• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I've got a tile problem.I download a rom base with kyledove tiles,it's fine but when I exit out of the house I see this:
jjjmdlwoznkb.png

then after I go to another map and back to the glitched house it's got no problems and looks good,what to do?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
in firered, is there a way to do the sprite animation of deoxys to another pokemon

if its the OW sprite, you just export it, go to your image you want changed, import it and changet the pallette...
but if you mean you deoxys moveswhen you send him out into battle, well that would be hard to change, because each movement is a different sprite, so the only way I would know would just recreate your sprite to have the same movements. An the spritees only really move if it's on emerald

But I have my own problem, I'm trying to get a pallette from visual boy advance, but when I open it with my rom and go to tools, the pallette isn't highlighted and I can't click on it. Do I have some setting unchecked or something?
any help is appreciated

I've got a tile problem.I download a rom base with kyledove tiles,it's fine but when I exit out of the house I see this:
jjjmdlwoznkb.png

then after I go to another map and back to the glitched house it's got no problems and looks good,what to do?
The only reason I would see this hapenning would be that the tileset you walked into is different that is regularly is, but that only happens with tile connections.

I'm not experienced with these sorta of things, but what I would do is make an IpS patch of your rom, patch it to another game and test it out, It might work:). But if it doesen't, try transferrring your maps, scripts, and everything to another rom. and btw, whrere do you get the rom base?

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
jjjmdlwoznkb.png

The door animation muck up the last tiles in a row. Go into the tileset and move all the house tiles up one tile, and fix the blocks.
It happened to me with my PKMN center.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm using various .png files I got online, mostly ones created for Hoenn and GBA-style Kanto and Johto maps; a lot of them came from this forum. As for what I'm trying to do with it, I'm just trying to create maps for the new region I created for a fanfic project I'm working on. All of the tile map editors I've tried using either have a tile limit so low, it's impossible for me to do anything with them, or they require the tilemaps to be of a ridiculous extension, like .xtv or something else I can't reproduce. And most of them end up crashing on me for no reason while I'm using them; I was trying to make a worldmap on Tile Mapper, for example, and it froze up when I tried saving my progress for a second time, forcing me to shut it down and lose everything, and for some reason, it refuses to load the map file I DID manage to save.

I'm not doing anything drastic with them, I'm just using them in the way they were intended. I dunno why they're crashing on me, except maybe that they hate being used on Vista. I'd like to try and solve the problem I'm having with File Mapper, since I really like how you can grid the tilesets yourself and resize them any way you wish, meaning I don't have to worry about missized tilemaps, but any workable tilemapper would be fine.

Edit: Looking back at Tile Mapper, it looks like I can export my maps as .png files, like I wanted, so all I really need is someone with experience with the program that can help me fix its tendency to crash and not upload any of the map files it creates.

Well, I apologize, but I have no idea how to help you out there. ;P I've just gotten started using tilemap editors, and NTME's the only one that I've used. :/

Yeah i know,i already loaded the raw.
Hmm maybe the tileset is too big?
Cause i already did this before,but with smaller sprites,such
as giratina,rayquaza,palkia,lucario etc.and the backgrounds too
withought srewing it up..

Did you load the raw in the correct place? Remember, you don't load the raw over the picture of the Charizard; you load it over the next image.

Also, I don't think the tileset can get too big, unless it's larger than the titlescreen itself, which doesn't make any sense at all. I'm pretty sure you're just loading the raw in the wrong spot.

in firered, is there a way to do the sprite animation of deoxys to another pokemon

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. And, as far as I know, there aren't any sprite animations of any Pokémon in FireRed.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Um. Just asking if someone can answer my question? it's two pages back.

If your having real problems just re-point the two offsets. Then delete the .spr and .pal extension files. It will be in a different location in unlz.gba.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hmm, I have a question about running A-Map. Is it possible to export a tileset as an image file (.bmp or .dib?) If so, how can you do it?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Hmm, I have a question about running A-Map. Is it possible to export a tileset as an image file (.bmp or .dib?) If so, how can you do it?

Easy:

Go to Block Editor, then the menu Picture - Save Tileset (1 or 2). Saves it as a picture. Change pallette with the dropdown menu near the centre of the Block Editor window.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010

This is reasonably easy. Open your ROM in A-map (I use 1.92), open up the map wiht the tilesets you want, or the ones you want to change, click the jigsaw peice, then you should see the tileset. then go Picture, then save tileset1. Then you can save it as a .dib

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
How do I edit Blocks in A-Map when I save them in .BVD Format...because in the Tileset I cannot see everything like Houses full Pokemon Center,etc

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I have three questions, relating to Ruby version...

1. In both players starting houses, whenever I put a brown dirt tile in a certain location, instead I get a different one... this happens for every ruby ROM I do, so I don't think that its the ROM.... I could be wrong though. Here's the picture:

Spoiler:

2. Is there a way to edit/remove the Pokeball animations/text that goes along with catching a Pokemon? My hack is going to use some sort of Pokeball-less taming to get Pokemon, and I need to remove them from the game. How would I go about this? Would I have to use uNLZ or something awfully difficult like ASM?

3. How exatcly do you work a hex editor? whenever I search for a word the game uses that I want to edit, say, Magma, I do not find it in the hex column or the ASCII coulmn. Do I need a new hex editor or am I missing something entirely? (BTW I'm using a program called HexEdit)

Thank you!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I have three questions, relating to Ruby version...

1. In both players starting houses, whenever I put a brown dirt tile in a certain location, instead I get a different one... this happens for every ruby ROM I do, so I don't think that its the ROM.... I could be wrong though. Here's the picture:

Spoiler:

Thank you!

Well, I dunno much about your other two questions, but I believe this has something to do with a level script. Remove all of the level scripts and see what happens. :3

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
3. How exatcly do you work a hex editor? whenever I search for a word the game uses that I want to edit, say, Magma, I do not find it in the hex column or the ASCII coulmn. Do I need a new hex editor or am I missing something entirely? (BTW I'm using a program called HexEdit)
You need a table file to see the correct letters. Try using the relative search option if your editor has one.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
2. Is there a way to edit/remove the Pokeball animations/text that goes along with catching a Pokemon? My hack is going to use some sort of Pokeball-less taming to get Pokemon, and I need to remove them from the game. How would I go about this? Would I have to use uNLZ or something awfully difficult like ASM?

unLZ won't help much at all... you might hide the balls, but the text would be still there. So you need something awfully difficult aka ASM.

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
A-map Overwriting

My post earlier kind of got buried, but I'd still like an answer. I can't go on with my hack until this problem is resolved. Any help is appreciated.

Spoiler:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hmm...there isn't anyway to save the block data from a ROM as an image file, is there? (A-Map, of course)

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I have a somewhat major problem. In a map I have, there is a givepokemon event. If the event does not occur, I can enter/leave the house freely. When the event does occur though, (the flag has been "set") I can go to the lower level of the map, but not to the upper level, or other warp. When I try to leave via the upper level, the screen goes black. Is this a problem with my ROM, and am I going to have to start over, or is it a level script problem? The reason I say this is because I recently added a level scipt outside the map where the givepokemon event occurs. It is supposed to check a flag, flag 800, being the Pokemon flag, then hide a sprite if the flag has been set. I think this might be the culprit because flag 800 is set in the givepokemon map, and when I try to exit, the level script somehow cannot figure out how to hide a sprite if I have a Pokemon with me. Or maybe I messed up and need to read a level scripting tutorial. Could I have some help? I still want the sprite hidden, I just want to be able to come onto that map as well ^_^

Help is very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back