• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
As an ex-S-Mod and Führer of PokéCommunity, I find it appalling that we at PC still have an antiquated swear filter in operation here. Because of it, you can't see my extraordinarily eloquent title for this article. I propose getting rid of it immediately and replacing it with a rule/guideline that states that aggressive language of any kind (be it swearing or not) should be punishable: it's not the words themselves, but how one uses them, that causes damage.

As I can foresee no opposition to this monumentally brilliant idea, if it has not been implemented by the end of the day, I'll be having words with Lerroux to sort this out.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I cracked up at the thread title when I saw it on the main page, not gonna lie..

But yeah, I agree that the swear filter sucks, I mean IMO, we should be able to curse like sailors if that's what we want! Though, I guess it IS technically a kids forum, so removing the swear filters and watching our months might work too.

Not that I trust some of the members with obeying if the filter is ditched.

Years
Holy **** I would kill to be able to swear ALL OVER THE FORUM. You even have dumb-asses on the censor. Talk about overkill, guys.

Besides all the 10-year-olds are all about dropping F-bombs into every other word anyway. It's nothing they haven't heard before.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Only if it's in the lounge. I'd rather not see swearing all over PC since everyone uses it so fucking unnecessarily.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I have a solution. Make the forum 18+. Get rid of all these kids and then we actually behave like real ****ing adults.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
lol but some of the mods are under 18. What are you going to do, fire them, or does the staff clause kick in?

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Staff > members. Every time. Who cares about the rest. I mean really.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Let's be honest here, kids start using swears at like 3rd to 6th grade. The problem isn't actually with the users themselves, but with the parents. We get one angry mom that sees one swear word and suddenly this place is a sanctuary and breeding ground for murderers and child rapists, or something like that. Angry moms are pretty annoying to deal with so I'd prefer not having to deal with it if we have to. Maybe for the staff and supporter forums though since they're hidden from normal members.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
But Digi, the "no swearing" rule is already without effect in the mod boards and the VIP forum is dead XD Your suggestion is pointless at this moment in time.

Years
****, no need to ***** up the ******* forum with these ****** changes.

Better yet let's just do what we did with the AFD a while back and use the darn filters to be like those Orbitz commercials.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I had no idea this thread existed. I don't check Staff Lounge enough lol.

I am so on board with this idea. If kids get to age 9 (the youngest I've ever seen on this site) without knowing what swearing is, then they have absolutely no business being on the internet anyway. I'm so sick of everything being about the children. Yes, Pokemon is targetted at children... but look around! How many of them are there? Everybody active on this site is at least a teenager!

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
I don't think Steve would want that. There's a reason he has a censor on here. I'll probably take some time to talk to him about this and see what he has to say some time today, but until then, this discussion shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Back