• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Earth Heart RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flax

Bang.
Years
Light-hearted story, inspired by the golden age of my very life. Also inspired by Mother (the video game that is - not my actual mother, haha).

Setting
Earth Heart sets place in Tetral, a rural diverse region which includes various mountains and vast bodies of water. It is a fairly small region, inhabitated by mostly the phenonemonial creatures known as Pocket Monsters, or as we often call Pokemon. Tetral is unrecognizable to the world, being highly unpopular for it's bland emptiness and lack of notable attractions. However.. There is one thing special about Tetral..

What would that be?

Well.. that's a little hard to explain.

Plot
Earth Heart begins in the friendly town of Green Grass Village. Every night, an eerie and mysterious large shadow covers over Green Grass Village. Lately, several of the residents and Pokemon living in Green Grass Village began to dissapear or act strangely, usually resulting them isolating themselves from society. A Pokemon rancher named Mason sends a group of children, who are supervised by "Big Brother" Hero, to investigate these strange dissapearences (why he sends a group of children is beyond me). After a chain of bizzare events, Hero and the group discovers that the dissapearence of the people in Green Grass Village is in fact the work of an evil invading Alian race!! Alians have been abducting or brainwashing many of the residents in Green Grass Village which ensues the conflict of our story..

Prior to this, the Alians have also been responsible for a worldwide phemenonial calamity - resulted by the long absense of the Eight Spirit Stars who grants people's hopes and wishes which had maintained the tranquility of the world. Each of the Spirit Stars have been scattered throughout Tetral, sealed within a Sanctuary that is guarded by powerful Alians. With the riddance of the Spirit Stars and lack of wishes being granted, the Alians introduced hazardous technology, threatening the region of Tetral.

The Alians base their Mothership on Green Grass Village, destorying it in the progress as the Alians easily take complete control over the helpless village. Oh no! Nearly all the residents of Green Grass Village became mindless zombies, slaves to the Alians. Fortunately, the group of children assisted by their elder Hero is safely teleported to the town of Center, through the help of a Jirachi nicknamed Chi - who is on a desperate mission to save the eight Spirit Stars and rid the world of it's chaos. Through an uncanny alliance, the group embarks on their journey to help Chi rescue the Eight Spirit Stars, in order to save their village from the Alians - and in the progress, save the world.

Rules: I'm a fairly lax guy on rules.

1. Proper grammar and spelling would be nice for everybody.
2. Being active would also be great. It'd be a pain if you'd join and only post three times.
3. No bunnying.
4. Don't godmod.
5. Don't drink and drive.
6. Blah, blah, blah.
7. Rules suck, I dunno what I'm talking about.
8. And follow the basic rules - read the Rules Thread!
9. And have fun. Cause it sucks when you don't have fun.

Well with that out of the way, let's get to the important stuff.

Unlike most Pokemon RPs, this story features Pokemon primarily as the main enemies of the story rather then being depicted as pets for Pokemon trainers to use in their battles. Characters utilize their own abilities and powers rather then relying on the use of Pokemon. Though, a "Trainer class" is available and characters are allowed to have Pokemon..

Characters are limited to having only ONE Pokemon, preferably one from a low-tier - like, a Pikachu would be a perfect, so as long as the Pikachu isn't Ash's.. These Pokemon are known as "partners" (I'm totally not refering to that Spinoff Pokemon Ranger game). You are allowed to switch your Partner Pokemon with another species, in case you get bored of the one you have.

And just to clear this - I don't really care about Shinies! I don't see what the whole big deal is about Shinies, they're just oridinary Pokemon creatures with a different color pallete in the games. Sure they're rare but I don't care. You can have a Shiny for your Partner Pokemon. Heck, you can even recolor your Pokemon if you really want to. (Have a blue Pikachu!)

I won't explain much about Tetral, as realistically story-wise, many of the characters are unbeknown to much of the region. Those who join the RP may create new towns and add additional locations for Tetral - I won't mind. You guys are going to help build a region I was too lazy to finish! Hahah! *cough* But, geographically-wise, Tetral is very similar to the Kanto region of the Pokemon games.

