• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Yeah. Hanson is good, guys!

*shot*

Yeah. She... wait... he... never mind. It was a good song. K. I listen to more older pop/new wave or golden age hip hop or electronic/dubstep from 2000 up, though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I find it hilarious when people say "I like good music".

No, really? I thought you liked BAD music!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
...I like a lot of bad music. XD;

I find a lot of recent pop to be fairly relaxing to listen to. Justin Bieber and Katy Perry are two of my guilty pleasures, haha. (Though I haven't listened to Biebs's most recent album... I'm a horrible Belieber!)

I mostly listen to soundtracks (movie, video games, TV, etc.) but when I do listen to other kinds of music, it's usually older stuff from the 90s or 00s since I'm too lazy to keep up with the times. So I just go back to stuff I listened to when I did keep up with music trends.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm glad I started listening to music without letting the people I hang out with influence me really. Because there are a lot of songs I like that my friends would dismiss just because of genre or artist, haha. Then I wouldn't have listened to them at all :(

droomph

weeb
Years
Yeah, I just go on iTunes and I start to like stuff. I don't care really what people think of my taste in music, though it's not like they can, because I never go outside unless I walk my dog or go to school. I'm like a vampire, but more nerdier.

Cherrim

Years
I think my roommates listen to "worse" music than I do, typically. So I never have to worry about feeling too judged. (We keep a Justin Bieber calendar on the main floor for shits and giggles. I don't think any of us can make fun of each other. XD) I don't really care what people think of my interests to begin with, though. If they make fun of what I like to listen to, I just make fun of myself too and go right on listening to it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It makes me sad for a lot of people though - they consider themselves really open-minded because they're in nerd culture and that's generally a really good trait to have and they're tolerant of other nerds...but then they turn around and are completely intolerant over things that don't mesh in with being a nerd like sports or pop music or whatever. :( The worst.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Never said it wasn't good, if it wasn't from this era.
I was just commenting on the fact that I like to listen to new music and when I need something good, I turn to the olden, reliable stuff.​

Ah, sorry, you've taken the wrong implication, never meant that.

It makes me sad for a lot of people though - they consider themselves really open-minded because they're in nerd culture and that's generally a really good trait to have and they're tolerant of other nerds...but then they turn around and are completely intolerant over things that don't mesh in with being a nerd like sports or pop music or whatever. :( The worst.

Hypocrisy shouldn't be sad, it's more of a good indicator of people and their character. Also, how is a nerd/someone...intolerant of a sports fanatic?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That's where the argument between nerd and geek comes in. XD When I say nerd I use it in the cultural way, where someone is a part of nerd culture just like a jock is part of sports culture and such. It's more a cultural thing to me than a personality thing.

Cherrim

Years
Nerd and geek are really hard to define for me. I usually use them pretty interchangeably but I think there's supposed to be a difference.

Anyway, I definitely agree. :( A lot of people who do identify with typical "nerd culture" (so technology, sci-fi, anime, and so on) are usually pretty liberal and open about everything but they'll turn right around on hate on things. It always amuses me to see Bronies (My Little Pony fans) going on and on about how great it is that they overcome gender boundaries and like what they like despite intolerance for it and then... flame people for being fans of modern pop celebrities or being really excited about [random sports final]. Dude, you missed the whole point of your favourite show!

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Cliché wars? Familiar with the terms, but the dispute just sounds...incorrect? Thing is, I've never been exposed to a class of people in my community. No-one belongs to any particular 'circle'. Not in the slightest way.

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, love makes you blind.

I guess it's just because they want to have some importance and so they take the only thing that they can think of from being a Brony - overcoming gender boundaries - and wave it in your face like they found the theory of General Relativity. They don't actually care that they overcome gender boundaries, and so will flame everyone else that they don't like.

just my theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back