• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Other Fanfic] Ice and Time

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 21: Meeting Shiba Family Members Part 2​

Lauren's POV

I use my symbol power to melt the snow pile. I hear a small groan and kneel in front of her and see the young woman open her eyes. I help her sit up.

"Thank you for freeing me," She says.

"You're welcome. I'm Lauren, what's your name?" I reply.

"Tracy. I know this is a strange question to ask someone who you only met a minute ago, but you and my friend Jayden look alike. Are you two related?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, we are. Jayden is my little brother. I'm his older sister," I answer.

Tracy tries to stand up on her own, but her arms are shaking as she gets a few inches off the ground. I help her stand after she tries two more times to get to her feet. I hear running footsteps and turn towards the sound. I see a five-year-old girl let go of my mom's hand. Tracy groans and the girl gives her a bear hug.

"Thank you for helping me, sissy," the girl says.

"You're welcome, Angela, but you shouldn't have followed me. I told you to stay at the Shiba house," Tracy says.

"So, Angelia is your little sister?" I ask.

"Angelia is one of them. I have one more little sister, Amelia, and little brother, Aaron. They are all 5." Tracy says.

After Angela lets her go, I feel Tracy's left arm slide off my shoulder. She drops to her knees and then rubs her temples. I see Tracy's morpher fall out of her jacket pocket. She picks it up before slowly standing back up. I catch her as she starts to fall back toward the ground.

"Sissy," Angelia shouts.

Tracy turns her head to look at her and says, "Don't worry Angelia, I'm okay I just got dizzy,"

Tracy starts to shiver as the wind begins to pick up. Mom and Francesca run up to us, and Tracy faints. Her face is slowly gaining a feverish appearance.

"is Sissy going to be okay?" Angelia asks.

"Don't worry, sweetie, your sister must have worn herself out by using all her symbol power to make that igloo to protect you from getting hit by the tree branch," Mom says as she crouches down and places her hand on Tracy's forehead.

"We should take her back to our place to rest," Francesca suggests.

"Good idea, I don't like the look of the sky," I say, looking towards the sky seeing dark cloud rolling in.

A few seconds later, I hear a stomach growl. I look over to see Angela's cheeks turn red and chuckle softly.

"it must be getting close to lunchtime," Mom says.

"I'm not sure cause' I'm still learning how to tell time and I don't have a watch," Angelia says.

Mom picks up Angelia, and we start heading to my secret training spot.

Isabella's POV

As we enter the cave, Lauren hands Tracy to Francesca. Lauren takes out her morpher and draws a symbol to light the fire. I see Angelia's eyes light up, watching my daughter use her symbol power. Lauren activates one more symbol, and a cot appears near the fire. Francesca walks over to it and lays Tracy down on it. She gets a blanket and drapes it over her. Then she picks up a bowl and fills it with water and dips a rag in it and puts it on Tracy's forehead. I set Angelia down as Lauren comes over to us.

"Why can Lauren use the fire symbol power? Isn't that Jayden's?" Angelia asks.

"Lauren is the red ranger too. She and Jayden are brother and sister." I reply.

" Why are they apart? Aren't families supposed to be together?" Angela asks.

"Lauren is training to master a special symbol to seal away Master Xandred," I say.

"Has she mastered it?" Angela asks.

"Yes, I have, but I need to stay here," Lauren says.

"Why don't you want to see your brother?" Angela asks.

"I do want to see him, but I have to wait till the right time," Lauren says.

"Why do you have to wait? Can't you come back to the Shiba house when Tracy is better?" Angela asks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 22: Meeting Shiba Family Members Part 3​
Lauren's POV

I look over at my mom before I answer Angela's question. Mom nods and I smile when I realize I finally get to see Jayden again.

"Yes, I can, but I'm not sure if I can stay,"

"Why can't you stay isn't the Shiba house your home?" Angela asks.

"It is, but there can only be one red ranger to lead the samurai rangers in the battle against Master Xandred and his nighlok army,"

"Why can't one of you act as a back up like how Amelia and I are going to be? What about training Jayden to use the secret symbol too?" Angela asks.

"Wow, Angela you are pretty smart for a five-year-old."

"Thank you, my mom says all the girls in our family are super smart," Angela says.

"Angela did make some good arguments to why I should stay at the Shiba house with Jayden and the other, so can I mom?" I ask.

"I'm fine with it, but we'll have to see what Jayden and Ji think," Mom says.

"I know they'll say yes," Angela says confidently.

"We'll just have to wait to find out when we get there," I say.

"Until then I'm going get started making lunch, I'm sure that Tracy will want something to eat when she wakes up," Mom says.

Normal POV

Twenty minutes later Tracy is gently awakened by the intoxicating, delicious aroma wafting from the pot over the fire where Isabella was finishing up the soup she made everyone for lunch. When Francesca notices Tracy's eyes begin to flutter and slowly open, she removes the cloth off of her forehead then replaces it with her hand.

"Good afternoon, Tracy, how do you feel?" Francesca asks.

"Much better, so what's lunch? It smells amazing," Tracy replies.

"Isabella is maker her signature energy restoring soup she makes for Lauren every day after she finished her morning of training," Francesca says.

Tracy get up, and they walk over to the others, Lauren looks over at Angela and sees a big smile quickly appear on the child's face watching her big sister coming over to them. Then everyone sits around the fire as Isabella starts to serve everyone.

"Thank you, for the soup," Angela says.

"Yes thank you for the food and for helping me out as well," Tracy says.

"You are very welcome," Isabella says.

After they finish eating, Isabella asks Lauren to get some more water from Spring Valley, so they have some to make dinner tonight and to do the dishes as well.

"I want to help bring the water back too," Angela offers quickly standing up.

"I think we should head back to the Shiba House. I'm sure that everyone is getting worried," Tracy says.

