• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary Falchion - Fire Emblem Fan Club

Years
Yeah that's where I'm stuck. I barely escaped Chapter 1, too. Trickiest parts are giving MU and Chrom experience without having them in danger the whole time.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
The way I did it was to have Fredrick kill the fighter on the mountain space, and have everyone retreat (with your cavaliers "rescuing" two units) to the left of the map. I don't think everyone will be able to cross this turn, but that's fine (since there's a little area of safety in the starting area).

If you're relying on MU and/or you can't kill the fighter on the mountain space, then I had Freddy attack the mercenary, and MU move 2 spaces under the weakened mercenary to finish him off with magic. I believe he/she should only be in range of one enemy (the fighter) but MU should be able to survive with a few levels under his/her belt (mine had speed as the asset). Doing it this way puts you under some pressure in the next couple of turns, but it's doable. You'll need to use Stahl to draw one of the enemy's attacks, but he should live (I don't remember exactly, I think he'll need to survive a soldier. I know mercenaries will destroy him.).

Nakala Pri

Okay, here is my list of soon-to-be pairs, I'll make 'em marry once I get some more abilities to give to their next-of-kin, which better not be weak little wimps! xD

Henry x Avatar, Sully x Kellam, Lon'qu x Cordelia, Morgan x Lucina, Yarne x Cynthia.

Seem any good? ^^

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I like Kjelle and Severa with dark hair, so that's cool. XD

They all look fine, though YarnexCynthia seems a bit redundant if you're not reclassing them(since they both have good Spe and Skl, and all).

Nakala Pri

I've made the worst mistake ever... the worse mistakes of mistakes... I used a Second Seal on Morgan thinking it'll give him a mega stat boost.... but now, he doesn't even get ANY stat changes. D: Ugh, so, do I ditch him or keep using him? I'm so confused. :C

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Don't worry, that's not a big problem. Morgan is just as usable and lovable as he was before. It's not like promotion, so you're not "missing out" on anything if you use a Second Seal early.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
I've made the worst mistake ever... the worse mistakes of mistakes... I used a Second Seal on Morgan thinking it'll give him a mega stat boost.... but now, he doesn't even get ANY stat changes. D: Ugh, so, do I ditch him or keep using him? I'm so confused. :C

god im replying to this late. anyway dont worry about it. i guess you reclassed him to the same class right? and he didnt get any boost but went back to lv1. that gives him more levels to raise his stats (since at lv 20 he wont be able to get any more stats) thats how people cap their stats in awakening actually so dont worry about it ;)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm not much of a fan of second seals, because there are some units who aren't good at utilizing a certain stat (Ex: Cordelia has poor Magic stats, so she'll be terrible in her mage class).

Warship

異議あり!
Years
I'm not much of a fan of second seals, because there are some units who aren't good at utilizing a certain stat (Ex: Cordelia has poor Magic stats, so she'll be terrible in her mage class).

yeah but she is a great hero and just like you said since she has a poor magic stat she wont be able to do good in any pegasus knight classes since falcon knights utilize staffs and dark fliers utilize magic. also second seals are a must if you're on ability hunting (which i am)

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Even if a unit has a poor stat (like Cordelia and magic), you can always use supports to balance that out. Raising support levels with a Sorcerer would give a Pegasus class much needed magic and defense.

Also, tonics are amazing, don't underestimate them. XD

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Even if a unit has a poor stat (like Cordelia and magic), you can always use supports to balance that out. Raising support levels with a Sorcerer would give a Pegasus class much needed magic and defense.

Also, tonics are amazing, don't underestimate them. XD

yeah but cordelia is a better hero or bow knight than a falcon knight or dark flier (dark flier has galeforce though so you better get it before reclassing) there are already enough characters that use staves and magic so cordelia would be better off having sword and axes(bows) than lances and magic(staves) since she'd be able to use them both to their maximum capabilities. I think raising her high strength and skill even more would be better than barely balancing her magic to a decent level to deal some actual damage (or heal)

that applies to other units as well. i think working on a characters strong points is more important than covering his/her weak points that (s)he doesnt have to use since it'll be decent at best while it could've been perfect.

Nakala Pri

Yeah, I made Cordelia a Dark Flier, now Severa has Galeforce and is the best hero I've ever seen. :O

With Morgan, I was going to make him a hero but then I forgot about Severa, so I wanted to change him to a trickster. :C What a horrible mistake I made when he was a stat-less thief with like, no attack what-so-ever. D:

Years
I've never played Fire Emblem. I'm guessing you guys here are huge fans. So what's it actually like? Can you compare it to another game?

Warship

異議あり!
Years
I've never played Fire Emblem. I'm guessing you guys here are huge fans. So what's it actually like? Can you compare it to another game?

well its an rpg strategy game where you take control of an army and battle to either free your homeland which is invaded at the start of the game or defeat otherwordly demons and save the realm. although i never played it people seem to be comparing it a lot to final fantasy but i guess they have some essential gameplay differences between them. advance wars is also similar to it and has a better multiplayer mode but it has an almost non-existant story mode
hope i helped :)

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
yeah but cordelia is a better hero or bow knight than a falcon knight or dark flier (dark flier has galeforce though so you better get it before reclassing) there are already enough characters that use staves and magic so cordelia would be better off having sword and axes(bows) than lances and magic(staves) since she'd be able to use them both to their maximum capabilities. I think raising her high strength and skill even more would be better than barely balancing her magic to a decent level to deal some actual damage (or heal)

that applies to other units as well. i think working on a characters strong points is more important than covering his/her weak points that (s)he doesnt have to use since it'll be decent at best while it could've been perfect.

Oh yeah, there are definitely optimal classes for each character as well as useless classes. I was just saying that if someone really wanted to use a non-optimal class, there are ways of making it usable in the main story.

It's a lot like Final Fantasy Tactics or Super Robot Taisen.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I like Cordelia in Pegasus Knight class but that's purely a aesthetic preference. And obviously Dark Mage class is available to her just so she can get Vengeance.

She's not that bad of a staff user but of course she's much better as a combat unit, either as Hero or Falcon Knight.

Dark Flier is a very poor class IMO regardless of Cordelia's MAG stat and should never be your final class unless you're the Avatar, who can attack from both sides effectively. Lissa and Maribelle have poor STR, Sumia is crap offensively and only useful as a speedbot, and Cordelia has poor MAG. They knew that when they made the game so they gave Dark Flier Galeforce to compensate, but it's not a good final class IMO. Generally mixed classes are bad in RPGs.

Last edited:
Years
Say I was thinking about playing a fire emblem game, which one would you guys recommend me play first, Acknowledging my complete ignorance of the story/ characters etc.?

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Say I was thinking about playing a fire emblem game, which one would you guys recommend me play first, Acknowledging my complete ignorance of the story/ characters etc.?

well starting from the first game is always good so you can play Shadow Dragon (a ds remake of the original nes version of the first game) or Blazing Sword (which is the first game that saw worldwide release also known as just "Fire Emblem") you can also play Awakening which is a pretty good game but there are some characters that appear in the older games so there might be a few plotholes for you. just pick whichever suits you better

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I suppose Blazing Sword would be better since Shadow Dragon is widely regarded as the worst FE game.

Actually, I suggest you start with Awakening itself. The story is cohesive enough to be understood even by someone who never played an FE game before (like me).

Back