• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Jasonwolf: Welcome back. Your character Isaac is in Pokemon Biology. Arctos plays the teacher teaching said class. As I recall none of his other students showed up so he has had nothing to do. I think he may very well be overjoyed to hear you're back as well~

As per request, your teacher character was not assigned any students.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
good I hope I just get people for the club. Anyway back to work.

also randomly I got caramelldansen playing, but only because the video has pikachu dancin on it yet I'm not watching the video atm... hmm.

EDIT: uhm what about my second student? Orion?

Last edited:

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
@JasonWolf Great to see youre back! I look forward to seeing Isaac in class. Although I've pretty much got a plan worked out for the class feel free to send a vm/pm if there is anything you want to talk about to do with it. As you're the only non-npc student I'm pretty open to your ideas.

EDIT: I will get a post up to answer your own later today...right now I hear Guild Wars 2 calling my name xD.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Player Teams/SUs Part 4
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure if anybody else has this issue, but some of the pokemon sprites/images in the OOC...In the wild pokemon section...Don't appear/don't work? Not quite sure how to describe it.

...Abandoned White Lugia Dorm. The pokemon in between misdreavus and duskull? I just see an icon. No image.

Rocky mountains/caves. Between (Hippowdon?) and Cubone. Icon.

And there are a few other missing pictures in some other wild pokemon area....Things. anybody else notice this? What's up with this? :P

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I've noticed it sometimes

also Yellow, I was wondering if I can make an excuse to have one of my student characters leave class early, I've got some ideas for her, that I wanna do before I get to busy with Shows, school, homecoming dance, volunteer work, learning to drive, etc.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
I am back home from "out-of-town-ness." ^^ I should be able to post more regularly now.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My post for all three of my characters will be posted once I get through this one hell of a Wednesday. *___* Sorry for the delay, y'all! D:

Dawn

Years
@Baloth: I'll check to see if I can't fix the issue. I should be able to do this fairly easily because the image url probably contains the pokedex number. Imageshack must have dropped the ball again. The issue is in image hosts. Imageshack sometimes breaks your images, and the better host: imgur, has issues when you try to link to over 20 images on one page.

Edit: A simple re-upload appears to have fixed the issue. Just let me know if you guys see any broken images. Those are pretty easy for me to fix.

@Genevieve: Of course you can! Just make sure it's reasonably appropriate sounding.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Alright :3 thanks Yellow, and my reason is just an urgent message from home. That should be reason enough for her to leave class :)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
This is sort of a Universal Note, that yes, I am Akio. For some reason I'd thought I'd need a separate email for games. Not sure why. So I have begun the slow process of transferring everything over to one email address, and given everything my gaming Alias, WolfOfEve.

So, if anyone is open to a new nickname, I'll accept the name Wolf, along with Akio. Maybe even Zerin if any of you remember that.

__

I'm waiting for Marin to post, who I think is waiting on a few people to post.

Years
Looking good! ...Well, except for one image. Between Cubone and Hippowdon, Rocky Mountains and Caves, the image there is still broken.

All the others look fine, though!

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
@Meganium: Okie dokie, I'm going to write something up now. (and I'm going to warn you now that Tristen isn't the nicest person on the planet; she's not exactly a social butterfly. >> teehee)

Dawn

Years
@Baloth: Aaah, missed that one. It's fixed now if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully it should be a while before another one breaks. But y'know, it happens.

TheAmazingTaco

Crazy Cardboard Box Hobo
Years
(Hi @_@ I'm new here but I wanna try out for a character in the RP. If it's okay to make a trainer :< And if anything seems wonky, I can fix it up~ )

Name: Roy James Williams

Nickname: R.J

Sex: Male

Dorm: Entei Dorm

Appearance (Will add a picture when Rper isn't being a bum):

RJ is a tall and lanky 13 year old boy with a pale complexion. He has messy dark green hair that reaches down to his shoulders. His eyes are a bright sapphire blue color. Normally he wears a black t-shirt with a red symbol in the middle of his chest. Under this shirt he wears a long sleeved red shirt with black cuffs. As for pants, he wears dark navy jeans which partially cover his sneakers. On his back, he has a black and red backpack.

Personality:

RJ is a class-comedian kind of guy. Always wearing a cheeky smile on his face and always carrying a good laugh or two, RJ's one fun guy to be around. He can make sad people, or even depressed, have a laugh at his silly jokes and puns. He'll even make himself appear as a fool to make people amused. His good rounded nature also shows that he is very into team work. RJ tries to do his best in a team work-related areas by trying to think of clever ways to solve tough conflicts. His mind is always wandering around, also giving him they "day dreamer" attitude.

