• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lightning Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
If you at least get a good beta, post a hack, but if this is all you have don't bother.

Gerri Shin

  
Years

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Hello, I worked on this hack for weeks. Anyways, when I was making this, I was working on adding Bulbasaur and stuff, but I ran into difficulties, especially when editing trainer battles and trying to add in the Jesse & James battle. Anyways, I don't remember why I stopped.
I originally had all of my notes on hacking written down on several papers that seemed to disappear. And it became quite obvious that I wouldn't be able add in the Pikachu following you thing that everyone wanted. Even though some people didn't care about that.
But, for a while now, I archived all of my files for hacking and I can't work on it anymore because of lack of hard drive space. I'm really sorry.
As for map editing, this didn't need the map to be edited very much, because it's a remake of Pokémon Yellow if you even know what that is.
And you people who complain may be too noobish to notice, but I edited up to pewter city and I edited all of the trainer battles and wild pokémon including Brock up to that point.
I couldn't fix the start where Oak catches the Pikachu either which was another barrier. But, the guy who made Shiny Gold never gave up, maybe I should have been more like him.
Anyways, you guys should stop complaining, I don't see anyone who can hack this as well as I could and anyone who could do it grammatically correct.
Don't post hacks you've only worked about 30 minutes or 2 hours on. This is a waste.
You're a jerk. :/
(View the other two threads where this originated.)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
hmm...i see, im using ur patch on my hack atm, il try and show u some updates if u like?
especially if i figure out the pikachu catching thing in the beggining

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
You're a jerk. :/

No, I'm right. All you did was:

A: Change the title screen
B: Change what Pokemon you and Gary get at the start
C: Changed the script where you meet Oak and when you attempt to get the Eevee
D: Changed some text
E: Changed trainer battles.

Also, this is a hack SHOWCASE forum, not a place to advertise for people to work on a hack. People can criticize on your hack if they want to and it doesn't make them a "jerk".

Last edited:

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
No, I'm right. All you did was:

A: Change the title screen
B: Change what Pokemon you and Gary get at the start
C: Changed the script where you meet Oak and when you attempt to get the Eevee
D: Changed some text
E: Changed trainer battles.

Also, this is a hack SHOWCASE forum, not a place to advertise for people to work on a hack. People can criticize on your hack if they want to and it doesn't make them a "jerk".
You don't know how to do all those things and you missed quite a few other things I did. I edited the movement of the characters; I edited the guy in Viridian that doesn't let you pass him. I edited lots of wild pokémon. I edited the map to make there only be one pokéball on the table. I edited the movement of gary as well as implementing scripts to make everything flow within the story as it's supposed to. I made the old man catch a Pikachu at the start. Added some grass in Pallet Town. In addition to doing heaps of the five things you were smart enough to notice. :/
Regardless of whether you criticize my hack or not, it's my opinion that you don't have to be so rude about it. I don't go into your thread and call your hack 'a waste.'
And you should view the threads mentioned in my first post as well, unless you're too lazy. (At least the first post.)
People want to download and try this hack, so they bug me in PMs, I had to make another thread so people could easily download it. That's the main reason I made this thread. People also ask me all the time if they can finish the hack for me and I really don't care if they finish it, because I stopped ROM hacking years ago. (Which is why I said that.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Don't yell at Red you half brained morons :/

From what I've seen, he's done more than any of you people could, so you have no right to criticize at all.

This thread is for people who keep on PM'ing him for a Download, so just shut up -_-

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Don't yell at Red you half brained morons :/

From what I've seen, he's done more than any of you people could, so you have no right to criticize at all.

This thread is for people who keep on PM'ing him for a Download, so just shut up -_-

You people are too damn sensitive, I wasn't yelling.

"You don't know how to do all those things and you missed quite a few other things I did. I edited the movement of the characters; I edited the guy in Viridian that doesn't let you pass him. I edited lots of wild pokémon. I edited the map to make there only be one pokéball on the table. I edited the movement of gary as well as implementing scripts to make everything flow within the story as it's supposed to. I made the old man catch a Pikachu at the start. Added some grass in Pallet Town. In addition to doing heaps of the five things you were smart enough to notice. :/"

And thats all you did, not much work.

And NO I don't see you posting on my hack that it's a waste, because I put much more time into that than this. Calm down and face the facts for the love of god.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
You have one problem with your statement...IT ONLY MADE IT TO A BETA

I'm Sorry a beta can't live up to your expectations, but seriously you need to think

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
You have one problem with your statement...IT ONLY MADE IT TO A BETA

I'm Sorry a beta can't live up to your expectations, but seriously you need to think

-GROANS-

"OMG THIS IS A BETA" is the OLDEST excuse I have ever heard when someone wants to defend their beta when it has little to no new content in it. Even betas should have more content than this, hell, even ALPHA's should have more. The fact is, most people could do all of this in a day, and the size of the patch is 4.6kb, which is the smallest I've EVER seen for an advance ROM patch.

You people just don't get it. You people seriously need to think...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I can agree he went a bit far on calling you a jerk for criticizing his project, you have every right to do so.

You can't take it to the degree that you did, looking at your first post, you came off as if you were directly attacking Red himself and not the hack :/

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I can agree he went a bit far on calling you a jerk for criticizing his project, you have every right to do so.

You can't take it to the degree that you did, looking at your first post, you came off as if you were directly attacking Red himself and not the hack :/

I never insult other people, but I can bash their hack if I want if I have a valid point. Yes, I got upset because of him calling me a jerk because I had a different opinion than him. Not everyone has to LOVE every single hack here.

The fact is, I've been hacking for years, and I know all of the things he has done could of been done in a day (Even though it might take some people a week, and even a weeks worth of work should not belong here). I feel that more effort should of been put into this, even if its just a beta or even if this was labeled an "alpha".

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I'm not saying that, but in the future, try to be less...Bashy?

Calmly tell them some things that are wrong, not just stating that the entire game is a flop, and that'll be the end of it.

I suggest just ending this entire discussion, you are ticked off, and Red will probably not apologize for calling you a jerk, which was uncalled for in that right.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I'm not saying that, but in the future, try to be less...Bashy?

Calmly tell them some things that are wrong, not just stating that the entire game is a flop, and that'll be the end of it.

I suggest just ending this entire discussion, you are ticked off, and Red will probably not apologize for calling you a jerk, which was uncalled for in that right.

and the fact you called me and other people "Half brained morons"

I never said the IDEA was a flop, I'm saying more time should of been put into it before posting even if he's "not working on it anymore".

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Sorry for calling you a jerk...
Anyways, I was young and stupid back then and I made some mistakes with releasing a beta too soon. And I get too easily sidetracked and bored with it. Well, I hope people enjoy this for what it's worth, I know there's lots of people out there who really want a Yellow Remake, I don't have the moral to complete it.
And how the heck was there supposed to be any original ideas when this was a remake? (I was trying to create an exact remake...)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
and the fact you called me and other people "Half brained morons"

I never said the IDEA was a flop, I'm saying more time should of been put into it before posting even if he's "not working on it anymore".

Sorry I called you half brained moron...

I never accused you of calling the IDEA a flop, I said you called the game a flop, which was the entire point of this debate...

theundertaker

Pokemon Phenom
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
well for anyone who is wanting to finish this, the part where oak catches pikachu, and it shows the old man instead. i think your best bet would to script oak to say what he normally does, then instead of going to the old man part, just have oak say "OAK: Watch out! It's a wild PIKACHU, let me handle this." then have it pause and go "............." then "OAK: Gotcha! Don't worry, I caught the wild PIKACHU."
just thought i'd offer my suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back