• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Having trouble with music again, I've created my own Custom Leaders and when battling them it plays the Leader theme no problem but when I try and create rematches for the exsisting Leaders in FR so Brock, Misty, Sabrina etc it just plays the normal trainer tune. I don't know whether I've altered something with the settings but it's like this Music: 1 Unknown: 1 (That's the same for the Custom Leaders) then the Trainer Class is Leader and the Money Rate is 10 but for others it's 25, I don't know what's going wrong really.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Quick question! Where can you change the suggested names for the player and the rival?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Ah, but how would I do this exactly? I already have NSE, I just didn't see a way to change the sprites around.
If you have NSE you have to go in and change the sprites by loading them in from photoshop or by changing each one pixel by pixel. Sorry I'm not good at explaining this.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
It might have been answered before, but I can't check 900 pages or so to check so easily.

What is the offset for the beginning script (Oak presentation, where you name yourself and the rival) in Fire Red (BPRE01)
I know the text offsets (it starts @ 0x1C5C78), but not where the script that calls this text starts. Anyone?

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2017
If you have NSE you have to go in and change the sprites by loading them in from photoshop or by changing each one pixel by pixel. Sorry I'm not good at explaining this.
Alright, thanks a bunch.

Does anybody know the tileset for caves in Advance Map? I go to make a new map and have to choose two tilesets, and I'm making a new cave.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I'm trying to get rid of the section at the beginning of the game that tells you that you're going on a journey and I'm also planning on getting rid of some places in my pokedex because I only want 150 places. Can someone help with this?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have another question. How would I go about inserting new music into Pokemon trainer battles? While the player is battling someone, I want custom music to be playing. Help please?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
It might have been answered before, but I can't check 900 pages or so to check so easily.

What is the offset for the beginning script (Oak presentation, where you name yourself and the rival) in Fire Red (BPRE01)
I know the text offsets (it starts @ 0x1C5C78), but not where the script that calls this text starts. Anyone?

It isn't a script, it's ASM. You can only edit the text, with A-text or a hex editor. To edit the actual routine, you'll need ASM knowledge.

Okay, Guys is it possible to change what the player character looks like halfway through the game?

JPANs hack engine has a function to change the player's OW sprite. Of course, an ASM routine can be called also, but I don't know how it's structured.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Guys, I have a question. What would happen if I created a psychic/dark pokémon for a hack?

I mean what weaknesses would it have and what strenghts? Is there anyway to sort it out?

Cause right now there is no pokémon with such typing.. Help please :)

Thanks

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Guys, I have a question. What would happen if I created a psychic/dark pokémon for a hack?

I mean what weaknesses would it have and what strenghts? Is there anyway to sort it out?

Cause right now there is no pokémon with such typing.. Help please :)

Thanks

I believe the only weaknesses it would have is a 4x weakness to Bug. Neutral to everything else :)

Edit: Psychic moves have no effect as well.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I believe the only weaknesses it would have is a 4x weakness to Bug. Neutral to everything else :)

Edit: Psychic moves have no effect as well.

Thanks alot :D

I wonder, for a pokémon with the following moveset:

. Psychic
. Hypnosis
. DreamEater
. CalmMind

Would it be better if he was Dark/ghost (no weaknesses) or Psychic/dark (weakness to bug - 4x) ?

At the second, he'd have that new weakness and less resistances, but would get STAB on psychic and dream eater..

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Does anyone know how many trainers A-Trainer can make?
Also, the last time I scanned my comp for viruses, it deleted my A-trainer and now when I try and download another one, it deletes it automatically because it says it has a virus. Anyone know how I can fix this?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Does anyone know how many trainers A-Trainer can make?
Also, the last time I scanned my comp for viruses, it deleted my A-trainer and now when I try and download another one, it deletes it automatically because it says it has a virus. Anyone know how I can fix this?

A-trainer can edit 742 trainers, I suggest deactivating your Antivirus while Downloading A-trainer, Here's the download link you might be using another link :) http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
How do you change the battle music for a single trainer into (for example) the gym leader battle music?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
How do you change the battle music for a single trainer into (for example) the gym leader battle music?
There are two ways that I know of:
The first would be to turn the trainer's Trainer Type into "Gym Leader" (or just "Leader", I don't remember which).
The second way is to replace the Trainer theme with the Gym Leader theme, but that make every regular trainer have the Gym Leader Theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back