"We should help out since they helped us. I thought you say that paying it forward is the right thing do to and times like this," Angela says.

"Fine, Angela, you can help Lauren just listen to her and do what she says okay," Tracy sighs.

"I will I promise," Angela says.

Isabella chuckles as she watches Angela eagerly drag her daughter away down the path.

"I heard from Daisuke that you have an older brother, how come he isn't the one who is using your family's symbol power?" Francesca asks.

"Mom said that our family ice symbol passed down to the girls, so that meant that my brother Chris didn't inherit it like they thought when he was born," Tracy says.

"Is that why Angela has a morpher?" Isabella asks.

"Yes, and I know that I can't be mad at her or Amelia for inheriting it. Since neither of them can control that, but what hurts me the most is when I was their age, and Chris told them I could use it. They decided to have him continue to train even though they knew I was the one who was supposed to become the silver ranger." Tracy says.

"So, your parents decided to keep your destiny from you and let you live a normal life," Isabella says.

"Yes, and now I have to find some way to stop this war before things get too far out of hand," Tracy says.

"How to do plan to do that?" Isabella asks.

"I'm hoping that Daisuke knows if my family has some sealing symbol I can learn to keep my little sisters from having to fight," Tracy says.

Meanwhile, in the forest. Lauren and Angela arrive at Spring Valley. They walk up to the edge of the lake. Lauren didn't have any time to react to save Angela as they get blown into the water by a strong gust of wind. Lauren coughs as she clears her lungs after swimming back to the surface. The young woman hears a loud, frantic splashing sound behind her and turns around to see the Angela landed in the deepest part of the lake. The five-year-old is struggling to keep her head above the water. Lauren's heart skipped a beat as she watches Angela start to stink. She takes a deep breath and dives down to rescue her. As she brings her back to the surface, Lauren brings her back to the shore. She breathes a sigh of relief as Angela starts to cough clearing the water from her lungs.

"Angela, are you okay," Lauren asks.

"I think so, thank you for saving me," Angela says.

They stand up then Lauren quickly morphs when she hears footsteps and an evil laugh. She takes out her sword and tells Angela to go over the group of trees near her till it was safe to come out.

"I want to help you fight," Angela says taking out her morpher.

"You don't know how to, for now, the best way you can help is to get to safety," Lauren says.

Angela nods and runs over to where Lauren told her to hide.

Jayden's POV

I know Tracy would keep Angela safe if something terrible happened. I'm still worried that they haven't returned. My heart nearly jumps out of my chest when I hear the gap senor sound.

"What is that sound?" Amelia asks holding her hands over her ears.

Ji nods, and I press a button on the wall to put the sensor on silent mode.

"That's the gap sensor," Ji says.

"It tells us when a Nighlok has escaped the netherworld and come into ours," I add.

"So where is it?" Ashley asks.

Ji taps his hand on the coffee table in the living room. Amelia's eyes widen in amazement seeing the map appear.

"Spring Valley," Ji answers.

"I do not doubt our strength or anything, but do you think the three of us can handle this," Ashley says.

"I'll call Tracy, they rest of you get going," Ji says.

"Okay, Ji, let's get going rangers," I say.

We sprint outside and summon our horses. Then I nod to Antonio and Ashley.

"Go, Go, Samurai," Ashley and I shout.

"Samurai Morpher! Gold Power!" Antonio shouts.

After we morphed, we get onto our horses and race off through the front gate.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 23: Meeting Shiba Family Members Part 4​
Normal POV

Tracy starts to get worried since Lauren and Angela haven't returned. A few seconds later, she jumps when her Samuraizer rings. After her heart rate returns to normal as it can be since she is anxious about her little sister's safety as she slowly puts it up to her ear.

"Tracy, the nighloks started to invade there is an attack at Spring Valley. Jayden, Ashley, and Antonio will need your help," Ji says.

Tracy's heart is about to leap out of her chest as her anxiety turns to pure fear as she prays the Angela and Lauren are not in the middle of the attack. She tries to remain as calm as she can as she tells him that she's on her way. They hang up, and Isabella watches Tracy's hand is shaking like a leaf as she gets ready to morph for the first time. Isabella places her hand on top of Tracy's, and the silver ranger looks over at her.

"You're having doubts about whether you're ready to this right?" Isabella asks.

"Yes, and no offense but I'm not sure if there is anything you can say to help me since you haven't seen me train," Tracy says.

"I may not have seen you train, but I know you're ready. You were exhausted, and you still made that igloo to save your sister. Plus, it didn't crumble when a huge tree branch dropped on it. That proves how strong your symbol power is even when you don't have much left. You have to believe in yourself," Isabella says.

Tracy nods and Isabella moves her hand away as Tracy takes a few steps back from the entrance to the cave.

"Go, Go, Samurai!" Tracy shouts.

After she morphed, Tracy runs out and draws another symbol then her horse appears. The silver Ranger gets onto it and rides off. Two minutes later, she catches up with the others.

"Tracy, where were you," Ashley says.

"Yeah, we were starting to get worried," Antonio says.

"I meet Jayden's sister and his mom too," Tracy says.

"What," Ashley and Antonio gasp.

Meanwhile, Lauren back over to the lake and charges at the nighlok. It blocks her attack then kicks her. Lauren flies back into a tree. She lands on the ground demorphed and lifts her head to see the nighlok walking up to her.

"That little girl can't be the head of the Ice Shiba family, where is she?" the nighlok says.

"Why do you need to know?" Lauren asks.

"The fire Shiba family isn't only one with a sealing power," the nighlok says.

Lauren stands up and quickly morphs. Then picks up her sword and is about to spin the power disc.

"Blazing Strike," Jayden shouts.

