• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
As far as I know, there aren't any clear shots of the female yet, but we have like..this.
tumblr_mgb1jliG2v1qlcbduo3_1280.png

tumblr_mgb1jliG2v1qlcbduo6_1280.png

I'm definitely playing as her, I don't know about you. I love the design this time around.

The male, though, looks kind of like BW's protagonist.

tumblr_mgb1jliG2v1qlcbduo5_1280.png

img_thumbnail_1.png

What do you think? Who are you going to play as? Love or hate the new designs?
I think I might still play as the male character, he doesn't look that much like Hilbert, it's just those colors, bleh. But I might do a playthrough with the female, she looks amazing. BTW, is it just me or do they seem like they're French? I swear the region looks like France to me xD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
The Female protagonist looks like the Female Ranger trainer in Pokemon Black/White.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
The female design looks pretty cool and she fits the whole France-based region. She looked older than the other protagonists(Touko looked 12 or 14, and May looked 12). And I did find a drawing of her that depicts their appearance that I found of Tumblr:

tumblr_mge0ykhfF71rjk0jco1_500.jpg

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So, can we be safe to assume like in BW, the protagonist looks much older than a 10 year old? At least, the sprites to me reflect that~

Ya I thought that immediately. They're going for the older thing like Unova has been doing.

The female design looks pretty cool and she fits the whole France-based region. She looked older than the other protagonists(Touko looked 12 or 14, and May looked 12). And I did find a drawing of her that depicts their appearance that I found of Tumblr:

I really hope that's what their proper character art looks like. I don't really like their sprites -that- much but if their character art was like that I'd be okay with it. :)

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
When I first saw the Male Protagonist for Black and White, I didn't like the way he looked, but then as I played more, I was like...this dude is pretty cool. So I think the male for Pokemon X & Y will grow on me as well.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Even though those are sunglasses and not goggles, they still make me think they were kidnapped from Digimon XD; (Then again, in Tamers Henry/Jenrya and Rika/Ruki had sunglasses...)

Regardless, I like both the designs; the male's more than the female's especially. And, since it looks like her hair can be either blonde or brown (like, it seems kinda dirty blonde-ish) I hope it's blonde since we've never had any blonde protags. before :C

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I liked Hilbert in B/W. I like the look of both protagonists, and like every game, I'll be playing as the boy. I hope that both protagonists meet each other, and that they are both friends. :)

Victini

Gosh the female protagonist is extremely lovely.
I love how simple and elegant she looks! I can already say she has my favorite design out of all of the female protagonists. <333

Though... I can't say much for the male. .^.; He looks too simple... and I can definitely say that he is at the bottom of my list when it comes to favorite male protagonists.
Sorta hoping they do some extra tweaks and stuff to him before they release the game... I really want to like him. ;^;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Actually idk, B/W's looked around 16, these two look even older... would 18 be too crazy? :x Still better than the 10 year olds of the past though imo.

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
Different Protagonist Classes

I was thinking, what if you could pick what trainer class you are at the beginning of the game, (Like Ace Trainer, Ranger, Bug Catcher, etc.)? Do you think that would be cool?
In my opinion, that'd be a cool addition.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
It'd be a pretty cool feature, but it won't happen because GameFreak wants you to be your own kind of trainer, and since you're usually involved in an important event during the game's play through, it'd be kind of weird to have the world saved by a bug catcher.

I wish it would though. That'd be fun.

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
It'd be a pretty cool feature, but it won't happen because GameFreak wants you to be your own kind of trainer, and since you're usually involved in an important event during the game's play through, it'd be kind of weird to have the world saved by a bug catcher.

I wish it would though. That'd be fun.
Well maybe it could be an end-of-the-game feature.

Years
You might be able to customize your trainer. The male trainer has glasses on his head in one photo and its off in another.. Maybe not a lot of customizables. But it might be there! But i will be choosing the female because the male looks just like the B&W character.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The male really does look like Hilbert, but I did really liked Hilbert's design when I first saw it so I don't mind. But still, after him and Nate looking pretty much the same, the new guy's design is pretty unoriginal. But I will still play as him for the game I get first (most likely Y).So I hope we can customize our character so I don't have to look him when I play. I really like the female's design the best it really reminds me of Leaf, but her outfit's nicer. And for once the female character is dressed decently and in a dress and not a tiny shorts/skirt. I'll pick as her on the game I get second.

Guy

just a guy
Years
You might be able to customize your trainer. The male trainer has glasses on his head in one photo and its off in another.. Maybe not a lot of customizables. But it might be there! But i will be choosing the female because the male looks just like the B&W character.
Not to debunk the possibility of character customization, because I'm hoping that it does happen, but the absence of the male protagonist's glasses could be a glitch based on the screenshot here.

Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The male reminds me of Hilbert even more than Nate did...
I wish I had a clear view of the female from a close distance, it's kind of hard to make out her hair color.
I wonder if they'll have a them for their english names like Sinnoh had Light and Unova had strength (BW) and a pun on the word Resonate (B2W2). Maybe the girl's name will be Xantha, and the guy Yu or something to do with X and Y...or maybe Z even like Zoey and Zen, etc.

Back