• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moto X & Customizable Materials

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
schmidt-moto-x-2-640x424.jpg

There has been much speculation as to how customizable the Moto X will really be, but things are getting a bit more interesting as a rumored launch draws near. While we are fairly confident that customizations will remain in the realm of aesthetics and not allow for configurable internal hardware, a new rumor suggests more than just color will be up for decision. Taylor Wimberly, the man that has had the inside scoop on the Moto X since reports first surfaced, says the material of the handset's backplate also will be customizable.

This will include everything from wood to fabrics, with ceramic and metal also available as options. Plastic will be the default choice, and certain materials might arrive as carrier exclusives. It sounds like things are about to get pretty interesting, no? A woodgrain finish would definitely be unique.

It all begs another question. With the Moto X's high degree of external customization, it certainly will encourage folks to go case-less to show off their personal style. But I digress…What material do you want for your Moto X?

Source: Android Phone Fans

What do you guys think of being able to put wood, fabric, or other material on the back of your phone instead of the typical plastic? Tbh, I like the metal of the HTC One, but I always wear a case on my phone so I don't care if mine is plastic.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
To be able to put a pillow or at least a fabric cover on the back of my phone is my dream come true! Do want, man! Do want!

Many new phones these days are coming out with all new features that may seem impossible, but customization back covers is pretty much the cherry on top :D

I do agree that the metal on the HTC one (my ideal phone btw) looks really good. It's very stylish, but the only con about it is that it scratches easily. But it doesn't bother me as much.

Back