• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You just KOed a shiny. What's your reaction?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ever had that rare moment in any of your Pokemon Games, where a shiny Pokemon pops up? You get all excited about catching it then some how a critical hit comes in and kills it? Or maybe if it's something like a Voltorb or Graveler, self destructs killing your chances.

I remember encountering a Shiny Graveler and totally freaking out. Just when I thought I was about to catch it, it self-destructed >:|. After that I threw my DS at the wall, that was a bad idea :P.

Anyway, what was or would be your reaction if this happened?
Would you rage, scream or just get over it and forget about it completely?

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I've never killed a Shiny myself (except for the Red Gyarados in GSC but I don't think that matters) but I think I would immediately turn off the game xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
That has never happened to me, but if it did I would probably swear and then put my game down for a good 5 minutes and think about what just happened.

Pinta77

I ko'ed a shiny lickitung in crystal. That was the first shiny pokemon I'd ever seen, so i didnt know it was special until i found a pink one...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I once ko'd a shiny rhydon after I ran out of poke balls. At least I got to see one though. :p

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
mzi.esztuhqc.png

And then I'd stop playing for about a week.

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
Ever had that rare moment in any of your Pokemon Games, where a shiny Pokemon pops up? You get all excited about catching it then some how a critical hit comes in and kills it? Or maybe if it's something like a Voltorb or Graveler, self destructs killing your chances.

I remember encountering a Shiny Graveler and totally freaking out. Just when I thought I was about to catch it, it self-destructed >:|. After that I threw my DS at the wall, that was a bad idea :P.

Anyway, what was or would be your reaction if this happened?
Would you rage, scream or just get over it and forget about it completely?

Don't worry, I totally understand. Something like that happened when I was little. I encountered a shiny Ryhorn on Victory Road in Pokémon Gold. I made my Feraligatr use Surf on it, and it fainted. I wasn't the brightest 7-year old.

I also encountered a shiny Wingull once at the start of Pokémon Sapphire, before I fought Landon. So I couldn't catch Pokémon yet. I had to defeat it, and I cried myself to sleep afterwards.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
reload save state.

if not probably throw ds into the air then try to punch it mid air

Years
"....

ARGH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" *whining*

My reaction when I 1-HKO'd my second shiny, a Pandir.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I never KOed a shiny, but by chance, I once ran across a shiny Poochyena in Emerald. I was very very happy. Then it used Roar.
What you feel at this very moment is... Indefinable. You want to throw your console with all your might against the closest wall. And shout. And jump out the window. But, I was personnally too shocked, too surprised to do anything like this. It was a disillusion. I just didn't move for a while, waiting this absolute disgust to go... And then I continue to train my Pokémon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Depends on whether it's a species I care about. If it is, cue screaming, pulling out of hair, and throwing my DS across the room. Especially if a dreaded critical hit was to blame.

But if it's something I don't care for, I'll just shrug it off and move on. I've got enough shinies, and they're mostly collecting dust because their natures aren't conducive to battling.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Well, I was pretty angry that I couldn't catch a Shellder on Silver when my PC box was full, so I just got really angry and shut off my Gameboy. Didn't play it for a while after that, silly young Lapras.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
It's never happened to me, but this face would likely sum up how I'd feel:

fffffuuuuu.jpg

(Of course, once I get my sucky Windows emulator working on here again I could always use PokeGen + Pokecheck to get me a shiny of the one I accidentally KOed :B)

Back