• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Warriors of the past: Ancient Terrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
This is not a club for fossil pokemon, it is for fossil pokemon and more.
If you love fossil pokemon and feel that other pokemon should be classified here, feel free to join!

Rules
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Everyone can choose one partner Pokemon from the list upon joining (includes the ones you add!) and a nickname it if you want.
5. Enjoy!

List of fossil Pokemon
138.png
139.png
140.png
141.png
142.png
345.png
346.png
347.png
348.png
369.png
408.png
409.png
410.png
411.png
564.png
565.png
566.png
567.png
amaura_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6qc5sj.png
woUDfQj.gif
g89j.png
kkuCGfv.gif

List will expand with your additions.

Registration form:

Name:
Favourite Fossil Pokemon:
Any Pokemon you think should be added to the list?:

Members List

DaReaper
Cloyster Oyster
Devilboy4322
Slayr231
Aslan
Alex
Kabutopsian

First topic:
Which Pokemon do you feel should be classified under here, and why?​

Here is my registration form:

Name : DaReaper
Favourite fossil pokemon : Kabutops (Reaper's Pet)
Any Pokemon to be added : Yanmega as it resembles giant dragonflies during the dinosaur age

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Name: CloysterOyster
Partner: Kabutops
Favorite fossil Pokémon and why: Aerodactyl. It's scary, ferocious and knows a wide variety of vicious moves and power moves like Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Ancientpower and all the Fang-like moves.
Any Pokemon you think should be added to the list?: Unown perhaps, as it is an ancient Pokemon who lives in the Ruins of Alph.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Welcome to the club!

Unknown seems like a really old pokemon and used in alot
of caves.It seems reallyfun to collect all symbols as well

In future once we have enough members, I'll hope to hold a weekly poll
To see which pokemon would have the mose votes and add it in to the list

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Name: devilboy4322
Favorite fossil pokemon: Omastar
Any pokemon that should be added to the list?: maybe

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Welcome to the club!

Unown seems like a really old pokemon and used in alot
of caves.It seems really fun to collect all symbols as well

I have caught but never really used any Unown. I wanted to capture all 26 different Unown at the time, but never got around to it. By the way, you misspelled my name wrong on the club member thing. :/

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Sry I'll change it now!

Well there was one time where in pearl I played in the unknown cave with all the unknowns but some were rarer than others :p

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Name: Slayr231
Favourite Fossil Pokemon: Relicanth and Cradily
Any Pokemon you think should be added to the list?: I can't think of anything right now...

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Name: Aslan

Favourite Fossil Pokemon: Aerodactyl! Not that the others aren't great but Aerodactyl makes them look like caterpillars in comparison. I would use the doge meme right here but there would probably be loads of eye rolls and groaning. So instead, I'll settle for using really long adjectives that nobody understands. Aerodactyl in one word would probably be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Yeah, it's that good guys.

Any Pokemon you think should be added to the list?:

Ehh, Yanmega. Are dragonflies ancient though? I would of thought things like Krookodile would be up there. After all, crocodiles were around with dinosaurs, weren't they? I might be wrong though. Anyway Unown definitely should be amongst them. Runes are pretty old and stuff. Plus they have that ancient look about them so they fit well within the category.

Other than that, the only one I can think of right is Lapras. It just has the design, typing, everything about it fits into ancient. The monster it was based off is an old legend as well. It fits perfectly, in my opinion. :]

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Welcome to the club!
Although it just started, its already growong in numbers and I'm happy to hear that!

Theres a new topic:

Which episode/chapter/version did you really think potrays the power of fossil pokemon and why?

Mine would have to be the kanto region's "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon"
Showing well fossil pokemon being docile for a long time being able to still have entry to their full potential.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Name: Alex
Favourite Fossil Pokemon:
141.png

Any Pokemon you think should be added to the list?: If we are talking ancient warriors, I would say Unown, the Regis, and the Hoenn weather trio.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Which episode/chapter/version did you really think potrays the power of fossil pokemon and why?

