• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I've decided to create a signature to display all my latest shinies. it's a little basic, but oh well, it'll do. :P
next up, I'm going to try my first soft reset method, and try and get a shiny totodile on emerald. I think I've almost finished the hoenn dex on it anyway, so I'll get started just as soon as I do.

158.gif

I like your signature! :D

R.K 9 updating his signature made me want to do it too, so I did. :3 If you hover over the color tabs at the top, you can see what each color means.

My next hunt will be Mewtwo. :3 Saved in front of him now, I have a Scizor with False Swipe and a high level Blissey so I can catch him easily (compared to normally).

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Now 20000 REs without a shiny! Hurray!!!

I'm going to take a bit of break from all this. I've been grinding too much >.> BTW where can you get those signatures where it lists all of your shinies and methods you used to get them?

Years
I like your signature! :D

R.K 9 updating his signature made me want to do it too, so I did. :3 If you hover over the color tabs at the top, you can see what each color means.

My next hunt will be Mewtwo. :3 Saved in front of him now, I have a Scizor with False Swipe and a high level Blissey so I can catch him easily (compared to normally).
thanks, although yours looks neater than mine. :P good luck with mewtwo!

Now 20000 REs without a shiny! Hurray!!!

I'm going to take a bit of break from all this. I've been grinding too much >.> BTW where can you get those signatures where it lists all of your shinies and methods you used to get them?

I made mine myself, and it didn't take too long to scratch up.
hope you find your shiny eventually! :)

I've completed the pokedex on emerald, so it's about time to start soft resetting for my shiny totodile. wish me luck. :D

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Definitely joining. I've been trying to get into shiny hunting this week, and I'm hunting a Swablu through MM. Currently at 78 tries. I also have a Tyranitar that I caught completely at random a few months ago. :D

Years
wait... I've just thought, I've not seen one person on youtube or anything get a shiny johto starter on emerald, is it even possible? if not then I'll have to take it to heart gold.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
wait... I've just thought, I've not seen one person on youtube or anything get a shiny johto starter on emerald, is it even possible? if not then I'll have to take it to heart gold.
Of course it's possible. It's 1/8192 chance for any non-event pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
Here is the video of me catching it in Pal Park. When I transfer it to White I will take pictures of all the stats (which you can see in the first video to confirm they are the same Pokemon.)

Oh my god, can you please explain how exactly you transfered a shiny from a rom to Black/White? I have a shiny Swellow that I would LOVE to have.

Drimza

Open up your senses.
Years
Currently no luck on my Cobalion hunt :( so i decided to take a break from that and practice chaining in Platinum (horrible at it lol)

And Landorus i believe you are correct and don't Ruby and Sapphire convert to the same RNG status as Emerald after their internal battery dies?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Currently no luck on my Cobalion hunt :( so i decided to take a break from that and practice chaining in Platinum (horrible at it lol)

And Landorus i believe you are correct and don't Ruby and Sapphire convert to the same RNG status as Emerald after their internal battery dies?

Yes it does. Also a small note, you can still RE for shinies with a broken RNG, I don't believe it affects it..if it does it's not that bad.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Psyduck, Lake of Retro!

Congrats on the shiny Shuckle, Landorus!

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club, Fireworks!

My Litwick hunt is currently at 1,655. I got what I wanted in IVs with my Axew hunt, so that has ended at 170.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
My opinion about using emulators to hunt shinies

To be honest, I think using emulator does give someone a reasonable doubt to think that it isn't fair to use them to get shinies, because not only you can speed up the game, you also have easier and more convenient access to using gameshark codes, which can then be used to easily obtain shinies. You also don't have to pay for the game, which then also questions the "legality" of using emulators to obtain the shinies or to even play the game (I mean, you are playing a game that someone else made without paying them like you're supposed to, right?).

However, if you aren't using gameshark codes and all that crap, or open like 30 VBAs and speed that up 2x (there's absolutely no way someone can SR with 60 gameboy/DSs, right), I don't see how that's any different from hunting with actual game.

tl;dr: As long as you're not using an emulator to unfairly increase the chances DRAMATICALLY (beyond the point where humans can't do the work), I think it's okay to use them.

Years
ah that's good then, because I've already done 400 soft resets over the last few hours including breaks. :P

Emerald has a broken RNG. I am not too sure on the details, but I think I am right. Hopefully someone will come in and correct me if not. In Emerald, your game has a number where when you hit that number a shiny appears. If you have an early number, you can SR for shinies. But if you don't have it you can't. The odds of having an early number are very low, lower than the chances of actually seeing the shiny.

That is why people stay away from Emerald because you don't know whether or not you're one of the people who has an early number or one who doesn't, and if you're one who doesn't you won't get a shiny.

I know someone who SRed for a Shiny Rayquaza for over 2 years on Emerald, totaling over 600,000 soft resets. Guess who never got it on Emerald? Apparently, this is common for people SRing on Emerald.

Then they switched to Ruby and got it in 1,000. lol

Soft reset using Heart Gold or Soul Silver. You see all three starters at once, and its RNG is fine.

