• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Morality Game™ (CHATROOM)

HearttheWolf

Likes the Rule Book
Years
Yeah, I know, it's just that no one was posting here for a while so I was wondering if that was still the case.. It would just suck if the thread went dead before we actually started

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Another gripping RP, Kiyoshi! Happy to see a familiar face after being absent from PC for so long!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

NAME: Anwen Jones
CLAIMED OCCUPATIONS: Part-time supermarket clerk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

IDENTIFICATION:
5'4'', 110 lbs approx. Consistently untidy reddish-brown hair, cut off at the jawline. Hazel eyes. Thin, angular eyebrows. Sharp and well-defined facial features. Pale skin, which freckles under prolonged UV. Not particularly strong, but maintains a toned physique.

Takes very little interest in appearance. Dresses for practicality and comfort rather than for fashion. Relatively ordinary-looking; could be considered attractive, but not outstanding. No physical ailments or abnormalities to report.

Image not found

BADGE SYMBOL:
The subject would like to express that picking a symbol seems "idiotic" and "childish", and would like the record to show that if she had it her way, she "wouldn't have bothered at all, thanks".

Upon being told that completion of all fields is necessary for application, the subject responded with the following:

See attached image: 1

PERSONALITY:
Strong-willed, with very specific boundaries of what gives a person worth. A firm believer in the "every man for himself" mantra, but will adhere to alliances in order to get ahead. Honest and forthcoming with opinions and beliefs, unaccepting of any which differ from her own. Some would call her a natural-born leader, but most would argue that even the most ruthless of leaders have some inter-personal skills. Argumentative for argument's sake, very proud and often unwilling to accept help or advice. Harbours an uncontrollable condescension towards those who are foolishly kind. Intolerant of those who invest too much effort into their personal appearance.

Intelligent, but not exceptional. Not much of a forward-thinker, but opportunistic. Good fortune will lead to rash and complacent behaviour. Considered either very quick to anger, or perhaps always angry. Determined, to the point of stubbornness – a quality the subject prides herself on. Untrusting, with a strong defensive guard. Has not been known to befriend or trust colleagues and peers in the past, but this may be subject to change. Fears humiliation and most water-dwelling creatures.

Fairly physically fit, with good stamina. Reportedly good in a fight, with an eye for weakness and insecurities in others.

PROVIDED HISTORY:
Born on 14 October in Pontypridd, Wales. South-Welsh accent. Eldest child of Carole Morgan and 3rd (youngest) child of Grant Jones. Two elder paternal half-brothers, three younger maternal half-sisters. Parents divorced after short-lived marriage, when subject was 2 years of age. Mother proceeded to re-marry and have children (ages at time of application: 11, 8, and 4). Working class household. Subject refers to upbringing as "normal".

Intelligent student, no in-school behavioural problems to date. Achieved and maintained high grades throughout education. Excelled particularly in science-based subjects, but was careful not to attract too much attention. Showed athletic promise, but did not attend extra-curricular activities. Had a small number of friends during school, perhaps out of convenience rather than affection. The subject reported no instances of bullying, as neither victim nor instigator [the investigating party would like the record to show that this is only what the subject reported, and should not be held as absolute]. The subject claims to not remember many details of childhood and school life [this statement is up for jurisdiction by the assessing party].

The health records show the subject was under psychiatrist speculation intermittently between the ages of 15 and 17, entitled "sociopathic concern". The subject refused to comment, other than to assure the investigating party that this is "nothing".

The subject showed interest in applying for a university course in Medical Genetics, but household funding and family commitments prevented her attendance. A part time job in a local supermarket and babysitting duties at home followed. Claiming inexplicable boredom and a desperate need for the unfamiliar, the subject applied to The Morality Game, with the accompanying comment, "What have I got to lose?"

TASTE IN POKEMON: Particularly keen on Pokemon sizeable enough to ride on; quadrupeds or bird/dragon-shaped Pokemon. No specific type in mind, but fire, electric and psychic moves are preferable. Nothing that is popular purely because of its looks, nor anything too "cute".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

STATISTIC SPREAD
HP: 5
Attack: 4
Defense: 7
Sp. Attk: 8
Sp. Def: 7
Speed: 7
Nature: 2

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Transferring ARCARAY's application data .... Complete.

[DR_LUCHY]> "Bill, I just got Ms. Jones' application from the analyists. She seems like a perfectly fine canidate. I'm accepting her."
[BOMB1919]> "Just make sure she doesn't interact with any of the other subjects until the experiment. We don't need any more provoked emotional breakdowns."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STICKIED NOTICE from user [DR_LUCHY]!

"I'd like to thank Mr. Agerholm for this new "sticky" feature. Any noticeshim or I posts in the chatroom that are "stickied" are should be noted as important to the experiment. In any case, onto the content of this notice.