Mine would have to be the kanto region's "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon"
Showing well fossil pokemon being docile for a long time being able to still have entry to their full potential.
I'll have to agree with you there. I thought it was really neat seeing all the fossil pokemon living below ground and no one knew they were there as well.

Dalek_Kabu

Resident Fossil
Years
Name : Kabutopsian
Favourite fossil pokemon : Kabutops and Tyrantrum
Any Pokemon to be added : Yanmega Mamoswine Tyranitar as they are all based on ancient creatures

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Hey guys I'm back!

Recently I have been working on hacking a rom based on ancient times kinda like time travelling.
I'm gunna use emerald making where you start off a base camp with starter pokemon :Kabuto,Omynite and Areodactyl

If you guys have any suggestions or is or was an experienced hacker pls pm me
(When its done i'll put your name in the credits)

I hope you guys are havin' fun.

Years
Name: Sheep
Favourite Fossil Pokemon: Rampardos. Great design and overall one of my favorite rock types. Plus he was hilarious in Gates to Infinity to boot, hehe.
Any Pokemon you think should be added to the list?: Baltoy and Claydol, perhaps. One of its dex entries says it was discovered during ancient times and coexisted with humans, plus is said to have first been discovered in ancient ruins.

Just my little suggestion though; the list looks great!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Name: Venitardus
Favourite Fossil Pokemon: this is a tough one. Uhmm... I'm going to say Tyrantrum. (It was him or Carracosta)
Any Pokemon you think should be added to the list?: Golett and Golurk because they look like they may have been fossils (even though, if I remember correctly, in one of the dex entries, they were created)

Tek

Years
Username: YZN

Favorite ancient pokemon: Cradily. It's a weird, carnivorous, potted plant thing.

Pokemon that could be added to the list: Well these are all theories, but here goes.

- If Arceus is the creator of all pokemon, then it must predate them and would therefore be ancient.

- If Mew contains the genes of all other pokemon in its DNA, then it may be the ancestor of all other pokemon and therefore would be ancient.

- If Xatu is an emissary from another planet, and that planet is from outside the solar system or milky way galaxy, Xatu would have traveled hundreds or thousands of light years and may therefore be ancient. Should Xatu be added to the list, I'd like to mention that it's one of my all-time favorite pokemon.

Years
Doesn't look like we've had a topic past the introductory one from when the club just opened. So why not liven this little guy up a bit?

Let's start off with the two classic fossils and our very first ones, Kabutops and Omastar. Which of these two do you prefer?

What is your favorite fossil Pokemon to use in-game and why?

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Let's start off with the two classic fossils and our very first ones, Kabutops and Omastar. Which of these two do you prefer?
I like kaputops better. It has a better design and it's really strong.

What is your favorite fossil Pokemon to use in-game and why?
I personally like both Carracosta and Tyrantrum the same. I like Carracosta because it ended up being one of my tanks and it was the fist fossil that I actually raised fully since generation 1.
Tyrantrum has a great design. I mean, it's a T-Rex! Who doesn't like T-Rex's? But he became one of my tanks in my main team in my X version.

Tek

Years
Hmm good topic. I'm with Venitardus, Kabutops design is way cool compared to Omastar.

Ironically enough though, Omastar is one of my favorite HM carriers since it can learn all of the water-related HMs as well as rock climb. I used Cradily for a long time in Ruby. I really like its design, and its moves aren't bad either. It makes a fantastic staller :]

I don't have a 3ds yet, and I can't wait to get a Tyrunt! Rock/Dragon is a great combo and it looks so cool!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Name: Nymphadora.
Favourite Fossil Pokemon: Mine would be Tyrantrum. It's got quite a fierce look, and statistically, its Attack stat is just phenomenal. It does have a lot of weaknesses, but it has a variety of moves in its arsenal to take care of them.
Any Pokemon you think should be added to the list?: Nope; the list looks perfect. If you like, though, you could add Baltoy and Claydol there, just as Sheep suggested. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back