• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Chime Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Cool was shadox your first ever sprite :) yay fakemon starters

btw the new water starter looks great ^_^ keep it up

First finished sprite, but some people like Evil-Arms helped me with the fur.

and the water sprite was my second sprite.
I've a fire and grass starter planned, but I need to make em look at bit more pokemon-y

Years
oh :) still your first 2 sprites look pretty good :D other peoples sprites at first looks a little crappy like mine hahaha you must be blessed with talent :) ill be waiting for the fire and grass sprites ^_^

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
oh :) still your first 2 sprites look pretty good :D other peoples sprites at first looks a little crappy like mine hahaha you must be blessed with talent :) ill be waiting for the fire and grass sprites ^_^

pokemon_firered_by_nintendork15-d654t9p.png

Here's Scorbur, the fire type Starter Pokemon.

Years
new_pogeyman_by_nintendork15-d654b4e.png

This reads really strangely. I think it'd read better like this:

"A fish-like dog. It is very loyal, much like a dog, and is a good swimmer, much like a fish."

But... isn't that treading in Indian Elephant territory? I know the official games do it, but describing Pokémon using real-world animals is weird, and kind of breaks your suspension of disbelief.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
new_pogeyman_by_nintendork15-d654b4e.png

This reads really strangely. I think it'd read better like this:

"A fish-like dog. It is very loyal, much like a dog, and is a good swimmer, much like a fish."

But... isn't that treading in Indian Elephant territory? I know the official games do it, but describing Pokémon using real-world animals is weird, and kind of breaks your suspension of disbelief.

''This pokemon is more loyal the others, to it's trainer. Frishutts can be said to swim faster than top speed boats''

Improved?

wellthen_by_nintendork15-d655fbd.png
pizza_by_nintendork15-d655fbi.png

I'm having fun scripting all this. x3

Years
''This pokemon is more loyal the others, to it's trainer. Frishutts can be said to swim faster than top speed boats''

Improved?

No, that's still incorrect grammar.

If anything it would be this:

"This Pokémon is more loyal to its Trainer than other Pokémon. Frishutt are said to swim faster than top-speed boats."

Even then, I think this would read better:

"Frishutt are more loyal to their Trainers than other Pokémon. They are said to swim faster than boats travelling at top-speeds."

In Pokémon games, the species is like sheep - you don't add "s".

I think you should colour the text - it looks weird otherwise, especially because other NPCs are talking in colour (your signature's screenshot, for example - on that note, you should probably change it so it says Pokédex).

Sorry for all the Grammar Nazi-ing.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
No, that's still incorrect grammar.

If anything it would be this:

"This Pokémon is more loyal to its Trainer than other Pokémon. Frishutt are said to swim faster than top-speed boats."

Even then, I think this would read better:

"Frishutt are more loyal to their Trainers than other Pokémon. They are said to swim faster than boats travelling at top-speeds."

In Pokémon games, the species is like sheep - you don't add "s".

I think you should colour the text - it looks weird otherwise, especially because other NPCs are talking in colour (your signature's screenshot, for example).

I'm terrible with grammar. -3-

Also; you do I color the text?
The NPCs do it automatically?

Years
Exactly, but that text is black because it is activated via a script tile - the colour is only added when you talk to an overworld. Just add this to the script:

textcolor 0x0

That will set the default text colour for all strings displayed from the script blue.

Alternatively, add this to the string(s) of text:

[blue_fr]

For red colour, use:

textcolor 0x1
[red_fr]

And for black, use:

textcolor 0x2
[black_fr]

Other colours, like [green_fr] and [lightblue_fr] can be used, but they can't be set via textcolor. You can see the variety of text colours you can use by hitting F2 in XSE and opening the Appendix, and then Message Codes.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
He's actually a guinae pig, but close enough.

Starting to map the next part of Jingle Path:
jingle_path_by_nintendork15-d658hja.png

Also, how easy this has beccomme for me to do, if i keep up this pace, and nothing 'bad' happens touchwood, then Beta 1, which will be 2, maybe 3, gyms long, will be out by the start of June, or Mid-June.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
6703719bfe929f1820acee594c52f316_500.png

Boredom makes you spam updates. Mapped all the way to Venus Forest Entrance

Oh hi.

Have some moar musics.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
564fd8b810192f3a120f15e72384c492_500.png
67ae186f7664e3251bc187a768d9692c_500.png

Mapping Venus City now, doing pretty good, may start some more trainers soon.

PikaSaiyan

Gen III master race.
Years
Interesting maps, music, and it also has a very "legitimate" Pokémon feel to it. I personally don't like fakemon, but if you're doing it make sure the sprites are well touched up. Oh and also, I suggest that you should fix the sideways walking animation of the hero OW, as well as take out the erratic high pitch sounds in the wild battle theme (if you really wanted to have a "chime", consider using tubular bells or something else... right now I feel that it's just distracting a really well-composed song). But yeah. Keep up the good work!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Interesting maps, music, and it also has a very "legitimate" Pokémon feel to it. I personally don't like fakemon, but if you're doing it make sure the sprites are well touched up. Oh and also, I suggest that you should fix the sideways walking animation of the hero OW, as well as take out the erratic high pitch sounds in the wild battle theme (if you really wanted to have a "chime", consider using tubular bells or something else... right now I feel that it's just distracting a really well-composed song). But yeah. Keep up the good work!

I did say somewhere I've got to edit the voicegroup for the wild battle.
There wasn't a chime in it anyway, that's actually I think a french horn, just need to edit the voice group.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Why does bug catcher say "you don't have a pokedex" in green

Green font will be indicating important messages, things to do, places to go, and people to see.
So, it won't be too hard for you to get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back