A wave of flames flies over to the nighlok. It flies towards the lake and lands in it. Jayden and the others ride up to her. As Jayden gets off his horse, the other rangers are in shock as they watch Jayden and Lauren suddenly demorph.

"That proves to of the same ranger power can't be on the field at once," Tracy says.

"Look, we still have to deal with the nighlok," Jayden says. "I'll explain everything when we get back to the house," Jayden continues.

The group turns around to see an army of Moogers headed towards them. A few seconds later, Angela leaves her hiding spot and runs over to them.

"Angela, get out of here," Tracy shouts as she takes out a few moogers.

The nighlok sprints up, and Angela screams as it snatches her up. Then Tracy sees tears begin to form in little sister's eyes as the nighlok hovers its sword a few inches away from Angela's neck.

"Put, the girl down nighlok," Tracy demands.

"Not until you give me what I want Silver Ranger," the nighlok says."Give me the ice Shiba family sealing power or this little one will meet her end," the nighlok continues as it raises its sword about to slash Angela's throat.

"Hydro bow," a voice shouts.

They see the blue ranger running up holding his weapon in hands. Then he realizes the string and a blue blur fly over to the nighlok. It is sent flying back into the lake again. Antonio uses his super speed and zips over to Angela. He jumps into the air and catches her in his arms. The kindergartner warps her arms around his neck and starts crying. The other watch the nighlok get out of the water and watch as cracks being to form on its skin.

"You got lucky rangers, I'm drying you, but I'll be back," The nighlok says as it sneaks into a gap.

Tracy and Ashley demorph, then the group runs over to Antonio just the blue ranger comes over as well. Antonio carefully stands up and hands Angela to Tracy. Then he demorphs as well.

"So, what's your name?" Ashley asks.

The blue ranger demorphs and the young man holds out his hand, "I'm Kevin, it's nice to meet all of you, but I didn't know there is a gold ranger. I read the archives several times, and there is no reference to one."

"Yeah, I trained myself to be a samurai, and I built my morpher," Antonio says as he shakes Kevin's hand.

"Thank you for helping my sister, I owe you one," Tracy says.

"You're welcome, but why is she out here?" Kevin asks.

"I'll explain later," Tracy replies.

"I'd like to know how you got your morpher?" Ashley asks.

"How about we head back to the Shiba house," Jayden suggests.

"Good idea, it's a much safer place to talk than here," Tracy says.

The entire walk back to the Shiba house, all Tracy could think about was how she failed as the Silver ranger as well as a big sister. Angela could be dead or seriously injured if Kevin didn't show up when he did. Also, she was curious if what the nighlok said was true about her Shiba family having a sealing power.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 24: Angela's First Battle​
Normal POV

Ten minutes later, the group reaches the entrance to the forest when some more moogers attack them. Tracy looks down at Angela and kneels in front of her, placing her hands on her little sister's shoulder. She realizes that she is going to have no choice but to have her help them fight them. Since she and the others haven't fully recovered from the previous battle.

"Angela, I know Kevin may not like this idea, but we are going to need your help fighting off these moogers," Tracy says.

"You're right, Tracy, I think your idea is terrible. I mean how much damage can a five-year-old to a mooger when it's twice her size?" Kevin says.

"We don't have to argue about this Kevin, none of us have much symbol power left after fighting that nighlock earlier," Ashley says.

"So, do I get to morph?" Angela asks.

"Yes, so that means I won't be able to. Are you ready?" Tracy asks.

Angela nods confidently and eagerly takes out her morpher. Tracy smiles as Anglea mimics her older sister and perfectly paints the ice symbol then morphs into a mini silver ranger. Everyone but Tracy and Lauren morph again, and they charge in towards the moogers. Kevin takes over the five moogers that ganged up on him and is impressed when he looks to his right, seeing Angela copying his last attack with her sword as she takes out a mooger.

Tracy turns around to see the moogers deiced to pick off Angela. They thought she was an easier target due to her size and lack of training. Tracy decides to help her little sister out. She uses her blizzard symbol power to make a mini ice rink underneath the moogers feet.

"Angela, how about we teach these moogers what the words Teke, Ruka, and Teleza mean in English?" Tracy shouts.

Angela jumps into the air while Tracy flips over to her sister's side. They land on top of the ice. The sisters shout Teke as the girls perform a stomp kick to the moogers stomach. The moogers fall into their backs and slide down the ice and make the rest of them fall over like dominoes. They crash into a tree; then slowly start to stand up.

"Can we do a double finishing move?" Angela asks.

"I don't think I have enough symbol power left to do that, so I'm going to have to tell you how to do it by yourself," Tracy replies.

After Tracy gives her sister the directions on how to do it, Angela follows her sister's instructions exactly.

"Frostbite," Angela shouts as she jumps into the air slashing it with her sword.

Kevin and Lauren are in shock. Angela's attack didn't take the moogers that attacker her, but the reminisce also destroyed the ones they were fighting as well. Tracy jumps into the air and gets behind her sister when she sees the kick from the attack sending Angela flying backward towards a tree. The last thing Tracy remembers before things faded to black is her teammates shouting her and Angela's name, as well as the clacking sounds from their swords as they hit the ground.

Isabella's POV

I wasn't too concerned when Lauren didn't return so I told Francesca that we should head to the Shiba house. We met Tracy's family and learned more about the oldest child Chris. He was in a car accident, and the doctors found a tumor on his brain.

"I'm sure Tracy was upset when you told her about the tumor," I say, "Even though I'm sure she is happy that it's not cancerous, Tracy must be worried about how Chris will be after he recovers from the surgery," I continue.

"Wow, I'm amazed how well you can read into our daughter's thoughts and feelings, especially after knowing her for only a few minutes," Ballade says.

"Believe me, Ballade, one mother to another, I'm just following my maternal instincts and nothing more," I say.