Welcome, subjects! We are finally up to the minimum amount of accepted participants to get the ball rolling here. Soon you will find a notice on the main information page about your very first scenario within the Barriers System. Can't wait to see you there! The first test will be rather basic considering that this is our first real run with real human subjects, so we will be warming up the system with basic settings and characters. But get creative, and have fun!"​

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

[ARCARAY]> "This may sound really stupid, but do you know when we post? Is the log in the style of like a score of our actions, or is it like a first-person novel thing?"
[BOMB1919]> "The logs are collected and sorted out by the analysts, and many of them prefer to do different things when organizing them. The Higher Ups don't really mind as to what they do, so long as it's comprehensible."
[BOMB1919]> "The logs can come in any time once the analysts are done with them, and they usually come to us in the form of third-person experiences like a novel, as that's the basic form they arrive to the analysts in. It's really interesting how the Game Boy Color device does it."
[BOMB1919]> "But yes, those are stupid questions and you should feel bad about yourself."

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Oh boy, this looks sweeeet :D

Definitely interested. Don't know if I could use my Turnip character, since I enjoy writing him so much, but he's fairly versatile in where he can turn up. I guess there's a reason why SUs can be accepted or declined anyhow, so - anyway, I'll be working on an SU and it'll hopefully be up by the end of today ^^

Done! :)

Spoiler:

Let me know if there are any issues or anything, seems like this could be a really nice RP to take part in.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

Transferring TRUE EPICNESS' application data .... Complete.

[DR_LUCHY]> "Bill, I just got that.... turnip guy's application. Did you want me to....?"
[BOMB1919]> "What? Accept him? Yes please!"
[DR_LUCHY]> "But he doesn't seem all that right for the job considering the amnesia and the permanent helmet- and we're not going to get very far if all our other subjects keep screaming when he's around."
[BOMB1919]> "Builds character. Accept him. I spent way too much time incorporating that helmet-changing technology into the Mainframe for it to go to waste. Just make sure his helmet gets treated for the system."
[DR_LUCHY]> "Sigh.... fine. Accepted."
[DR_LUCHY]> "Dr. Hidcnawsamai didn't make a note for this guy in the first scenario, so I'll just program one in for him."
[DR_LUCHY]> "And.... done."

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'm just a little confused... we're meant to use one post to do the task, yeah? And if we want to interact, we gotta organise that ourselves with a joint post?

Years
Are applications still open for this?
Ahh never mind, saw in the other post that they are. Editing an application in.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

[SKYMIN]> "I'm just a little confused... we're meant to use one post to do the task, yeah? And if we interact, our post combines with the other person's into a joint post?"
[BOMB1919]> "Exactly. It seems that there just was an pre-mature entry glitch in Cashmere's Game Boy Color device that I've gone over with the analysts in charge of organizing her entries, if that's what confused you."

Years
Actually got a question before I post this app since depending on the answer I'd need to change some stuff. Does the universe of this rp (As in outside of the scenarios) have pokemon as within them, or do they only exist as games like they do in our world.

The main info post seemed to hint that they do exist, but the other apps seem as though they don't and if there's a clear answer in there I missed it.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
[BOMB1919]> "Exactly. It seems that there just was an pre-mature entry glitch in Cashmere's Game Boy Color device that I've gone over with the analysts in charge of organizing her entries, if that's what confused you."

Right, so... we should all get going on the preliminary log posts, and wait until later for the mission one. Cashmere excused because of an entry glitch, but apart from that, we're all heading for the common room?

Also, should I just plagiarise all of the background, text and font stuff to make my posts look similar? I guess this probably applies most to @PJBottomz because that's probably where I'd be copying from, (I'm not great at the fancy post stuff because I'm severely lazy) but yeah - just so long as that's alright with you. Then I'll get working on my post :)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The entry glitch was secretly because I had no idea that I was supposed to put them on the same post lol. As for the CSS, I literally just c/p'd Kyoshi's and edited it to fit a character instead of a mission page, so I'm sure it's free for grabs if s/he hasn't yelled at me. As someone with OCD, I'd love it if everyone used similar CSS because this RP has a theme and it would be fantastic if everyone did, but I'm not saying everyone has to.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

[GUEST]> "Does the universe of this experiment have pokemon within them, or do they only exist as games like they do in our world?"
[BOMB1919]> "....As said before, this is Earth. There's America and China.... Pokemon exist and have ecosystems of their own- okay, seriously Luch, I'm getting really skeeved out by the amount of extraterrestrials interested in our program."

[TRUE EPICNESS]> "Are our posts also going to be in the style of the main page/this chatroom?"
[BOMB1919]> "They certainly can be. It all really depends on the tastes of the analyst that sends them in. One of them, Janet, really liked coding them with hot pink text and attaching pictures of kittens to them."
[DR_LUCHY]> "Granted, Janet didn't last very long. But they can go nuts as far as we care."

Last edited:
Years
*bing* ^^

+ CURRENTLY LOGGED ON +

[MARCOPOLO]
NAME: Marcus Stiller (Marc)
BADGE SYMBOL: A celtic knot
CLAIMED OCCUPATION(S): Part-Time Pokemon Daycare Attendant/Student (14-17), Supermarket Assistant (17-19), Unemployed/Traveller (19 - current)

IDENTIFICATION: Is of a fairly tall (6ft 1in) and thin build; very little body fat and only just average muscular definition. Hair is black and hangs down with little lift, reaching to top of the neck at the back but cut shorter with a vague pattern of spikes at the front. Faded remnants of light blue streaks that have not been renewed in some time are present. Eyes are dark green with light brown flecks. Upper right canine tooth is missing and replaced with a slightly off-colour porcelain emplacement.

