• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
It's in the rules section in the first post of this thread :)
It details how Pokemon can level up, the moves they learn are according to the levels they learn them, you may also purchase TMs at Oak Town ant teach those moves.
In adittion, in case you want your Pokemon to learn a move they don't actually learn, you may ask any of the GMs and they shall decide of the Pokemon learn the move or not :)

Years
Ahhhhhh, okay. :) Thanks. I presume there's a limit? Can't go buying a billion moves at once. Maybe one or two at a time, and then waiting a bit, before receiving like an allowance or something?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Baloth: Indeed. TMs are quite expensive. This limitation can be avoided either by being rich or by borrowing a TM from an NPC student. I like to imagine there's a club where students go to tutor and compete, and that it's a popular place to find TMs to borrow. Valorie Ryder for instance is very wealthy and has quite a handful of TMs on her person.

Years
Ooooooooooh! Or what about, perhaps, little CONTESTS? Bunch of trainers, NPC OR PC, competing for a TM prize?

Borrow a TM? ...Ssssso we're making TMs like HMs, in that they can be used more than once?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
the TMs are based on their 5th generation counterparts. They're very expensive as well. I've actually talked about the possibility of little tournaments. I may make a character to handle something like that :p

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
I finally built up the courage to sign up.Please tell me if anything is wrong.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Khawill

<3
Years
This is my first RP, though I think I should be able to participate without a problem
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Teal Wright

Nickname (Optional): O (pronounced oh)

Age (10-15):15

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune (though I don't care much)

Appearance: He is a dark-skinned boy with low-cut black hair that he takes great care in keeping low. He has a confident stature, standing straight and proud. He's not tall by any accounts, though he can't be considered short. The character himself dresses like he's in uniform, he always wears a white shirt and khaki pants, his shoes are (in contrast to his other attire) usually black. He wears a teal hat bill hat whenever he is outside.

Personality: Teal can best be described as a person with nothing to lose. He is more wise than intelligent. He is calm, collective, and kind. It would be a challenge to actually bother him. Though a pokemon trainer he is tactical and fierce, though he is by no means a master, and due to the relative weakness of Linoone compared to other pokemon will often lose.. He learns certain concepts properly but it can be hard for him to not go out of his way to help with every single thing. As friendly and nice as he is, Teal prefers to be generally alone and gets nervous when people talk to him (he never shows this though), he would much rather be training and can be found helping the nurse during the day. He believes himself to be completely good and that negative emotions are evil, thus he hides them. It is likely that these emotions hes bottled up will become a burden, but for now he is in control. He doesn't tell where the town he lived in is, but he does say its near Rosepetal City, and he won't even give the school his real name. Due to his history and volunteer work, he is proficient with medical aid, and can easily identify ailments, sicknesses and give most forms of first aid, he is no replacement for a doctor though.

History: As a child he was never actually named Teal, as a matter of fact he never really had a name. His parents had abandoned him after a home birth; the couple that took him in were misguided. The parents believed they could take care of a child like that, but all it lead to was fighting between them, causing them to resent Teal and ignore him. The name they had given him was a curse in the eyes of Teal, so he named himself after his favorite color. He never liked being home so he would go out and do community service, often he would help at the pokecenter or hospital. He learned a lot from the work, and it helped him realize things that he didn't understand before. All of the suffering in those hospitals, and yet people still managed to be happy made Teal learn to forgive. He began to help more and more as time went by. Then one day team rocket came to town, they began to steal pokemon from other trainers. Nobody in the town could stop them, and they got away. This was the first time he had ever experienced anger to another person, and he began to get furious. He blamed his parents, he yelled at them in frustration, but all they did was ignore him again. After that incident he went into the forest outside town. He was told by the local professor that the pokemon were docile and tame and was given a pokeball. This is where he caught his first pokemon, Linoone. Linoone helped Teal a lot, serving as a house pet and they trained whenever Teal had the chance. After Teal received his package to go to the Academy, many people in town saw this as an opportunity to get a trainer that could reclaim their stolen Pokemon. The town couldn't afford to give much, but Teal received the TMs Dig and Protect, and he was given 10,000 pokedollars.