I quit soft resetting for Mewtwo after 258 soft resets. Got bored lol. I went to Abra in the game corner. I did 10 soft resets and on Fire Red that's 550 Abra. I know I have somewhere between 400-600 already on my Leaf Green but I don't know, so I am just going to round down to 400.

So, I have a total of 950 Abras seen for that one..:3
oh, damn :( in that case I'll move over to heart gold. I wasn't fully aware of how different it was on emerald.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I am at 1375 Abras on Fire Red (that's including 400 I already did in the past.) Right now I am playing through my Leaf Green on my DS to get to Celadon City so I can hunt there too.

My opinion about using emulators to hunt shinies

To be honest, I think using emulator does give someone a reasonable doubt to think that it isn't fair to use them to get shinies, because not only you can speed up the game, you also have easier and more convenient access to using gameshark codes, which can then be used to easily obtain shinies. You also don't have to pay for the game, which then also questions the "legality" of using emulators to obtain the shinies or to even play the game (I mean, you are playing a game that someone else made without paying them like you're supposed to, right?).

However, if you aren't using gameshark codes and all that crap, or open like 30 VBAs and speed that up 2x (there's absolutely no way someone can SR with 60 gameboy/DSs, right), I don't see how that's any different from hunting with actual game.

tl;dr: As long as you're not using an emulator to unfairly increase the chances DRAMATICALLY (beyond the point where humans can't do the work), I think it's okay to use them.

Exactly, no one does that. When I was hunting for Shuckle I wasn't playing a 2x speed, I sped up the video just so the video wouldn't be long. :/ It was just like someone playing with two GBAs, which people do all the time. My computer barely ran at normal speed with 2 emulators open, I couldn't even speed the game up! lol My computer sucks so much.

Also, ROMs are not illegal everywhere. Where I live, ROMs are legal as long as you own the game. I own Fire Red..it's completely broken, but I own it, so it's legal. The legality of the game shouldn't change the shiny being legit.

A 1/8192 shiny is still a 1/8192 shiny no matter what you catch it on.

About cheat codes: You have the same access with normal games. You just don't have to buy a cheating device. In this thread I give people the benefit of the doubt when they say they got a shiny, I don't accuse them of hacking. I always show the cheat list on VBA when I do get a shiny (as you see in the Shuckle video) because that's the only way to prove you're not cheating.

Last edited:

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Emulators are perfectly fine with me.

By the way, I'm almost done with the main story of White, so I can shiny hunt again soon. :)
I'll use a random number generator to pick a non-legendary breedable Pokemon and start my hunting. Hopefully I can get started on that tomorrow.

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
Hm... This never posted. I might as well say it although debate is over.

I have no problem with ROM shinies. HOWEVER, I believe that savestates and sped up games should be banned. Fine, use ROMs, but you should have to hunt just like all of us with official copies. Just my two cents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got a shiny Chikorita the other day after just 426 SRs! I'll post info in a while.

EDIT: Uh, Lando? It's not possible to get any Altering Cave events without cheating...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Congrats on the promotion, Latios Master! I was looking through the old SHC club and ohhh boy you've been here since 2004! Overdue promotion, huh?

How DO you guys get soo many encounters.. Did I really read 18000 somewhere just now? I've hatched 15 eggs towards my shiny Tympole goal... I barely started on the route contest and it quickly ended. Maybe I'm just juggling too much at once, namely browsing PC or completing other video games. XD Congrats to those winners! The emblem is pretty sweet, huh? :)

As for the random-generator route contest, I got generation 3 and route 112. I'm considering hunting on Emerald because one, I could run in to a shiny Marill over a shiny Machop, and two, I know that my first shiny appears within ~45 seconds sooo it's a matter of waiting a bit instead of SRing like a mad person (tip to those hunting on Emerald: just wait to advance the RNG or else you will get the exact Pokemon if you always SR super fast!). ^^

Landorus, that's an epic shiny! Although I don't recall being able to obtain Dive Ball in FRLG, it's nice that you match Pokeballs with the colors. Now, are you implying that you are not opposed to altering the game to get to Birth Island / Navel Rock? Serebii's SHC had a problem with that. I'm upset to hear that the SHC is closed there. I owe a lot to Serebii even though I'm inactive there. Ahem, I owe them for encouraging me to do something with my real mystic ticket. :(

@rom debate
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#roms ?
Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?
"....whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet."

Although I consider Pokemon obtained from ROMs as legal (I do value them less because of the easily exploitable save states), I'm concerned about the misconceptions and dependency on ROMs. If you have retail carts, use them! If you want more games or consoles to hunt on, buy them. It's what I do. I don't really depend on ROMs. Don't engage in illegal activity and Santa should be able to give you another game, haha. ^^

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
Hey, sorry it has been so long since I posted. Summers are always a busy time for me. Anyways, last night I was continuing my Lapras hatching and starting to consider MMing for a different Pokemon for a while, when it finally hatched!

I finally got my shiny Lapras, just in time for bed. Good dreams. :)

Back