• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
....isn't Les Mis literally the longest running musical on Broadway? Either that or Phantom, but still...?
I swore I couldn't find results for a Les Miserables musical when I looked it up a bit ago. Nevermind, haha. v___v;; Yeah, it seems to have been first produced on Broadway in 1987, with another revival due 2014.

Years
I had a coworker who's going to see Les Mis. She asks me if I know what Les Misérables means in English. "The Miserables?" I say. "That's not a very inviting title." She didn't know what the story was about.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
oh good we're talking about Les Mis!

I was disappointed with the movie overall, but that was mostly because I didn't think Anne Hathaway (literally the only reason I went to see it, I hate Hugh Jackman) would die as early as she did. Once that happened, all the emotion from the movie was gone (Jean Valjean is not a good character and I don't care about him) and the only times I got emotional at all were at the end and when they sang Do You Hear The People Sing?

Anne Hathaway though. Far out, she was amazing. If she doesn't get the Oscar this year, there is something horribly wrong.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
the only times I got emotional at all were at the end and when they sang Do You Hear The People Sing?

Anne Hathaway though. Far out, she was amazing. If she doesn't get the Oscar this year, there is something horribly wrong.

You have to admit Empty Chairs at Empty Tables tugged at your heartstrings, especially with the power Marius sang it with. His voice was simply awestriking and the lyrics of the song in the context of the movie were just... I can't. xD; I agree that Hathaway should receive an Oscar for her performance and if she doesn't, someone somewhere is not having successful psychologist meetings.

Years
I like Anne Hathaway, but she probably won't get nominated. They'll probably nominate Helen Mirren, Judi Dench and/or Maggie Smith, Jennifer Lawrence, whoever stars in Zero Dark Thirty, and someone from small independent movie that only Mr Cat Dog has seen.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I'm working again so I'm finally gonna get around to seeing Les Mis on Saturday, I've abstained from listening to any of the songs that have leaked onto the internet because I don't want to ruin any of the experience for me, lol. I've especially tried to to avoid anything that features Anne Hathaway because I REAALLLLYYY don't want to hear anything from her before I watch the film, I'm soooo excited to see this!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
OSCAR NOMINATIONS AAAAAAH OSCAR NOMINATIONS AAAAAAAH!

Although, on topic, that Tom Hooper got snubbed for Best Director is not a great sign for Les Mis' hopes for Best Picture. Add Ben Affleck to that as well... looks like it's gonna be Lincoln. Still, exciting. :D

Shining Raichu

Years
I think, even if she doesn't take home the win as is rightfully hers, Anne Hathaway will at least be nominated. This movie is kind of a big deal and there has been so much Oscar buzz around her for the role that if she is snubbed entirely it would cause much raising of eyebrows in the Academy's direction.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - I should not have doubted SHAFT, that first episode was fantastic. The art, the music, the totally unexpected stuff that happened, the voice cast and characters. I loved every second of it.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Major Spice and Wolf vibes, almost skipped this but the first episode was pretty entertaining.

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman - If Robin Hood had superpowers he would be Roman. The pacing felt off in the season opener but I guess it gives the viewers a taste of what the show will be about. Lots of potential here.

Inferno Cop - Trigger saving anime.

Gintama - Oh my word we're finally getting the Courtesan of a Nation arc animated. It's going to be wonderful, and a decent number of episodes.

It's too early to say but this might actually end up being a god season for me.

Oh, I already dropped Tamako Market. KyoAni will never top Nichijou it seems.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Amy Poehler for Best Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series in the Screen Actors Guild Awards. Parks and Recreation is golden.

Shining Raichu

Years
aaa omg you sticked this thread i love you!

Also Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence got their awards today so I'm very happy!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I didn't see the whole show last night, but Anne Hathaway deserves everything she gets <3

Also, so so happy Adele won for her Skyfall song!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oh my God I totally forgot they were last night and now I'm throwing a mental fit because I missed them. Want to hit a wall. ;__; But yay Hathaway and Lawrence~ Happy to hear they got what they deserved.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It was a pretty good show actually. Tina Fey and Amy Phoehler were hilarious hosts. Wish that they were shown more throughout.

Shining Raichu

Years
Amy Poelher said:
Meryl Streep is not here tonight, she has the flu... and I hear she's amazing in it.

Tina Fey said:
Anne Hathaway, you gave a stunning performance in Les Miserables. I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were on stage with James Franco at the Oscars.

The two best lines of the entire evening lmao

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My favourite line in the ceremony was when Amy Poehler remarked, "When it comes to torture, I trust the woman who was married to James Cameron for three years!" Although my favourite segment of the ceremony was the Will Ferrell/Kristen Wiig introduction of the Comedy Actress Award:

"Judi Dench... where did she come from?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back