• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Whitney VS Jasmine

Whitney VS Jasmine

• Whitney and Miltank

Votes: 61 70.1%
  • Jasmine and Steelix

Votes: 26 29.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
[SIZE="a"]Whitney is tough, but Jasmine's Steelix is really highly leveled. Even though I usually pick Cyndaquil Jasmine is a much harder battle because her Steelix knows Rock Throw.[/SIZE]

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This is...random. lol I always have a Fire type, so Jasmine has never been that hard for me. But I don't always have trouble with Whitney either. I'll just go ahead and say Whitney I guess. I like Jasmine better though because she makes the - clang! - Steel type sound awesome.

Whispeon

Newfound Ghosttype Eeveelution
Years
This is...random. lol I always have a Fire type, so Jasmine has never been that hard for me. But I don't always have trouble with Whitney either. I'll just go ahead and say Whitney I guess. I like Jasmine better though because she makes the - clang! - Steel type sound awesome.

Seems random, but they seem to be the two hardest. I was kinda curious :3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'd have to say Jasmine as well, mainly because of that damn Steelix. To defeat Whitney, I always just traded a Drowzee for a Machop in one of the houses in Goldenrod, meaning the battle was always very simple.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Whitney was easily the greater challenge for me on both Silver and Soul Silver at the time, only when I spammed Growl and Tail Whip did I stand a chance of beating that Miltank with my Onix after sacrificing my Noctowl and Furret. Jasmine was notable though but I had Typhlosion to deal with her thankfully.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
They were both tough opponents, but I have to go with Whitney and her darn Miltank and Rollout! I mean, Jasmine and her Steelix were a challenge, but yeah. I always chose Cyndaquil (apart from Crystal where I chose Chikorita, but I'm not up to Whitney yet) so Jasmine wasn't too much of a problem.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'd have to say Whitney and her Miltank were more difficult because of her abusing Milk Drink and Stomp flinch hax. Jasmine's Magnemite are often annoying to deal with as well with STAB Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave, I normally have a Water type by then, so Steelix is easier.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Whitney's Miltank all the way, sweeties. However for me, I think it was just bad luck. She used Attract and Rollout, and the infactuation ALWAYS kicked in, and Rollout ALWAYS hits, and you know what happens continuously connects. -.-

I lost to a little girl with pink hair using a pink cow, thus making her my favorite gym leader! XD

Years
With Whitney, you could only get like one fighting Pokemon to easily trump Miltank. With Jasmine, you could have Water, Fire, Ground, or by then a larger pool of fighting Pokemon to choose from. So I always thought Jasmine was easier.

Guest123_x1

I'd say Whitney was harder than Jasmine, especially with her Miltank and its frequent use of Attract and Rollout. Then again, Jasmine is pretty close, with her Steelix.
I lost to a little girl with pink hair using a pink cow, thus making her my favorite gym leader! XD
Figures a big time Whitney fanboy like you would say something like that! (jk, jk!)

Mentalii

Back
Years
Whitney and her Miltank. I had to start again many times before beating her, while Jasmine never gave me any trouble, really. I even think she was one of the easiest gym leader.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Hmmm... unless I have Geodude, I always have trouble with Miltank, and unless I have Ampharos (with Fire Punch) or Feraligatr I always have trouble with Steelix. I'd say Steelix is a smidge more difficult, if only because fire types get hit hard by Steelix' Rock Throw and Ground types get annihilated by Iron Tail, whereas Miltank's main strategy can be stopped more easily by just using Smokescreen or Thunder Wave.

Anyway, we all know that generally, Clair's Kingdra is the hardest Gym Leader.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
It's always Miltank that gets me whenever I replay my Gold version. Even if I don't start with Cyndaquil, I'll usually have a Fire-type (preferably Arcanine) by the time I fight Jasmine. With Whitney, though, it is always a daunting task fighting against her.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Whitney almost never gave me trouble, except when she spammed Milk Drink. Other than that, she wasn't too bad, I guess. The same goes for Jasmine, because I always packed Cyndaquil or Totodile, and they both have type advantages, so she wasn't that bad either. But I voted for Jasmine because I like her better, and her Steelix can actually do damage on me, while Whitney was more of a pain to battle because of how durable that Miltank is.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
WHITNEY is easy as pie, I mean, get a well trained GEODUDE, and she's done like dinner.

JASMINE is easy as long as your have a decent fire type to melt her metal. Or heavy-duty Ground-type. Water works too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back