• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which Unova Pokemon would you want to own?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unova has tons and tonnnssss really cool Pokemon, a lot of which reflect real animals you could totally own as pets. Which would you want most as a pet / which Unova Pokemon do you think would be most common where you live?

Vragon

2611-Shiny-Fraxure.png

No contest!

For where I live, I'd say Snivy

Last edited:

Zenithios

To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy
Years
Hmm, honestly, a Deino would be awesome! I'd give that little dragon an Everstone and watch him run around the house

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Probably Oshawott I'd like most. The most common animals around my house are birds, so maybe Braviary would make a cool pet.

ScribblyGryphon

The Scribbliest Gryphon
Years
I live in an area overflowing with spiders, like they literally flow out of the walls and it's awful, so I think joltik and Galvantula would be extremely common ^^

As for owning as a pet.. I think a Purrloin or an Archen, they're both cuties <3

Years
hmmmm

Volcarona seems like a very interesting choice, although really it's huge as fuck and certainly will not fit inside an apartment.

so I guess Cinccino would do!

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Keldeo would make an awesome pet.
Common around here would be Snivy probably.

Years
I think Zorua would be a lot of fun to have as a pet. It would be small and easy to care for, not so different than a cat. The mon is comparatively non-destructive, its not like this lil guy is going to leave a trail of poison or fire wherever he goes. He's quite cute and has human intelligence. Most of all you are gonna have a great time playing pranks with his illusion ability.

Edit: I almost forgot! This critter is known for its loyalty.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
If you count Mythical Pokémon, I would surely go with Victini as my pet, along with Oshawott as well. They are sooo cute!

Speaking of the most common Unovian Pokémon, hmm... I think I might see several Pidove, Lillipup and Purrloin.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think Zorua would be a lot of fun to have as a pet. It would be small and easy to care for, not so different than a cat. The mon is comparatively non-destructive, its not like this lil guy is going to leave a trail of poison or fire wherever he goes. He's quite cute and has human intelligence. Most of all you are gonna have a great time playing pranks with his illusion ability.

Edit: I almost forgot! This critter is known for its loyalty.

Yeahhhh but you're also more likely to lose a Zorua! Illusion is the most dangerous ability for a Pokemon to own lol I mean you can lose a Zoroark too but... if you lose a Zorua you don't know if someone stole it or if it really is just an illusion lmao.

Years
Yeahhhh but you're also more likely to lose a Zorua! Illusion is the most dangerous ability for a Pokemon to own lol I mean you can lose a Zoroark too but... if you lose a Zorua you don't know if someone stole it or if it really is just an illusion lmao.

I've had pet rabbits before. I think Zorua wouldn't be half as tricky to keep track of.

I could hatch him from an egg and maybe he'll think of me as mum. Then I'll give my Zorua a soothe bell. Hopefully he'll like me enough to come back if he disappears for awhile. If he's stolen then woe be to his kidnappers...you don't want to cross the master of illusion lol!

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Purrloin kinda reminds me of my cat, so it would be a purrfect fit for me, haha. I'd also really like a Snivy, Minccino, Dewott, Petilil and Deerling as my companions. Zoura and Emolga would be for later, once I had more experience caring for Pok?mon.

As for common finds around here, I think Purrloin, Lillipup, Pidove, Deerling, Zorua, and Ducklett would fit. There are snake dens less than an hour away from my place, so Snivy and its evolutions would probably reside there. During the winter, Pidove and Ducklett would leave and be replaced by Cryogonal. TONS of them.

Back