Other then that, you can have a maximum of two characters - usually a protagonist and a supporting sidekick.

SU-Sheet
Name-(At least one name is needed)
Age-(Under 16)
Gender-(actually, no gender is an option - if your character's, like, a robot)
Birthday-(State just the month and day, no one cares about the year)
Relatives-(Briefly state the character's family members)
Item-(Notable items that the character carries with him/her)
Like-(The thing they like)
Dislike-(The thing they don't like)
Hair color-(Anime is so ridiculous - Who's born with natural pink hair!!?)
Eye color-(Eye color)
Good point-(Character's strength, positive trait)
Bad point-(Character's weakness, negative trait)
Hobby-(What the character likes to do in their spare time)
Appearance-(prefered if explained through description, rather then just using a picture. Pictures are allowed though.)
Personality-(Description of the character's characteristics)
Powers and Abilities-(Supernatural powers are allowed)
History-(If you keep looking back at the past, you can't make a future - basically saying that this part is entirely optional, as people's history rarely matter all that much in RPs)

COPY AND PASTE
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Birthday-
Relatives-
Item-
Like-
Dislike-
Hair color-
Eye color-
Good point-
Bad point-
Hobby-
Appearance-
Personality-
Powers and Abilities-
History-

My SU

Name-Hero
Age-17
Gender-Male
Birthday-August 28th
Relatives-Younger sister (Kiri)
Item-Backpack
Like-Submarine Sandwich
Dislike-Stomach aches
Hair color-Blonde
Eye color-Dark Red
Good point-Protective
Bad point-Cowardice
Hobby-Janken (Rock-Paper-Scissors)
Appearance-He has a fairly simplex look in which compliments his personality. He has long blonde straight hair which is often tied in a ponytail. He has spikey bangs, curving down to the left of his face, covering his eyebrows. His eyes are quite narrow but always gives off that "friendly" look on Hero's face. His skin is a little more tan in comparison to others. His body build is rather slender but he is notably tall, being nearly seven feet tall. Hero often wears a red lether jacket, left zipped open fully revealing his black undershirt. He wears baggy white pants and bulky red platform shoes. In cold weathers, Hero wears a red scarf around his neck, covering his jaw and mouth. The scarf is long and often flies around like a cape. Other then that, his attire remains the same throughout the story. Hero also has a blue backpack, which often holds Chi (a Jirachi who accompanies Hero and the group).

Personality-Hero is depicted as a gentle but cowardly and lax person and despite being among the oldest people in his home, he is in fact very childish, acting irresponsible when dealing with his actions. But in general, Hero is an upmost generous and well-mannered person who always keeps a friendly smile. He isn't the brightest guy, always struggling when dealing with problematic situations - but that doesn't give reason to hate Hero. He may be a dopey person, but he is truly a good person at heart.

Hero is mostly recognized as a coward due to his reluctant and fearful nature and his notorious habit of running away. He is paranoid with his superstitions, having strong beliefs in ghosts and demons. On another note, Hero is knwon to be very humble, and in result, suffers from what seems like inferiority complex. He often treats himself as a "weakling" and is too intimidated to get himself involved in a fight with someone, strongly believing that he's going to lose and get injured severely in the progress - a fact which amazes everyone, especially his enemies and foes, who often see Hero as a formidable opponent.

Though he doesn't live up to his name all that much, Hero is very protective, especially over those he deeply cares about. He himself doesn't seem to acknowledge this fact at all, but it is this that earned Hero the title of Big Brother in Green Grass Village.

Hero is notable for being a "big eater", consuming alot of food in just one meal in a very fast period of time. He manages to finish ten Submarine Sandwiches in just half a minute. Because that he eats so quickly, he commonly chokes on his food or hiccups occassionally. Consequently, he suffers from stomach aches later on.

