• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
haha. It just boils my blood when I see japanese kids use hacks in a no hack zone. It's making the Random Matchup Battles impossible and unfair. I had a friend from japan who had legitimately raised pokemon with great abilities and stats. That was a fair fight and a fun one at that! I only have a few hacks but those are for personal battles. I raised 56 pokemon to level 100 without any cheats. The easy way out isn't always the final solution. :( Wish Nintendo could see this.

I'll still to normal wifi battles with friends.

Well hopefully in Gen VI it will be more Secure

Years
I'm in the Chasm place and I see a bunch of small rocks that look breakable. Not sure if ths has been asked before, but why doesn't Rock Smash work?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
On the subject of rocks that look smashable, see Challenger's Cave. In B/W, it was a cave on Route 9 housing two main levels and where Riolu could be could (Lv.49-50ish). In B2/W2, it's caved in. Dangerous. Can't visit.

Cyclone

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm gonna ask this here although it's applies to both Black/White and Black 2 and White 2.

However my situation is for Black 2.

Say in Black 2 I had a Pokemon sleeping in the Dream World and then restarted my game, will I be able to transfer that Pokemon to my new game when I wake it up? And do I have to re-sync/un-sync my Game ID before being able to send Pokemon to my new file from the Dream World ?

Hope these questions make sense.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've never used DW, but I would presume if a sleepyhead comes from one game, it must return to that game. The second game has no knowledge of the sleeping Pokémon (what it is), and if it were able to receive it, it would be akin to a Trainer stealing another's Pokémon. You must trade as normal.

The better question is what happens to sleeping Pokémon in a restarted game.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you reset your game you have to make a new dream world account as you are given a new sync id. You can no longer sync your game to your current dream world account.

Treecko

Years
You are correct, the Pokemon must return to the game it came from.

Ok that basically means my Eevee's lost forever then. That's unfortunate.

I'm assuming that means I need to remove my last GameSync ID and change it/sync to my current one. How do I do that?

If you reset your game you have to make a new dream world account as you are given a new sync id. You can no longer sync your game to your current dream world account.
So as in a completely new Global Link account right?

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So once I finish my Pokemon White game, I was thinking about getting myself Pokemon BW2. But does it matter if I have Pokemon White and I decide to buy Pokemon Black 2? Or I should buy Pokemon White 2 since the first one I bought was White?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So once I finish my Pokemon White game, I was thinking about getting myself Pokemon BW2. But does it matter if I have Pokemon White and I decide to buy Pokemon Black 2? Or I should buy Pokemon White 2 since the first one I bought was White?
I have Pokémon Black and Pokémon White 2, so there's your answer.

The only inconsistency is via Memory Link. It doesn't pick up that Hilbert/you own(s) Reshiram, and N rides in on it during the one cutscene. It would have been neat if both cutscenes were in both games, and changed depending on the game linked to (thereby also changing which one you can catch) in the same fashion as Drayden talks about you back then. Otherwise, there's no difference I can think of.

Cyclone

Treecko

Years
Ok so I figured the question about the Game Sync ID I had earlier. Apprently in order to delete your current Game Sync Id, you can contact pokemon.com asking them to delete it:
support.pokemon.com said:
My game save has been accidentally deleted. I want to change the Game Sync ID to the newly issued one and link with the game. Can I continue to use the original PGL user history?

Unfortunately, while it is possible to delete the original Game Sync ID, you cannot link the original Pokémon Global Link (PGL) user history to the newly issued Game Sync ID.

In order to delete your Game Sync ID, we would need to confirm your registration. Please provide the following information by submitting a question at support.pokemon.com:
- Trainer Club account username
- PGL nickname
- Registered DOB, starting with the year
- The country you live in
- Current Game Card in use
- Currently registered Game Sync ID

When deletion of the registered Game Sync ID is completed, we will reply to your question. Then please register your new Game Sync ID.

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=334

Thanks for the help guys, I just contacted Pokemon.com about the issue so hopefully it's resolved soon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
explains lots of things. Ive been having issues with my EV count
That would do it.

Just as a note, all participants get EVs. Say you start a battle with Samurott (a la Hikari) and swap to Serperior (no la Hikari), then to Emboar, then to Gothorita, and finally to Minccino, with a Pikachu you imported holding an Exp. Share. All six of them will gain EVs (except when maxed out). Just like all participants get experience, all those also get EVs.

Another example: you have five Lv.1 Pokémon hatchlings, and want to train them. Let's assume you have five Exp. Share items. They all get one. Your trusty (insert your star here) fights an Audino and the others all gain levels. Once again, all six collect HP EVs.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back