A few seconds later, Arron bursts into the room with tears rolling down his face.

"Arron, what's wrong sweetie?" Ballade asks.

"Tracy and the others are back. They got attacked, and Sissy and Angela got hurt," Arron answers trying to hold back his tears.

Ballade, Fiacre and I quickly get up from the table, and we immediately leave the kitchen then head to the recovery room. We enter to see Francesca place a damp cloth on Angela's forehead then wraps her right wrist up with a bandage. Ji is carefully trying to stitch a cut closed on Tracy's back. I go over to him to help him. I see several splinters stuck in her back.

"Ji, what happened during the fight?" I ask.

"Tracy had no choice but to have Angela morph to help the other fend off some moogers. When she had Angela use their family's final attack, the backlash sent Angela flying back towards a tree." Ji explains.

"I'm guessing, from how Tracy has more serious injuries that she must have used her body as a shield to protect Angela," I say.

"I wouldn't put it past her since Tracy was just doing what she thought was right, being her older sister," Ji says.

I help him wrap a dressing around Tracy's back to cover the spots where the splinters where removed. Then Ji carefully rolls her over to lay her down on the bed. A minute or two later, Tracy's eyes dart open, as she winces in pain when she quickly sits up. Then Arron runs up and gives her a big hug.

"Arron, careful, sweetie, your sister is going to be sore," I say trying to pull him away.

Tracy turns her head, and I see tears begin to form in her eyes.

"Tracy, what's wrong?" I ask.

"I knew we were tired from battling a nighlok before the moogers attacked us. But I still made the wrong decision asking Angela to help us. She could have gotten seriously injured," Tracy says.

After I pry Arron away, Ballade and Fiacre come over. I hand Arron to Fiarce. Ballade wipes the tears away from Tracy's eyes, before slowly laying her back down on the bed.

"Tracy, Honey, you shouldn't be beating yourself up like this," I say, "Even though right now it may feel like you've made the wrong choice. But, you didn't, having Angela help you was the only option all of you had at the time," I continue.

"Isabella is right. Tracy, no one is going to get mad at you; all you were doing was trusting your instincts." Ballade says.

"Yes, and for that, we're proud of you," Fiarce says.

"Don't worry about Angela. She is going to be fine. All you need to do right now is try to get some rest," Ballade says.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 25: Calling the Team​

Tracy's POV

Antonio and I are walking around the park with Aaron and Luna. I let my little brother hold onto Luna's leash because I'm confident enough that he can control her and that Luna wouldn't pull at all. Once we reach the playground, Aaron quickly gives the leash to me before running over to a group of kids. I hear him ask if he can join in their game of hide-and-seek. One of the kids says yes. Once the little boy who was it finished counting, he went off searching for the others. He finds Aaron first, and they go over to an alleyway. Antonio and I follow them to make sure they don't try to climb into a dumpster. The little boy looks into a gap, and a few seconds later, a group of twenty or so moogers appears. Antonio runs over and saves the little boy before a mooger can hit him with its sword. Aaron sprints over to me.

"The crack in the wall was a gap, right?" Aaron asks.

"Yes, I'm going to send you back to the house. Antonio and I can handle the moogers," I say, double-checking that no one can see me, then I activate the teleport symbol.

I draw the blizzard symbol while the snow whips around the moogers temporally blinding them. I quickly morph. Then I draw my sword and charge towards them. I'm able to take out ten then glace over towards the gap to see more moogers escaping, along with the nighlok that attacked us, at Spring Valley appear. After the army of moogers back me up against the dumpster, I take out my morpher and use the hail symbol to drive them back. I must have used my full power because I groan as the kickback from activating it sends me flying backward.

Normal POV

Tracy demorphs when she lands and looks up to see the nighlok charge her. She tries to get up as quickly as possible to defend herself, but a dizzy spell hits her, then collapses to the ground. Antonio morphs and uses his super-speed to go over to her taking out the moogers along the way. He helps her up, and they see their teammates running over to them. Tracy takes a few steps away from Antonio. She tries to morph again but passes out a few seconds later. Antonio nods and heads back to the Shiba House. Lauren and others manage to get the nighlock to dry out, and it escapes back to the netherworld through the gap. They gather in front of the crack in the wall.

"Lauren, I think we need to contact the rest of the team," Ashley says.

"You may be right, Ashley. The nighlok attacks have escalated over the past week." Lauren says."Let's head back to the house," Kevin says.

The group arrives at the house and walks into the recovery room. Tracy is sitting up in the bed. She has her right arm in a sling.

"I'm sorry about not being there to help you guys. It looks like I need to train harder," Tracy sighs.

"Tracy, don't be so hard on yourself," Antonio says, "The moogers and that nighlok ambushed us, and they were relentless. Any strong warrior would have run out of steam after a difficult battle like that," Antonio continues.

"Antonio is right, even when we had four rangers to fight that nighlok we couldn't defeat it. " Ashley says.

"So, does that mean it's time to contact the other three members of the team?" Tracy says.

Lauren nods, and Ji walks in carrying a bow and a sheath with three arrows inside. Each one has a colored ribbon attached to it, the same one as their respective receipts ranger color. Antonio helps Tracy out of bed, and everyone heads back outside. Ji hands everything in his hands to Lauren. She walks down the stairs, and Tracy notices her hands shake as she shoots each arrow into the sky.

An hour later, Lauren and Tracy, along with Isabella, head to the airport to meet the rest of the team. Tracy is tapping her fingertips on the armrest as the trio sits in chairs, waiting for the plane to land. Isabella places her hand on Tracy's wrist, "Hey, I know you want to make a good first impression, but Lauren should be more nervous than you. She is the leader after all,"

"I know, but I still haven't found out if my family has a sealing power or not," Tracy says.

