• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
It would be really helpful if some other people joined Rivals Challenge,
So it's not just us 3

Lezza

Years
I'm also doing one with a fire mono.
I had an idea,
Why dont we have a challenge where you only use pokemon with a base stat total of 450> but you can have one poke that is 450<?

Lezza

Years
No,
Its only Me, PhsycoJigglypuff and Yuki but it's really fun
So if you can join this challenge

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Uhhh, you guys realize you could have had that whole conversation via VM right? Anyway, I'm probably going to finish Challoween tonight. Then I think I won't be restarting Black for a long time. Going to leave it alone and use it as my transfer game for when I start working on the Pokedex in my Jap White (can't transfer from English to Jap, so Black will be the bridge between them). Then my English White can be my challenge cart. :3c Still need to make the emblem. ~_~

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm actually enjoying the Challoween challenge. :3c I thought that it would be super hard because I had Squirtle. Don't ask. :< But he's quite the powerhouse. :D

I need to limit the challenges I do, last time I just took a load and forget them all. ;;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
At least you're not doing the big motherload of challenges, and then completely the national dex afterwards. ~_~ After I finish Challoween, I'll trade half my team to my Japanese White, and then build a new team for post-game. More offense oriented, because this defensive team is really...yeah. lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2012
What about specifically coloured pokemon?
I know that they are generally coloured depending on their types, but if you did something like brown, you'd get a variety of types.
If you did a gen one game (say, leafgreen) that'd open you up to diglett, pidgey, eevee etc. You can't let them evolve out of that colour, either.
I know it's pretty average but it's the best i can do.
Perhaps one where you can only choose pokemon that would not look out of place in your home (not pertaining to size). e.g. rattata, pidgey but not pikachu, charmander. growlithe and others that are based off of dogs etc also wouldn't really look out of place.

Maybe a run where you can only use pokemon within a certain weight? Really light 'mons would make it tricky, whilst heavy would seriously limit your selection.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
What about specifically coloured pokemon?
I know that they are generally coloured depending on their types, but if you did something like brown, you'd get a variety of types.
If you did a gen one game (say, leafgreen) that'd open you up to diglett, pidgey, eevee etc. You can't let them evolve out of that colour, either.
I know it's pretty average but it's the best i can do.
Perhaps one where you can only choose pokemon that would not look out of place in your home (not pertaining to size). e.g. rattata, pidgey but not pikachu, charmander. growlithe and others that are based off of dogs etc also wouldn't really look out of place.

Maybe a run where you can only use pokemon within a certain weight? Really light 'mons would make it tricky, whilst heavy would seriously limit your selection.

The colour one you mentioned is known as a mono-colour challenge. As for the size one, I quite like the idea, but you'd have to make it quite restricted to make it challenging.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2012
Oh my mistake, sorry.
Yeah I figure it could either be really easy, really hard, or really boring :P what's the challoween challenge?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Oh my mistake, sorry.
Yeah I figure it could either be really easy, really hard, or really boring :P what's the challoween challenge?

It's an event challenge for a certain holiday (in this case, Halloween) that only last for a certain amount of time (this one ends like tomorrow). And if you finish it, you get an emblem.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I'm back oh whatever nobody remembers me.

Meh. Might as well as tell people I'm doing a Steel Monotype on Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends, and a Wailord Solo Run on FireRed.

Not updating because it's annoying to.

Okay, suggest a challenge for me to do on Light Platinum and I'll do it.

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Eevee Challenge where everyone needs to win with 6 Eevee Evolutions :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah. Since there's only 7 eeveelutions, and then Eevee itself, there wasn't much diversity in teams compared to other challengers. I think that ultimately brought its end.

I remember you, 649. :) Try the Christian Challenge. It needs more challengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back