• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals new Ultra Beasts and a new Pokemon!

blue

gucci
Years
Read the article here!

New Ultra Beasts have been revealed in this months issue of CoroCoro!

Spoiler:

• The black Pokémon is called Necrozma and is a Psychic-type. It is said to be related to Solgaleo and Lunala.

Will bring more news as it comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Wow didn't expect CoroCoro coming out early this month.

But hey, at least we got Necrozma's official reveal! In case if you're wondering who Necrozma is, it was a Pokemon located next to the Ultra Beasts in the National Dex as revealed by the datamines of recent. It's a pure Psychic-type with a new ability called Prism Armor, which weakens super-effective damage taken similar to Solid Rock and Filter.

We also got the official art of the Ultra Beasts Kartana and Celesteela. Kartana is Grass/Steel and Celesteela is Steel/Flying, making these the first Pokemon with these type combinations outside of Skarmory and the Ferroseed line. Definitely loving their designs ever since they were first leaked. They also get an ability called Beast Boost, which is shared between all Ultra Beasts and raises the user's highest stat when it knocks out an opponent.

And we finally get confirmation of the Alola starters' secret! It's... exclusive Z-Moves, which was a bit disappointing especially for being kept secret for so long. Didn't help the datamine spoiled them as well. Decidueye's Z-Move is the Ghost-type Sinister Arrow Raid, Incineroar's Z-Move is the Dark-type Malicious Moonsault, and Primarina's Z-Move is the Water-type Oceanic Operetta. They all only work when the respective signature moves Spirit Shackle, Darkest Lariat and Sparkling Aria are used in battle.

Last edited:

MKC

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
Moon is seriously getting all the good UBs, I'm gonna have to get someone to trade with, Beauty and this new Bamboo one look really good. Not the biggest fan of the origami one however.

As for Necrozma I thought it looked a bit weird at first, but after realizing it is based on a Rainbow Prism I think it is an awesome design. It also reminded me that the codename for these games was Pokemon Rainbow, so it is probably going to be somewhat important.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Wow, I have no idea the final evolved form of starters will have their own exclusive Z-Moves, since I was wondering what does their secret holds as teased by Corocoro magazine months ago, but this makes me glad that the starters are treated as one of the VIPs in Sun and Moon. And the two Ultra Beasts in the latest issue sure looks unusual, it looks like they're like a tower or something, but sure they look flashy indeed c:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 14, 2017
It's quite vexing that Sun has the better exclusives but Moon has the better Ultra Beasts and cover mascot.

Necrozma is an interesting-looking Pokemon, I hope it has the backstory etc. to back it up...and isn't event-only. It's too close to the end of the dex for my liking. It has definite movie potential, though.

Celesteela is pretty cool, it's easily my second favourite design. Kartana just looks ridiculous, though. Like an origami sculpture on steroids.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Surprised that we're getting new information this close to release day

Necrozma isn't an Ultra Beast? I figured from its placement next to the Ultra Beasts that it was one of them, but I guess not.

Years
In case if anyone didn't know by now, Kartana is a Sun exclusive and Celesteela is a Moon exclusive. It's definitely interesting how Sun is getting all the more popular exclusives (like Alolan Ninetales and Midday Lycanroc) but Moon's getting the better Ultra Beasts.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
In case if anyone didn't know by now, Kartana is a Sun exclusive and Celesteela is a Moon exclusive. It's definitely interesting how Sun is getting all the more popular exclusives (like Alolan Ninetales and Midday Lycanroc) but Moon's getting the better Ultra Beasts.

If so, I think Game Freak have done a great job to balance who will lean to more popular Pokemon, or which one will be cooler, this makes me glad that I've pre-ordered both versions in a way :) But then, this makes me wondering which one will I main between Sun and Moon... this is hard!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
wait

alolan ninetales is Sun exclusive?

shit

oh well at least there's the trade corner lol

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Wow, Necrozma looks really cool! (In case if you're wandering... yes, I'm staying away from the datamine leaks. The only thing I saw was the Alola Pokédex, but I tried not looking to the UB's "section") If it's the "third legendary" (and not Marshadow???), I hope it participates in the plot somehow... Not like Zygarde, whose backstory wasn't explored in the game... It was just... there, waiting to be captured.

The new Ultra Beasts look really weird, not in a negative way. I don't dislike them, but they sure are strange XD Man, I can't wait to experience the whole UB's plot in the game... I hope I don't get spoiled because of the datamine. That's why I've been more inactive in this section...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Could that black Pokémon be Marshadow itself? So much for Gnoggin's Scorpion theory. These new Ultra Beasts are beginning to remind of that snowflake final boss from Gates of Infinity.

User19sq

I was quite confused to find Necrozma to not be an Ultra Beast like everyone else. I thought it was super awesome anyway, and was hoping something Ultra-Beast-y would come of it. But it's still freakin' awesome-looking.

Also, am I the only one concerned over how Incineroar's Z-Move is a

PELVIC THRUST?!

WOOOOOOOOH!!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Could that black Pokémon be Marshadow itself? So much for Gnoggin's Scorpion theory. These new Ultra Beasts are beginning to remind of that snowflake final boss from Gates of Infinity.

Necro comes before Marshadow in the Dex, so I doubt it.

I think this pokemon is different and is probably the 'Third Legend' since it is no longer considered an Ultra Beast. Marshadow is probably an Event Pokemon which will probably be similar to Lunala/Solgaleo's line and just hasn't had its new form yet.

Spoiler:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Pretty nice and unexpected reveals.

I liked the Origami Ub. Necrozma is pretty nice. Don't know how it relates to the legends but I look forward to seeing it.

Can't wait to get the games next week!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
No, the black pokémon is called Necrozma.

Necro comes before Marshadow in the Dex, so I doubt it.

I think this pokemon is different and is probably the 'Third Legend' since it is no longer considered an Ultra Beast. Marshadow is probably an Event Pokemon which will probably be similar to Lunala/Solgaleo's line and just hasn't had its new form yet.

Let me think it's Marshadow, dang it. I'm trying to avoid spoilers on what it actually looks like.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Whoa whoa whoa...

There has been nothing that says anything about Alola Ninetales and Sandslash being version exclusives. If it's true, I want a link to who said that was the case.

blue

gucci
Years
Whoa whoa whoa...

There has been nothing that says anything about Alola Ninetales and Sandslash being version exclusives. If it's true, I want a link to who said that was the case.

They are still considered as leaks, but you can see the full list of version exclusives here.

Years
Kartana and Celesteela's respective codenames are UB-04 Blade and UB-04 Blaster. That leaves Xurkitree and Guzzlord (the remaining two UBs) as UB-03 and UB-05 respectively.

Back