A few seconds later, the announcement for the plane the rest of the rangers were flying in on was landing came over the speaker. They get out of their seats and look over at the gate and sees a 5' 8" tall boy with brown eyes wearing a green jean jacket and black jeans. Just by how he keeps his hands in pockets as the group stands in front of them, Tracy can tell he has a very laid back personality. The two girls, one with long black hair and brown eyes, is wearing a gray long-sleeve cover all and a gray and black striped tank top black leggings and tennis shoes. Tracy can easily pick up on her caring nature, so she is happy there will be another older sister figure for Amelia and Angela to have by there side while they train as Samurai Rangers. The other has long blonde hair and black eyes. She is wearing a yellow sweater layered over a white shirt, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes, with a book bag on her back. Tracy could sense that the girl is nervous like she is trying to fill someone else's shoes - like she wasn't the one who was supposed to be the yellow Samurai Ranger.

"I think we should continue this in the car, to you know to protect our identities," Tracy says.

"Good idea," Lauren says.

Everyone heads out to the car, and Lauren lets Tracy sit in the front seat. After Lauren introduces herself to everyone, the girl that gave Tracy a big sister vibe is the first to say a word.

"I'm Mia, the pink ranger," Mia says.

"I'm Mike, the mighty green ranger," Mike says.

"I'm Emily, the yellow ranger," Emily says.

"I'm Tracy, the silver ranger. Also, my little sisters, Amelia and Angela, are rangers too." Tracy says.

"How old are they?" Mike asks.

"They are five," Tracy says, "But, we only found out a few months ago that the girls can only use our family's symbol power. I spent all of my life living like a normal kid. I've been taking ballet classes since I was four. When I turned thirteen, I dream about one day getting into Juilliard. My ballet teacher told me that I need to have some modern dance skills as well, so I signed up for those classes," Tracy continues.

"Your mother told me about how last year the school picked you out of all the other students in your age group to apply to Julliard and even paid to fly you and your parents to New York for the audition," Isabella says.

"Yes, and I was beyond nervous that I wasn't going to make it past the Modern round of the Audition," Tracy says.

"Did you get in?" Mia asks.

"I got an email a few months ago that said I'm on the waiting list, but after I did some research, I learned that the school only accepts four students off the list a year," Tracy says.

An hour later, everyone is sitting around the coffee table in the living room. Isabella suggests the team plays a game of shoots and ladders with their zords as a way to get to know each other more. Tracy never really liked the 'breaking the ice games' back on the first day of freshman year in high school, so she lets one her little sisters take turns and activates the zord to make it move around the board after one of the girls rolled the dice.

"Yes, team snow leopard wins again," Amelia cheers as the folding zord reaches the end of the path for the second time.

"How come they kept getting double sixes every time either one of them rolled the dice?" Mike groans.

"Mike, I did warn you that my little sisters are good at board games," Tracy says.

"Fine, let's go again, but this time I want Angela to team up with me," Mike says.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 26: A Hidden Pain and A Frozen Solution​

Normal POV

Two days later, everyone is outside with easels in front of them. Ji walks behind them and says, "There is more to being a Power Ranger than mastering a sword." He stops and stands behind Lauren and continues, "You must also learn how to use your inherited Samurai symbol." As she completes painting the fire symbol, it activates and the bristles are set ablaze as Lauren lifts the brush off the paper.

"Wow, that was cool," Amelia says as she watches Lauren blows out her brush like it was a birthday candle.

Kevin gets splashed in the face as he activates his water symbol. A small stone falls on his foot when Emily's earth symbol activates. A light breeze wafted through Mia's hair when she finished painting the wind symbol on the paper. Tracy hasn't mentioned the pain she felt in her stomach that been going on for the past few days. She just thought it was just the normal cramps that warn her about her monthly visit from mother nature, or her samurai instincts trying to prepare her for the next attack, so she is just ignoring it. Tracy is so distracted by the thoughts that her family may have a sealing power she doesn't see the ice shards and snowballs coming towards her after Angela and Amelia move to their right after they finish painting the ice symbols.

"Tracy, look out," Lauren shouts.

Tracy snaps back to reality and turns her head. She takes out her samuraizer and quickly activates the glacier symbol as the wall of ice appears in front of her. When the snowballs come in contact with it, a giant hole is made, allowing them to fly through. Tracy groans as they hit her in the stomach, and quickly she drops to her knees.

"Sissy," Amelia and Angela shout.

Antonio helps her up, and Tracy sees the tears building up in her little sister's eyes as they run over to her.

"We're sorry, sissy," Amelia says.

"Don't worry, you two, I know you didn't mean it. You're still learning," Tracy says.

"I can't believe how strong their symbol power is, and they haven't even mastered it yet," Mike says.

Tracy walks over to Mike and sees that a jumbled mess of stokes on the paper. "Thank you for the compliment, Mike, but at least they paid attention when I show them the correct order of the stokes to paint the symbol correctly."

"Tracy is right, Mike. The order of the stokes is wrong," Ji says as he comes over as well.

"Okay, I get it. I need to practice," Mike says.

Then suddenly, Tracy drops to her knees again as she feels a sharp pain in her stomach on the lower right side.

"Tracy, are you sure that you're alright?" Ji asks as he helps her stand up.

"Yes, I'm fine. I need to head inside and rest for a bit, that's all." Tracy says.

"Okay," Ji says.

Tracy slowly walks into the house.

"Are you okay?" Isabella asks.

"Yes, I'm just a little tired from using a bit more symbol power than I thought when Amelia's ice symbol got a little out of control," Tracy says.