Powers and Abilities-Though a coward, Hero is a surprisingly cunning fighter in battle. He is very athletic, a consequential fact as he participates in many sports, notably his talent in martial arts and football (soccer). All these traits subsequently make up for his reluctant nature, which unfortunately and ironically renders all of his athletic attributes useless as Hero easily gets too intimidated to act and he is unable to use these skills effectively.

Hero also possesses some PSI powers, though he is only limited to recieving telepathic messages from others.

History-There's not much to say about Hero's past - mainly because he never really had much of an interesting past. Hero was discovered as a lone orphan, found on the outskirts of Green Grass Village. Not alot is known about Hero's origins - where he came from, or who his parents are. Though in spite of that, Hero had little to no difficulty fitting in Green Grass Village, growing up to be a well-mannered, healthy but reluctant person.

Hero was raised by Mason, Kiri's grandfather and a renowned Pokemon rancher in Green Grass Village. In his childhood, he often spent his time partcipating in various sports. He did his share of chores for Mason and also spent time taking care of his sister Kiri. Eventually as the years pass by quickly, Hero became a renowned baby sister and was often given the task of looking after spoiled brats well-behaved children.

The story's limit capacity of characters is 5 - not including my own character.

NOTE TO MODERATORS: If there's anything wrong with this RP thread that needs to be corrected and fix, inform me through a PM please. Thanks.

Darkaoz

Compulsive Procrastinator
Years
Very interesting, to say the least. Hm...I'm feeling adventurous. I'll join in ^^

Name- Kale
Age- 17
Gender- Male
Birthday- August 13th
Relatives- None
Item- Backpack
Like- To be alone
Dislike- Annoyances
Hair color- Raven Black
Eye color- Deep Purple
Good point- He's protective of anything he cares for
Bad point- He's very impatient
Hobby- Drawing/Sketching
Appearance- I'm no good with descriptions~ Kale
Personality- Kale is a very quiet, very secluded person. He as no friends besides the small Minun that resides on his shoulder. Kale is also
Powers and Abilities- He can shoot fire out of his hands...xD Totally kidding. Kale has quite the scrawny physique, but he's an excellent fighter nevertheless. He has no actual power, but he's incredibly talented in the martial arts portion of life.
History- Kale lived with a pretty poor family for the majority of his life. One fateful day when he was 5 his house caught fire and burned down. He was the only one spared from death. He grew up with Pokemon and one couldn't leave him when he decided to take off; his Minun.
Kale now resides in Green Grass Village living in not a house, but in any Pokemon Center he comes across in or close to the village.

Flax

Bang.
Years
Heh I though about join but when I read about Aliens ! . ! . Ehh I wish you could do another RP with NORMAL plot

Define "Normal" please. :P

And don't worry - this is probably going to be the only Pokemon RP that'll involve extraterestrial life or anything related. I was kinda hoping for some positive reception.

^Lol, it doesn't look like your quite finished yet. XD Also, there's an age restriction for your character - he needs to be under 16, though truthfully, age doesn't affect a whole alot.

capalex65

Anyone need a website done..?
Years
Rawr! I shall be joining this adventure! <Gabriel joined the party!>

Name- Gabriel

Age- 16

Gender- Male

Birthday- DD/MM --- 12/05

Relatives- Unknown, even to himself.

Item- The most advanced laptop anyone would ever see. (In a carrier bag of course)

Like- Anything electronic.

Dislike- When people are standing too close to him.

Hair color- White

Eye color- Gold

Good point- When something interests him he's all for it, and will use as much time as he have to, to understand it fully.

Bad point- When something doesn't interest him, he tends to forget it quickly. He is also rather lazy due to a childhood of being trained in martial arts.

Hobby- Upgrading his computers, especially his laptop.

Appearance- Thin, not that muscular (but able to kick ass anyway), he wears contact lenses to avoid wearing glasses. His clothes are mostly baggy so people don't notice all the techno gadgets in his pockets and he almost always have a headset around his neck that's connected to his laptop.