Face is thin and slightly gaunt. Left side of lip and both ears bear holes and marks from now removed piercings, one small stud is still present above right eyebrow. An extremely slowly growing stubble length "beard" is usually present. Both hands bear small light scars consistent with several years handling young pokemon. Right arm and sections of right hand and right side of torso bear faded burn scars.

Wears a ring with a similar pattern to that provided for badge on right hand. Favours dark clothes; expressed approval of clothes provided for testing purposes.

PERSONALITY:
Has a deep, baritone voice that doesn't quite fit with his appearance. Tends to be rather casual and non-committal about most things; dislikes responsibility. Gets easily bored when forced to do things that do not conform with his interests. Very rarely seen without a slouch and his hands in his pockets. Fiddles with his ring as a tick brought about by nervousness or boredom.

Rather dark and sarcastic sense of humour. In spare time enjoys reading and browsing the internet or interacting with pokemon if he can find any. Slightly above average intelligence but poor knowledge of anything not involving pokemon.

Tends to be act disinterested around other humans, though does usually hang around them; he is actually shy and socially unsure and uses the indifference as a mask. Can be somewhat clingy when he does form a solid relationship with other humans. Has a somewhat explosive temper and is much more vocal when angry. Has a strong sense of morals and becomes angry quickly at injustice. Prefers the company of pokemon and is much more comfortable around them.

PROVIDED HISTORY:
Was born mid-december in a small town located in the English Midlands. Spent a lot of time interacting with pokemon on a local farm until his family moved up to the city of Leeds when he was 13. He was extremely bitter about this move and did not enjoy city life at all, much preferring the countryside and the pokemon that he used to play with out there.

Adjusted poorly in school, partly out of poor attention span and partly because of resentment over the move. Didn't have much luck making friends and had average grades in first year. These deteriorated during second year when he got a part time job at a local pokemon daycare. Marcus was much happier during this period as he was getting to interact with pokemon again and his changed outlook started to get him some friends, especially among other pokemon fans in the school. However his grades suffered as working with pokemon was always higher on his priorities than doing homework or revising for a test.

Left school at the age of 17 with very poor grades, did not acquire grades needed to continue onto A Levels and was distasteful at the idea of further education at college. Was forced to give up his job at the daycare centre to get a marginally better one at a local supermarket. Between the drudgery of his new job and again limited interaction with pokemon his mood again spiralled down into depression, though some friends from school remained.

At the age of 19 he abruptly quit his job, gathered together money he had been saving for quite some time and left home. For a while he travelled around the country, staying in what cheap housing he could find and volunteering at local RSPCP centres and other outlets that had him doing work outside or with pokemon. Money quickly began to run out and so he accepted the Morality Games placement to earn some money.

TASTES IN POKEMON: Extremely fond of pokemon that walk on four legs and are visually similar to canines or felines. Also fond of pokemon with darker colours. Favourite pokemon are Absol, Glaceon and Typhlosion in that order.

STATISTIC SPREAD:
HP: 8
ATK: 3
DEF: 3
SP.ATK: 9
SP.DEF: 10
SPD: 4
NTR: 3

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

Transferring MANSKA's application data .... Complete.

[DR_LUCHY]> "Hey! I like this guy. We need more people who are really good with Pokemon. Consider yourself accepted, Mr. Stiller."
[BOMB1919]> "Seems well adjusted enough. Hate to see if he's like that backwater hillbilly guy we had in here that one time."
[DR_LUCHY]> "Bill, I thought we would never talk about that again that was the same week that I had my molecules arranged so I'd look like a Gogoat andI'mstillprettyemotionalaboutthesexualharassmentokay?!"
[BOMB1919]> "Woah. Luch. Sorry. Wh- what did he do to you?"
[DR_LUCHY]> "Well, for one he didn't call me again or spend the day with me like he said he would."

[BOMB1919]> "Ah, Luchy.... the logs for the first scenario are coming out. The Turnip guy called the Tynamo assigned to him a "fifth gen." What's is that."
[DR_LUCHY]> "I believe it's short for "fifth generation." I think it has to do with the Pokemon Games by Nintendo, their fifth series of game taking place in a place similar to America, with similar Pokemon. Like Tynamo."
[BOMB1919]> "He does realize Pokemon are real things in our world and don't just exist in games, right?"
[DR_LUCHY]> "He's probably not right in the head, Bill, give him a break. His name is a type of vegetable for goodness sake."

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years

[TURNIP]> "Hey guys, I resent that."
[TURNIP]> "It's totally true and all, but eh. Still better than being a Gogoat for a week."
[TURNIP]> "And yes, I know Pokémon exist, they're just in games where I originate from... at least, I think that's where I originate from... still, I've got a weird kind of mix of both game world and real world experience with the Pokemans."
[TURNIP]> "Wait, my name is a vegetable? Since when? I thought it was just a regular name like anyone else's!"

Back