Isabella didn't have a chance to bring up the fact to Tracy that she noticed that she hasn't been acting like her usual self the past few days. Tracy politely excuses herself to go to her room so that she could rest. As she lays down on her bed, she lets out a low moan as she drifts off to sleep. Ten minutes later, Luna walks in the room to wake Tracy up. The puppy nudges her owner with her nose, but Tracy doesn't move or even make a sound. Luna could sense that something wasn't right, so she turns around and sprints out of the room. The puppy gets outside and tugs on Ji's kimono.

"What's wrong, girl?" JI asks as he kneels in front of her.

Inside the house, Isabella goes to check on Tracy after seeing Luna running outside so fast as she did. She goes into her room.

"Tracy, how are you feeling?" Isabella asks as she walks over to the bed.

Panic and her maternal instincts kick in as she places her hand on Tracy's forehead.

"Tracy, can you hear me?" Isabella asks.

Tracy didn't respond, and Isabella's anxiety level continues to rise after not getting an answer for the second time.

"Ji, Ballade, get in here now," Isabella shouts.

A few seconds later, everyone enters the room. Ballade goes over to them.

"What's wrong with her, mom?" Amelia asks.

"I have a hunch; it might be appendicitis from the way she is holding herself," Ballade says as she notices that her oldest daughter is lying on her side, holding her stomach.

"We need to get her to the hospital now," Antonio says.

"She is going to be okay, right, mom?" Angela asks.

"Don't worry, sweetie. Your sister is going to be alright. But, Antonio is right; we need to get her to the hospital as soon as we can. She is going to need surgery," Ballade says.

Ballade's POV

The wait for the ambulance to arrive feels like an eternity. I know that Tracy's life is hanging in the balance. I can't tell the little ones that because there is no way to know if Tracy's appendix was just inflamed or of it may have burst. When the paramedics arrived, I show them to the room. I follow them out to the vehicle. Aaron runs after me and is about to climb inside.

"Honey, you can ride with me. I want to go with the others, okay?" I say.

"Okay, mommy," Aaron says.

The paramedic closes the door, and I sit down in the seat next to me. I buckle up, and my heart thumps inside of my chest as the ambulance drives off. I look over at the monitor and see that blood pressure is low and she has a fever. I couldn't help but feel a slight twinge of guilt because I never talked to her when I first noticed she wasn't acting like herself. I wish I knew why she didn't mention that she was in pain before now. The doors swing open again, and the paramedic brings Tracy inside, I tell the doctor her symptoms.

"I'm afraid that my daughter's appendix may have ruptured," I say.

"Ma'am, are you a nurse or have a medical degree? How did you know that?" The doctor asks.

" Yes, I'm a nurse and her mother. " I say, "Now, could you just order some imaging and then prep her for surgery." I snap.

Another nurse walks up to me and puts her hand on my shoulder to calm me down. Tears begin to form in my eyes as and I'm no longer able to act professionally when my maternal instincts kick into overdrive. The doctor takes Tracy away, and the nurse walks me to the waiting room.

A few minutes later, everyone comes into the room. Amelia, Angela and Aaron sprint up to me with tears streaming down their faces. After my husband, Isabella, and I do our best to calm them down. We all sit down and wait for the doctor to come out. Five minutes pass and a nurse comes out, and I go over to her.

"Where is the doctor?" I ask.

"Still in surgery. Do you know anyone who has the same blood type as your daughter? " the nurse replies.

"I'm afraid that no one in our family has the same blood type as Tracy," I say.

"I wouldn't be asking if our blood bank wasn't so low. We're going to need to find someone fast who would be willing to donate it here and now." the nurse says.

"What's Tracy's blood type? Maybe I can help," Antonio says.

"It 's AB+," the nurse says.

"I have O-," Antonio says.

"Antonio, are you sure that you want to do this, bud?" Jayden asks.

"Yes," Antonio says.

The nurse takes Antonio to the back, and after he returns, we wait another five minutes until the doctor comes out. He allows only Fiarce and me to go back to see Tracy.

"The surgery went as well as we all hoped it would," the doctor says.

"So, her appendix did rupture?" I ask.

"Yes, and her body is weak from trying to fight off the infection," the doctor replies.

"Do you have any idea when it happened?" Fiarce asks.

"I'm not sure, Mr. Burlew, but your daughter was walking around with it for a while from how big the abscess was." the doctor says.

"Thank you, doctor, for saving her life," I say.

The doctor leaves so we can have some privacy.

"Mom, Dad, I'm sorry I let you and everyone else down," Tracy says in a tired voice.

We walk over to her bed, and Fiarce puts another pillow behind her back to help her sit up.

"Sweetheart, you don't have to apologize," I say, brushing some of her hair away from her face.

"Your mother is right, we're just so happy that you're okay," Fiarce says.

"Us too, sissy," Amelia says.

I turn around to see Ji, Antonio, and Isabella walk in along with the triplets.

"Yeah, and you even have Antonio's blood inside you now," Aaron says.

"Really?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, I donated some of my blood to help the doctor out," Antonio says.

"Can we give sissy a hug?" Aaron asks.

"Not right not, bud, Tracy is going to be sore from the surgery," I say.

"Tracy, why didn't you tell anyone that you were in pain," Ji asks.

"I thought it was my samurai instincts working overtime, but it turns out that is was just my body trying to tell me that something was wrong," Tracy replies. "I didn't have any intention of scaring any of you like I did, honest," Tracy continues.

"We know, sweetheart, but next time don't try to mask any pain, okay?" I say.

"Okay," Tracy says through a yawn.

"Come on, everyone, we should head back to the house, so Tracy can rest," I say.

Normal POV

Everyone is sitting in the living room around the coffee table.

"When can sissy come home?" Aaron asks.

"If she just had an appendectomy, she would have to stay one to three days, but Tracy's appendix ruptured. So, she'll have to stay a little bit longer," Ballade says.

"How long is a little bit longer?" Aaron asks.

