• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
You know I am surprised that BOTH the Contestshipping and Advanceshipping fandoms are still going.

Its been like 5 years since AG ended, May's been gone for ages (other than the Wallace Cup), and the two ships about her still have tons of new fanart, fanfiction, and AMVs posted almost every week.

This is why I never understood how people thought May was being forgotten. I thought it was always obvious that May had one of the biggest fan followings of all the female protagonists, likely because she was the first new main girl and she was the reason Contests became popular in the show in the first place.

Even though I did like Dawn too, I honestly don't think she ever did reach May's level of popularity, at least outside of Japan.

Last edited:

Seventh Sea

Plesiosaur Fanatic
Years
Aaaahhh, now here's the thread I've been looking for.

Well, It would appear as if general main character shippings and Ash's place in the romance world are the topic at present, so I may as well start off from there- a good place to start if you ask me.

While I do believe that Ash is too young, oblivious, and pokemon-minded to ever have an interest in someone, much less have a girlfriend (or boyfriend), there is one shipping that I don't mind so much. AshXLatias. We all know that it was Latias who kissed Ash at the end of the movie, and she seemed to have a genuine interest in him from the start. In addition to that, Ash doesn't seem to notice girls very much, but he is all over pokemon- the situation is perfect! Well, maybe by some extreme stretch of the imagination. So, in conclusion, I'm open to any Ash pairing, although I don't find any of them to be particularly realistic in a canon sense, and I would personally prefer to have him put with Latias.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
Personally, I prefer Sommeliershipping and CafeMochashipping. Cabernet is Gorgeous while Dento is Sexy, Handsome, and Charming. They would be a nice looking couple. Their rivalry really spices up the story. I can't help but absolutely adore Sommeliershipping.:pink_love: CafeMochashipping is also extremely kawaii. I must admit that it is my favorite out of the Yaoi shippings. If only these shippings were a bit more popular and pressed more. I'd really like to see more hints in the anime. x]

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Wow, what happened to this thread? I looked at the post dates and it's almost one post per month! xP

Anyway, I haven't watched Best Wishes for soooo long (okay I watched the Skyla episodes and that was it), so I don't know anything about the shipping anymore. Besides Negaishipping, Wishfulshipping, and whatever Ash/Cilan and Cilan/Cabernet's named.

I still ship Contestshipping and Wishfulshipping, though! Just a bit, though; I've been investing my time on video games and other anime I practically forgot about Pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014

Anyway, I haven't watched Best Wishes for soooo long (okay I watched the Skyla episodes and that was it), so I don't know anything about the shipping anymore. Besides Negaishipping, Wishfulshipping, and whatever Ash/Cilan and Cilan/Cabernet's named.

You haven't missed much. Best Wishes is still pretty dead on the shipping front. There's nothing as obvious as Poke, Contest, or one-sided Penguin with this series.

I think Negai, Wishful, and Sommeliershippers are all waiting from some kind of "breakthrough". Right now it's all "shippers goggles." Though maybe it's less so with Sommeliershipping, since rival ships seem to be what the writers go for with this series.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Cilan and Iris blushed at Cynthia, wooooooo.

Also backed up by game spoilers:

Spoiler:

Next post: 3 months time.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
...I can imagine all the yuri/yaoi couples between Touko/Mei, Touya/Kyouhei, Cheren/Hue, etcc...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Cilan and Iris blushed at Cynthia, wooooooo.

I laughed so hard at that. I was trying to think how the relationship between Cilan and Cynthia would work. It might be a little adorable now that I think about it.

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years

I laughed so hard at that. I was trying to think how the relationship between Cilan and Cynthia would work. It might be a little adorable now that I think about it.

I don't think it would work, to be honest XD I think Cilan is the type to want to be the dominant one in the relationship; no way is Cynthia gonna allow that :P

I think that he was just blushing because he found her outfit cute; he totally wanted that top even though cynthia what are you doing your hair clippies don't match anymore

Either that or Cynthia is so hot that it even breaks men of Cilan's nature, if you know what I mean XDDD

Uuuuugh, I was hoping that Cynthia returning to the anime would mean COMASHIPPING hints...you know, since she was such a big shipper and all. I thought even the slightest passing mention of Paul would have occurred, but alas, the anime writers hate me and deny me of any happiness /cries

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Either that or Cynthia is so hot that it even breaks men of Cilan's nature, if you know what I mean XDDD

Uuuuugh, I was hoping that Cynthia returning to the anime would mean COMASHIPPING hints...you know, since she was such a big shipper and all. I thought even the slightest passing mention of Paul would have occurred, but alas, the anime writers hate me and deny me of any happiness /cries

This.

I think the writers don't want us to think too deeply on the past as it doesn't quite exist according to Ash's current nature.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Well, their rivalry is resolved with them being friends (I still can never understand how they can ever be friends after all that, darn you anime writers), so Cynthia might feel that there was no need to mention him again? Idk that sounds really lame
Either that or the director that worshipped Paul is gone, so Cynthia isn't ever going to mention him or Comashipping.

I actually want it that way no matter what, if Cynthia even mentions anything about Paul I am so done with this anime xD

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
This.

I think the writers don't want us to think too deeply on the past as it doesn't quite exist according to Ash's current nature.

Okay, I would accept this...only they mentioned Brock (with a visual flashback nonetheless) not once...but TWICE within the new series. Both by Dawn (any Lightrockshippers out there? no? XDDD)

So even though Brock isn't really that relevant to Ash's current state right now (though he might as well have been his surrogate mother), he's still remembered.

I guess they don't want to remind us that back in the day, Ash had a boyfriend a rival who was actually strong, and he himself was competent as well (unlike in BW when he's making all these n00bie mistakes...)

SIGH. Sorry, I just really miss Paul XDDD

Well, their rivalry is resolved with them being friends (I still can never understand how they can ever be friends after all that, darn you anime writers), so Cynthia might feel that there was no need to mention him again? Idk that sounds really lame

I really like how their rivalry ended like that, but it's obvious that there was no clear answer who was the stronger trainer after that (because if you think about it, that referee was gonna call it quits for Infernape if it wasn't for the fact that PAUL STOPPED HIM...something that he wouldn't have done in the beginning of the series when he played completely fair by the referee's calls omg bless him and his character development ;_;).

So...I'd like to think that they aren't really close buddy-buddies, but if they ever meet again, they'll go back to their rivalry ways ^_^

Unless Paul calls him out for losing to a newbie's snivy...

lol

Either that or the director that worshipped Paul is gone, so Cynthia isn't ever going to mention him or Comashipping.

I actually want it that way no matter what, if Cynthia even mentions anything about Paul I am so done with this anime xD

LOL omg I think ALL the writers/directors worshiped him though because he turned out to be such a quality character??? X'D

I think that Cynthia keeps a journal full of Comashipping fanfiction and posts sketches up on deviantart. Maybe she'll hire Trip to shoot a photo-session with the one day XDDD ("Oh...it's for promotional league purposes...now put your arm around him like that, yes Shinji-kun >:D").

*flails around*

Last edited:

GovAsh

Quiet Trainer
Years
I'm only into CafeMochashipping no offense to wishfulshippers, i just think the thought of Iris and Clian is really weird no offense to anyone.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm only into CafeMochashipping no offense to wishfulshippers, i just think the thought of Iris and Clian is really weird no offense to anyone.
We have a Shipping sub forum for Shipping related discussion. So if you wish to discuss anything Shipping related take it there. And in the future before you post in a topic check the previous post date as this is considered topic revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back