• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real world affecting pokemon?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Okay I'm not sure if everyone here is familiar with current events.
But the United States are considering attacking Syria or certain aspects of Syria.
Now if that happens Russia or China may get involved
And if that happens we may have a serious conflict not necessarily with military but economic wise
And it seems that all this may go down within a couple weeks
Now my question is do you think this will affect Pokémon X and Pokémon Y worldwide release?

A lot of you may say that this doesn't belong and a forum like this
But I think it does
Because we can speculate all we want on what's going to be in the games with the games are going to do
But that means nothing if we can get the games or the world's not around for the games to come out
So do you think this will have any effect?
Because if China is involved how safe really is Japan

Years
You're overthinking it. The games should already be complete or nearly so, therefore it won't have any effect on their release.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I think this should be in General Discussions(not Pokémon)
Could you elaborate your response? Why do you think that?

You're overthinking it. The games should already be complete or nearly so, therefore it won't have any effect on their release.

I wasn't referring to the games completion, I'm talking about shipping delays in certain parts of the world . The whole point of a world wide release was well to have it released on the same day world wide. Now this is a situation which can complicate nintendos plans

I wasn't referring to the games completion, I'm talking about shipping delays in certain parts of the world . The whole point of a world wide release was well to have it released on the same day world wide. Now this is a situation which can complicate nintendos plans

Last edited:

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Ok, in my opinion the things if effected would be harsh such as the games never get released to the market.

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
I'm thinking that Syria will have no effect on production of X and Y. The reason is that Russia is currently requesting the United States to present their proof of chemical weapons in front of the UN. Had the situation in Iraq not occurred in 2003 where the fake evidence was used to get approval to invade, this wouldn't be an issue but now the process will be drawn out. Plus, Britain isn't getting involved (last I checked) and the American people don't want Obama using the War Powers Act to go around Congress like the situation in Libya.

Tl:Dr: Because of Iraq and Libya, any affects of the Syrian Civil War will not be seen until late October-early December.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
International relations has no affect on the games. Syria is just a small part of the planet, the U.S. and others (Russia/China) on the UN Security Council wouldn't let some rift over whether or not to respond with military action against Assad and/or rebels escalate into anything it shouldn't be. I think you're over thinking it.

Besides, we've been at war since 2002/2003, and since then multiple games have come out. Unless there is another world war and all economic activity is mitigated in favor of wartime production you'll get your Pokemon game. ;) Our Syrian Pokemon lovers may be out of luck, although I highly doubt Pokemon is on their minds at this point in time.

Years
The US and other countries' involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan didn't affect the release or distribution of BW and other games. Syria won't affect XY.

If anything it would be the aftereffects of the tsunami and earthquake that would have changed things (and maybe they did for a while), but XY is still coming out.

The world's a big place and most of the time, regardless of what's going on, it's business as usual.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The world's a big place and most of the time, regardless of what's going on, it's business as usual.
My sentiments exactly.

That said, I think we can carry this discussion on over to Pokémon Gaming Central. While you've started the topic around X and Y, it doesn't really pertain to the games specifically so much as it does with the conflicts of the world versus the business of Pokémon.

Side note: Syd, if you think otherwise, you can move the thread back on over.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Like everyone's basically said - if Syria escalates further into a war featuring outside players (other than Al Qaida, i.e. the US) the only way everyone's really affected is if you know someone in the military. Pokémon X&Y will be fine.

Back