"Probably two to three more days. It will depend on what the doctor thinks is best," Ballade replies.

"Why was Tracy so distracted during training this morning?" Ji asks, slightly changing the subject.

"Tracy was curious whether or not her family has a sealing power like ours," Lauren says.

"If Tracy's family does have a sealing power, I'm sure that she would try to master as quickly as possible so Tracy could stop the war with Master Xandred to prevent Amelia and Angela to have to fight," Antonio adds.

"I thought Tracy was okay with them having to fight alongside us?" Mike asks.

"I'm pretty sure that my daughter has accepted the fact that she can't change the fact Amelia and Angela have inherited our family's symbol power. But, she wants to avoid sending them out into battle because she fears that they are still too young to handle the responsibility and the stress that comes with having to help the rest of you save the world," Ballade says.

Ballade sets a book down on the coffee table. Everyone looks at it to see a picture of the sliver ranger along with a sealing symbol next to it.

"But, when you were training me in our family's symbol, Mom, you said that it requires a massive amount of symbol power to make the seal permanent. " Lauren says.

"Yes, that's true, but our family's sealing power only seals away Master Xandred," Isabella says.

"So, what does this one do?" Antonio asks.

"It will seal all the gaps in the city," Ballade says.

"If Tracy, Amelia, and Angela all inherited your family's symbol power. Wouldn't that mean that all of them need to master the sealing power?" Lauren asks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 27: News about Julliard​

Ballade's POV

"No, Lauren, only one member of the ice Shiba family can master the sealing power. That duty goes to the oldest female child," I explain.

"Even if that weren't the case, Tracy wouldn't even allow Angela or Amelia to learn it," Antonio adds.

"Why not, she lets us train," Amelia says.

"Tracy may have accepted the fact that the two of you inherited your family's symbol power and lets you train. Even though she still doesn't like the idea of having you fight," Ji says.

"She let me fight that nighlok that one time," Angela says.

"Tracy let you do that because all of us we're too worn out from battling it once before," Lauren says.

"Mom, before sissy got the arrow she was waiting to hear from Juilliard, will she still be able to go to the school if they pick her name off the waiting list?" Amelia asks, slightly changing the subject.

"Juilliard is a tough college to get into, so the admission board placing her on the waiting list means that she must have impressed them at her audition," Kevin says.

"What college has you to go to an audition to even get into?" Mike asks.

"Juilliard is a performance art college," Ashley says.

"Tracy has had her heart set on getting into the school since she turned 13," I say.

"What if she didn't get in?" Kevin asks.

"She told us if that happened, she'd go to Michigan State to get a degree in Veterinary medicine," I reply.

A few seconds later, Aaron walks in, holding Tracy's cellphone. I see she had one missed call after Aaron hands the phone to me. I'm not sure how to unlock the screen. So, I give it to Ashley since she knows to access the home screen.

"So, who called sissy?" Angela asks.

"The admission's counselor from Juilliard," Ashley replies.

"I'll call the counselor back. The school needs to know that Tracy is in the hospital," I say.

Ashley nods and taps the screen to make the call. She puts it on speakerphone then places the phone down on the coffee table.

"Hello, Tracy, thank you for getting back with me so quickly." a woman says.

"This is her mom. I called back to inform you that Tracy had a medical emergency and will be in the hospital for the next five days due to appendix rupturing. The doctor said she would make a complete recovery," I say.

"Thank you for letting me know. I'm glad to hear that Tracy will be alright," the woman says.

"Is sissy going to your school in the fall, ma'am?" Angela says.

"Who was that?" the woman asks.

"Sorry, the call got put on speakerphone, that was one of Tracy's little sisters, Angela, she is excited for her," I say.

"That's fine, I was just about to send Tracy an email to inform her about registering for the fall semester, but the internet at the school been down since last week," the woman says.

"Will Tracy sill be able to make registration?" I ask.

"I'm afraid not the cut-off date is in two days," the woman says.

"Can't you give her more time? It wasn't her fault that her appendix broke," Angela says.

"I'm afraid not, but the best I can do is try to hold a spot for Tracy to attend next fall," the woman says.

"Thank you, ma'am, and I'll tell Tracy the next time we go and visit her," I say.

"You're welcome, and thank you for filling me in on Tracy's condition. Have a nice day," the woman says as she hangs up.

Normal POV

The next day Ballade and Antonio heads to the hospital to visit her daughter. They walk into Tracy's room while she is finished eating breakfast.

"Hi, honey, how are you feeling today?" Balade asks.

"Still a little sore, but other than that, I'm good," Tracy replies.

"That's good to hear, sweetheart," Ballade says.

"We have good news that will hopefully brighten your day," Antonio says.

"Did I get a call from the admission's counselor from Juilliard?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, sweetheart, but you will miss registration for the fall semester," Ballade says.

"So, I get into my dream school, but thanks to one of my internal organs bursting, I can't go," Tracy says wobbly, as tears build up in her eyes.

"Honey, the admission's counselor from Juilliard, said that she would try to hold a spot for you to attend next fall," Ballade says.

"But, there is no way to be certain that we'll defeat Master Xandred in time for me to even go," Tracy says.

"Tracy, your mom, did tell us about a way for us to seal all the gaps in the city," Antonio says.

"Wait, my family does have a sealing power?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, sweetheart, but I don't want you to try to master it until I say that you're ready, okay?" Ballade says.

Tracy nods. A few seconds later, Antonio's morpher rings, he answers it. Ji tells him about the nighlok attack.

"I'm on my way, Ji," Antonio says as he hangs up.

"Be careful, Antonio," Tracy says.

"I will, and don't worry about Amelia or Angela having to take your place. No matter which one is out in the field, I'll have their back," Antonio says.

