• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reviewing Challenge - December 2012

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
how has it been a year since this happened last

FF&W has been lacking in reviews, and a fun way to get members to review is by having a challenge! This is a "up-to-you" challenge. The minimum amounts of reviews expected is ten, and the maximum expected is twenty.

How does it work?
Interested in taking part? All you have to do is sign up in this thread using the form posted below. Then, starting on December 1st (your time zone, whatever that may be), you can begin reviewing any story or poem posted here in FF&W. Just be sure to keep the section's rules in mind.

This means that your reviews need to be constructive. Don't just post "like ur story! it was good!" Point out specifics about the story you're reviewing, mentioning what you liked or didn't like. If your review can be posted to every story in this forum and make sense, it won't count for this challenge.

Use your post in this thread to keep track of your reviews. Just link to them so we can double-check everything.

Authors, if you would like a particular reviewer to read your story, check out their profile to find out how to contact them and ask them nicely. If we find out that you're pestering for reviews, it will be noted and no one will review your story for the challenge.

The challenge ends: December 21 31, 2012

How Many Reviews?
It's up to you! You can do ten if that's all you can handle, and still get an emblem. If you want, you can do twenty, and still get an emblem.

Either way...

What do you get?
Aside from the satisfaction of bringing activity to FF&W and reviews to the authors here, you also get this emblem:

ReviewersEmblem.jpg

The Form
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Best Way to Contact:[/b]
[b]Review Style:[/b]
[b]Reviews:[/b]

Reviewers
Cutlerine
bobandbill
Khawill
dudebot
psyanic

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
With regret, I have withdrawn.

What's that you say, real life? I don't have time? What a ridiculous excuse to not do this.

Name: Cutlerine
Best Way to Contact: VM, I guess.
Review Style: A bit of everything, from grammar to plotholery to whatever... Essentially, whatever catches my eye. I do have a tendency to get fixated on good style, though. Oh, and most times you can expect at least one joke, too, though whether it's any good remains to be seen.
Reviews: None yet, but hey! Give me a chance.

F.A.B.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Not much time for reviews first few days but certainly still have time off this month to at least get some done!

Name: bobandbill
Best Way to Contact: VM, but PM is also cool.
Review Style: I'll just mention what parts I like and what parts I feel could use improvement, including any spelling/grammar issues.
Reviews:
1. Story of Benki
2. Red Eyes Don't Lie
3. Marowak: The Avenger
4. Top Gun
5. Here We Go Again
6. The Silver Cup Championship Battle
7. Faded Saffron
8. Giovani Destroys the World and Everything In It
9. The Rise of Vee
10. Long Road to Ruin

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
I'll join for sure, nothing like a good challenge to keep myself occupied.

Name: Khalil, Khawill, just K
Best Way to Contact:I check the forums everyday, simply VM or PM me
Review Style: I pay more attention to plot, character dev, and spelling
Reviews: *blank*

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I must make up with NaNo by make-up reviewing. She hasn't talked to me since yesterday.

Name: psyanic
Best Way to Contact: Shoot me a VM/PM, just not directly at me, or I might bleed to death. I'd hate to write reviews in a hospital bed.
Review Style: I'll just go with I like nitpicking first then go really broad towards the end. I'd like to say I'm comprehensive in most of my reviews, but I also go on about how I think about the story itself that's not entirely a review but more of an opinion as in, "I didn't like this story, because I freaking hate talking lamps." That's a very extreme example, though. Basically, I like to look at whatever seems to need some improvement or at least I think needs some improvement.
Reviews: Give me ten hours and I'll give you three horses and a review. Maybe.
1. Story of Benki
2. Scars and Cuts

Last edited:

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Name: Phantom
Best Way to Contact: PM or VM
Review Style: Comprehensive.
Reviews: Ehhhh

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I think I should be able to fit something in.

Name: Astinus
Best Way to Contact: VM, PM, or messenger bird
Review Style: If I have the time, I go through really in-depth and point out what I like and what could use improvements in terms of characterization, description, logic, and maybe a little of grammar. If I don't have the time, you just get more of a summary of those same points. Also, if I'm tired, I just don't notice everything that I could, so!
Reviews: Nada.

Last edited:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
What better way to get back into the swing of things than doing a bit of reviewing, eh? I haven't reviewed a story in ages and I'm willing to do a few (up to three) on a first come first serve basis. It's winter break so I have ample time to do a bit of reading.

Name: TurtleKing or TK
Best Way to Contact: PM and VM
Review Style: I'm a plot based reviewer, so I get into the nitty gritty of your story. I, of course, look for grammatical errors, but that gets the best of us. Plus, reviewing the plot is always fun.
Reviews: None yet!

Cutlerine

Years
I'm, uh, going to have to retire from this challenge, regrettably. A month ago I would have said that there is nothing more important in life than reviewing stories, but as it turns out, there is. So. Hey hum. I suppose I'll try again next time, assuming no other crises rear their heads.

F.A.B.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm regretfully going to have to do the same. There are other things on my to-do list that I'd like to concentrate on, leaving me little time/mental energy to review.

Still, I'm going to get to the request I received. It'll just be next month.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Um, with bobandbill as the only winner? (One more review, buddy. One more! :D)

Don't worry about not reaching the goal this time around. I'm going to think a few things over and come up with a schedule so that a reviewing challenge happens every couple of months instead of once a year.

There will be other things as well to keep activity going and to give chances to earn emblems.

Right now, I'd say that December 2012 was a very busy month for people.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Um, with bobandbill as the only winner? (One more review, buddy. One more! :D)
And I've done that. \o/

Ah well, hopefully next time around it will not be so busy for everyone. I too am for more frequent occurrences of this at any rate. =p

Cutlerine

Years
I too am for more frequent occurrences of this at any rate. =p

This is what is known as a Good Idea. Wasn't there a system by which the Reviewing Challenge was supposed to be held every two months or something at one point? The more I think about it, the more I think there was... Does anyone with a memory less like a string bag than mine remember why it disappeared?

F.A.B.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I got too busy to remember it? :D?

That's really all that it was. Maybe the amount of participants was slowing down, so I thought there was a lack of interest.

Look for a thread discussing the state of the forum when I return home in seven hours! Because real life!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's a bit late to join in given it was for last month, but nothing is stopping you from reviewing anyway.

Back