Pokémon:Linoone
Species:Linoone
Nickname(Optional):Vel (short for Velocity)
Personality: Vel is as kind and calm as Teal. As dedicated as Vel is to Teal, she isn't a very powerful pokemon (and Teal knows this) so teal taught her a number of moves that makes it easier to avoid or otherwise mitigate damage. Vel can sometime be distracted and curios though, and has trouble not getting in to trouble. She also has a habit of stealing anything round, or shiny, often hiding it in Teal's pack getting him in trouble.
Lvl(Max 25):25
Moves: Dig, Protect, Headbutt, Thief, Double Team

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Borrow a TM? ...Ssssso we're making TMs like HMs, in that they can be used more than once?

As of Generation Five (Pokemon Black/White) TMs are unlimited use, you only have to find them or buy them.

__

Speaking of TMs, how exactly do we use them in a realistic aspect? Some sort of CD player or something?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
As of Generation Five (Pokemon Black/White) TMs are unlimited use, you only have to find them or buy them.

__

Speaking of TMs, how exactly do we use them in a realistic aspect? Some sort of CD player or something?

I'm actually wondering that myself? Do our Pokemon watch a video of it or something?

Dawn

Years
@Blues-Music: You're approved. Welcome to the RP c: You may begin posting as soon as you like. If you've any questions, feel free to post them here.

@Khawill: You're also approved. Welcome. :P Your character will in-fact be in suicune dorm.

@WolfOfEve & ShinyDiamond: ...They /eat/ them. They eat them like /bagels/. Seriously though. Apparently you insert TMs into a portable computer (The TM Case) that literally projects the knowledge into a pokemon's mind. Presumably in the form of a short educational video. o_o;;

Bag_TM_Case_Sprite.png
<-- TM case

So from what we can gather, you insert the CD into a drive on the case and point the case at the Pokemon you want to teach a move. The glass circle on the end presumably projects the information in some manner.

Years
I cry at the sluggish pace at which my Pokemon battle is proceeding :'( I'm used to a YAH, YAH, GIDDEEUP!!!! pace of roleplaying, but I understand :P hahahah.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You'd think they'd be more clear about TMs and HMs by now, but I think they're intentionally vague on the matter simply because they won't have to deal with it until fans start calling "BS" on a larger scale, but that'll never happen. It was a simple idea that I doubt is going to be given context anytime soon, other than what can be inferred from what they look like.

Years
The image of battlefield 2 is broken! first page of the ooc, under settings. Battlefield 2 has no image. Battlefields 1 and 3-12 are fine though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
We will brainwash the pokemons into power! anyway are we allowed to have a page for each of our characters on the wiki?

You can create separate pages of your PTA character, but be sure when writing your pages, you briefly state that your character is in PTA, so that way you won't confuse people.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
...They /eat/ them. They eat them like /bagels/. Seriously though. Apparently you insert TMs into a portable computer (The TM Case) that literally projects the knowledge into a pokemon's mind. Presumably in the form of a short educational video. o_o;;

Bag_TM_Case_Sprite.png
<-- TM case

So from what we can gather, you insert the CD into a drive on the case and point the case at the Pokemon you want to teach a move. The glass circle on the end presumably projects the information in some manner.

1. Get TM
2. Use on Kiyoko
3. Get first-hand view of the process
4. ?????
5. Profit

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Blues-Music: You're approved. Welcome to the RP c: You may begin posting as soon as you like. If you've any questions, feel free to post them here.

@Khawill: You're also approved. Welcome. :P Your character will in-fact be in suicune dorm.

@WolfOfEve & ShinyDiamond: ...They /eat/ them. They eat them like /bagels/. Seriously though. Apparently you insert TMs into a portable computer (The TM Case) that literally projects the knowledge into a pokemon's mind. Presumably in the form of a short educational video. o_o;;

Bag_TM_Case_Sprite.png
<-- TM case

They can still learn TM & HM moves on their own, right? Of course they would need to practice in order to fully use it & not fail.

Dawn

Years
@Baloth: Joint posts can potentially be used to increase the speed of battles. It honestly goes a lot faster if you don't use /all freaking six pokemon/ in one battle. Say one or two at a time~ Double and triple battles also go faster, and give a hilarious amount of levels because of the amount of pokemon you're fighting at once.

@Everyone: seriously though. The way I just described is the official answer. You put them into a small computer that vaguely does the teaching. I don't particularly care how exactly it does that vague part and you probably shouldn't bother either. Projecting into the mind or a video are the most sensible examples. |D

Years
Sorry >_< what do you mean by "joint posts"?

I perfectly understand double and triple battles, and not using all pokemon (we're using all *3*, though. We don't have 6...Yet...And when I do, I'd prefer to send them out 3 at a time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back