"Thank you, now go, the others need you," Tracy says.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 28: Another Family Secret​

Normal POV

Five days later, Tracy's parents haven't slept all night. They sit up in the bed. Ballade is worried about telling her daughter about the family's sealing power. Fiarce has a different thought on his mind. He knew that he and his wife had kept a huge secret from their oldest daughter about why she doesn't look like them.

"Ballade, my love, I think we need to tell Tracy about how she became a member of our family," Fiarce says.

"Fiarce, we can't tell Tracy truth about Aunt Jacqueline being her mom and being a samurai ranger. She already has gone tough a lot after we told her about Chris's condition." Ballade says.

"I know, Ballade, but we kept this secret from her for way too long. We need to tell her, the guilt is starting to eat away at me," Fiarce says.

"I know, dear," Ballade says, as she leans over and kisses him on the cheek, "The guilt is ding the same thing to me as well, but Tracy's appendix did burst. The doctor did say she is strong enough to come home today, but Tracy is still going to be sore when she tries to move around. " Ballade continues.

"I know, but how much longer are we going to keep putting it off?" Fiarce asks.

"Two more days, honey, four at the most. Then we'll tell Tracy about Jacqueline," Ballade says.

Tracy's POV

I'm so happy that I get to go back to the house today. I do hate it that I won't be able to go to my dream school because of the whole Samurai ranger thing. My doctor told me that I'd experience some soreness while I move around, but that is normal. It will go away in a few days. When mom came to pick me up, I see that she had a nervous look on her face as we walked out to the car.

"Mom, are you still mad at me for not telling you about the pain I was going through?"

"No, sweetheart, I'm not mad at you. Everything is okay, your father and I were thinking about Aunt Jacqueline, that's all." Mom says.

Five minutes later, we get back to the house. Mom and I walk into the kitchen. Everyone is there except for Antonio. I figured he was out doing a little fishing like he did every morning after he got back from walking Luna. Aaron gets up from his chair and runs up to me. I groan as he gives me a big hug. A few seconds later, I start to see stars when Amelia and Angelia sprint into the room then hug me as well.

"Okay, you three, let your sister go before she faints," Mom says.

After the triplets let me go, I hear the clicking sound of Luna's claws as she runs down the hallway into the room. I turn around in time to crouch down, she knocks me to the floor and starts to lick my face. Once I tell Luna to stop, I slowly stand up, holding Luna in my arms.

"Sissy, can yo help Angelia and me master the glacier symbol, after breakfast?" Amelia asks.

"Amelia is the only one who needs help, I've already mastered it," Angelia says,

"No, you haven't," Amelia snaps.

"Regardless of whether or not Angelia has mastered it. We still can head outside so I can see you two practice it. That way, I can help you," I say, placing Luna down on the floor.

Amelia and Angelia grab me by the hand. Then happily pull me out the door to head outside. Mom stops them by standing in the doorway.

"Slow down, you three. Tracy, sweetheart, I admire your dedication, but you shouldn't rush back into training," Mom says.

"Aww, man," Angelia and Amelia groan.

"Your mother is right, you may have regained your strength, but you shouldn't overdo it by forcing yourself to move too quickly," JI says.

"Plus, you do look like a zombie with those bags under your eyes," Mike adds.

"Mike," Ashley snaps as she slaps him in the gut.

"Sorry, but it's true," Mike says.

"Relax. Mom, I wasn't going to use any of my symbol power to show them how to do it. I was going to watch them and see if they were doing anything wrong, then give them pointers on how to do it correctly, that's all," I continue.

"That's fine, but give me your samuraizer," Mom says.

I sigh as Angela and Amelia let go of my hand. I go back to my room, put my things away, and pick up my samuraizer off the desk. I go back to the kitchen, give it to her, then we head outside.

Normal POV

After Tracy and her sisters left the room, Mike is the first one to break the silence that suddenly swept through the room.

"I know we haven't been here that long, but am I the only one who noticed that Tracy and her siblings don't look related," Mike asks.

"I noticed it, but it hasn't bothered me one bit. Why did you suddenly bring that up, Mike?" Lauren asks.

"I wanted to know if Tracy noticed it, and wondered if she was adopted, that's all," Mike says.

"I think she has, but never looked into it. She grew up in a neighborhood where there were a few families that looked like ours," Ballade says.

"So, you never told Tracy that she was adopted," Ji says.

"No, my husband and I have wanted to for a while. We just kept putting it off because we were afraid of how she would respond to the news," Ballade says.

"Mommy, if Tracy is adopted, does that mean she isn't my sister," Aaron asks.

Ballade walks over to her son and picks him up.

"Aaron, even though you and Tracy don't look the same or even share any DNA. She loves you more than she would care to admit. You love her the same way. You two are family, and nothing is ever going to change that or break the bond you two share as siblings," Ballade says.

"I know Tracy needs to hear this, but how did she become a member of your family?" Jayden asks.

"Tracy's birth mother, Jacqueline, we were best friends. When Jacqueline and her husband found out that she could have kids, so I offered to be a surrogate so she could have a child. The only problem Jacqueline got called to join the team before Tracy was born, and her husband was killed in a car accident three months earlier. Jacqueline asked me to raise her daughter until she returned from battling Master Xandred, but she never came back." Ballade says.

"Jacqueline was an amazing woman," Ji says.

"Is sissy just like her birth mom?" Aaron asks.

"Yes, she is Aaron. Tracy has a love of animals and is a quick study just like Jacqueline," Ji says.

"So, if Tracy's birth parents aren't alive, she was technically an orphan when you adopted her?" Kevin asks.

"My husband and I were fostering her until her first birthday; that's when we found out that Jacqueline died. After the state officially listed her as an orphan, we legally adopted her and changed her birth certificate to give her our family's last name," Fiarce says.

"When are you going to tell Tracy?" JI asks.

Last edited:
Back