However, this leads to the negative side of RJ. It is super easy to distract him from the point of focus. Even the smallest of things can get this guy to look away and get amused by something completely off-topic. This also means he can be forgetful due to him not hearing the whole discussion. He also has an issue with getting involved with things that would result in him getting dirty. Crawling in tight and confined spaces makes him worry about how he's going to look when he emerges. While being placed in these predicaments, he often complains and whines about it. (But one can get him distracted easily so he'll eventually stop whining and thinking about it)

History:

RJ lives in a small house that is tucked away in a small corner of Fuchsia City. His father Wilbur is a maintenance guy for the Fuchsia City gym. Despite working in the popular gym, Wilbur is not very well-known to many of the towns-folk. He often keeps to himself and gets his job done. The only thing people do know about Wilbur is that he's a single parent taking care of three kids and his crazy mother. Also residing in the house, is Grandmother Turnip. Now no one know why she calls herself Grandma Turnip but this could be due to the fact that she's pretty crazy herself. She used to be a popular announcer for challenges and competitions, back in the day. Now she is a Pokemon Breeder, a job that is more quiet and easy to do (to her anyways). Now she lives at home, bugging the family with her insane stories. Amber, is RJ's young sister. She's pretty tough for a 5 year-old kid. She wants to become a gym leader when she gets older. So she often tries to tell RJ what to do with his Pokemon. Lastly, Nina is RJ's cousin whom was adopted by her uncle and (deceased) aunt due to her unstable home. Nina is a rough-tough and headstrong 12 year old. She keeps her cousin RJ in line by making sure he doesn't mess up. Despite her brash attitude to him, she really gets along super well with him.

RJ met his first Pokemon at the age of 8. His Grandmother is a Pokemon breeder and she entrusted an egg to him. She felt that if he wanted a pokemon so badly, he would have to make sure this egg was going to be okay. RJ was determined to show everyone that he could become a responsible trainer (when he's old enough, of course). As time went by, his egg hatched and that is how he meets Slasher. Later (Age 10) he and Slasher were walking along a wooded path and Slasher heard a faint cry. The duo ran over to see what was going on and Spooky the Spinarak was there, cornered by a bunch of Spearow. RJ had a basic idea on how to battle, and this is where he and Slasher had their first battle. Once the Spearow fled, Spooky felt that she would be safe at RJ's side. At a later time, he and his cousin were searching for berries to bring home to their grandmother. As RJ wasn't paying attention to his basket, King had snuck under him and nipped a hole in the bottom. There the berries kept falling through. After a good hour of berry picking, RJ realized that this Nidoran had been gobbling up all the berries. This angered Slasher and Slasher went out and attacked King. And this is how he met King.

At home, before RJ went to the academy; he went to a basic school. RJ was fairly popular with his class and got along great with plenty. If there was a bully, his cousin stood up for him and that was the end of that bullying. His school often had little events that showed the students the many wonders of Pokemon. Sometimes they even allowed the students to bring at least one pokemon for the day to class. One time the event was; the school invited a bunch of people to the grounds to demonstrate what possible jobs the students could strive for in the future. Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Pokemon breeders, a few Gym Leaders, one elite four member, and finally; a Pokemon Ranger, all showed up to this event. And that's when RJ and Nina made up their minds. A Pokemon Ranger got to do all sorts of fun stuff. And that's what RJ wanted to do. Travel the world and help Pokemon out. This was just perfect!

Pokémon: Nidoran Male
Nickname: King
Personality: King is extremely lazy, carefree, and stubborn. Being that he's lazy, King often refuses to fight in battles that RJ tries to get him in. He'll yawn and sleep right in the battle field. If RJ tries to push him too hard, he'll nip at RJ to tell him to stop bothering him.
Lvl: Level 12
Moves:
- Peck
- Leer
- Dig
- Facade
- Rest
- Double Kick

Pokemon: Scyther
Nickname: Slasher
Personality: He's RJ's first pokemon given to him by his Grandmother. Slasher is very outgoing and ready to tackle anything in his way. Headstrong but dependable, this Scyther knows what's best for his friends. He's very determined, he won't stop until he obtains his own goal. However sometimes he tries too hard and ends up getting hurt in the end. (Over-Strain, tired, etc.)
Lvl: Level 20
Moves:
- Quick Attack
- False Swipe
- Return
- Steel Wing
- Double Team
- Pursuit

Pokemon: Spinarak
Nickname: Spooky
Personality: Spooky is as her name says. It doesn't take much to make her spazz and get spooked by something. She's very skittish and often hides in RJ's back pack. And for some reason, she is petrified of Slasher due to his height and rough look. In battle though, Spooky tries to do her best to show that she can do just as much as the other two can! But she often fails due to her skittish nature.
Lvl: Level 15
Moves:
- Poison Sting
- String shot
- Scary Face
- Constrict
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Baloth: That makes you helpful. Better that I get it done when it happens rather than let it build up |D

@TheAmazingTaco: Hello, DJ~ Great to see you traveled all the way over to this humble corner of the internet just to join in on the fun.

Also this happened

[12:15:21 AM]Kyle: The history is about 2 lines short but the history seems to make a good point of his past experience
[12:18:53 AM] Marin: I see.
[12:19:42 AM] Marin: Kyle please refresh.
[12:20:06 AM] Marin: You were approximately 1 to 2 minutes early before her history's length multiplied by like three or four times.
[12:20:18 AM] Marin: No joke.
[12:23:52 AM] Kyle: o.o
[12:23:53 AM] Kyle: woah
[12:24:10 AM] Kyle: I might be looking at another SU

Regardless, yes, you're definitely approved. Welcome to the roleplay! Judging by the looks of things, you'll fit in pretty well. Since I gather you've been chatting with Bassiroth, I'm not completely sure how much he has taken the liberty of briefing you on how things work here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. This entire thread's dedicated to OOC chatter, after all.

Years
Yay! I like to be helpful!

Also, a little question. Not a big concern of mine right now, but how do we go about teaching our Pokemon new moves? Would we do a post or two, detailing some training? I chose some different--and less powerful--moves for my starting Pokemon, because I counted on there being some mechanic for teaching moves, and there kind of has to be, naturally. Just curious! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back