales?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I hope Chespear looks better and has a better movepool than Shiftry because Grass/Dark is a pretty cool typing. Lots of weaknesses, lots of resistances.

Also this suddenly became relevant. It's Water/Fighting time.

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't really believe it. A lot of this stuff used to circulate in B/W and only a quarter of it was true, not saying that this can't be correct but I honestly think it's too early for any of this (given that it's meant to be revealed this week...?) I mean, the starter evolutions in Generation 5 were only revealed about about a month or even less before the games came out. I know GF can break patterns and such, but really, there's 10 months to go, they've got to space themselves out a bit really.

But yeah I wouldn't mind if it was true, I just somewhat doubt it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
The names seem pretty legit, s bit dissapointed by the regions name, although i dont know if thats the international or japanese only name

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The names do seem pretty real...

I like the name Froabanet, it rolls off the tongue.

I suppose it's possible that game freak might be attempting to do something like what they do with super smash bros (with the dojo) and keep giving us tidbits of info.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
If this is real, I'd be pretty happy and might change my mind about who I'll pick. I've always wanted a Grass/Dark starter and Chespin's evolutions names sound the best. Plus Fire/Psychic seems like the best typing for Flannec and Fernox . Anything that's not Fire/Fightning is fine by me though. lol. So hopefully this is right cause I want another Grass/Dark type besides Shiftry.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The starts look fine; it's the legendary pokemon's names that look... weird to me; I mean, Private railway steel / Dereyn? Is that like... a pokemon that resembles trains? Runaseki rock / Lunyrite, and Sikasso flame / Stapyre... Lunyrite and Stapyre sounded related to me at first, but.... idk. Eh, I'm not sure if I would call this real; it's possible, but, iiiit just sounds a little off.xD

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I don't really believe it, I never really buy into those things. But if true, i'd be cool with it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I'm gonna chime in and say that this is probably fake. And I want it to be fake. I'd rather not have a subtype trio at all. Plus, if they're going to make Froakie's evos Water/Fighting, then why not just make Poliwag the water starter.

Back