Personality- Gabriel is a loner, not because he has to be, but because he chose to be. He doesn't like when people get too close to him, and when they do, he moves a bit away. Because of that, he's never had a girlfriend, but he doesn't really care about that. However, when someone is in need of help, he'd go through fire to help, that also applies to when people have questions about anything within his field of interest.

Powers and Abilities- Technopathy (Able to control and operate any kind of machine) and Telepathy (Teleportation, mind reading, telekinesis, the usual stuff)

History- Nothing much to tell here, he came from a big city but his parents decided to move to the country and he ended up in the middle of nowhere. There isn't really a reason to tell more of his history as it's rather irrelevant to the story at hand.

Flax

Bang.
Years
^ Though a little lacking at first glance, it's actually pretty adequate for me - so. Your in.

Also, is this thread invisible? I dunno. I kinda expected more people to join by now - or make attempts in joining at least. Maybe I'm being a bit impatient? I'm assuming that most don't like the weird plot and refuse to join.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Are we still able to join? If so...

Name- Mary
Age- 14
Gender- Female
Birthday- 3/11
Relatives- Mother (Tori)
Item- Bag (with mortar, knife and pestle in it)
Like- Quiet
Dislike- Loud noises
Hair color- Brown
Eye color- Dark Blue
Good point- Willing to help
Bad point- Susceptible to helping the wrong people or doing too much
Hobby-Whittling or making salves

Appearance- Mary has straight brown hair that goes a fair bit past her shoulders. Her dark blue eyes are framed by a heart-shaped face. She is rather small being just over five feet tall. She normally wears a thin red shirt against a gray jacket and black pants. Her gray shoes are rather torn from usage.

Personality- Mary is friendly but knows when to leave somebody alone. She won't say much of anything unless you're expecting it. However, she may sometimes come up and try to distract you with chatter. If you need her to do something, she'll come as quickly as possible, making her very reliable. Mary can keep herself calm and react well to difficult situations. She has a dislike for being noticed.

Powers and Abilities- Mary isn't exactly a great fighter, but she can hold her own if necessary. She has a high sensitivity to nature and people, which helps with finding an enemy as well as safe areas.

History- Mary grew up as a normal kid. She helped her mother around the house as best she could. She never knew her father as he died a month before she was born. Mary would constantly help injured Pokemon when they came by her house. One of those was her Vulpix named Seri, who remained with her long after he had healed.

Anemone

break through the sky
Years
Umm.. Is this thread still alive or what?
If it is, please reply, I'll make an SU too then.. ^^;

Flax

Bang.
Years
Oh, jeez. I start getting people RIGHT after I post up another Roleplay? XD

But yeah, I already made another RP that's going to ultimately replace this one. However, the thread has not yet been validated by the Moderators. So, to be sure, I'm gunna explain the other RP and see if people will be interested in joining - if not, then people can just join this one.

The other RP is called Terra. Terra is based off of Earth Heart, somewhat. Though both stories are virtually the same (in my perspective at least), having the exact same antagonist, same set of villains just with different names and similar plot twists. Terra does have a more darker atmosphere then Earth Heart, whereas Earth Heart is more simplistic and comical, with majority of the villains just going through redemption when defeated. Terra has more technological aspects, while Earth Heart focuses on more magical themes.

Terra also has a selection of Starter Pokemon, all with their unique individual characteristics, abilities and background (i.e, a Chikorita being able to use witchcraft and sorcery). The current list is pretty short, with only five available Starters - one of them is being RPed by me, making interaction with that starter slightly awkward.

Anyway, to reply back to some people here..

@Emerald: In Earth Heart, no and yes. The story doesn't exactly have the actual Eight Melodies like in Mother, but the fact that the characters have to find eight Jirachi (Spirit Stars), it's kinda the same if the characters were trying to find the Eight Melodies. Besides, it'd be kinda hard to translate the Eight Melodies so they could fit into a literal story. In Terra, there are "Four" Melodies, though these function in a different way.

@Kitsune: Though the Alians wouldn't actually conduct experiments like that, I don't see it being a bad idea for this RP. But I was going to have a shapeshifter character myself. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back