• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, what level should my pokemon be for mount battle area 10?
What strategies should I use to defeat the leader?
If you have the right movesets on your team, 60 or late 50 is pretty enough.
I remember going there with 60s and it was good enough =)
Be careful of legendaries, though ;) They may surprise you =)

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I went through Mt Battle in XD using what I call "Gen 1" strategy.

Basically, I only used a Lugia and a Dragonite, both of them had Earthquake (as well as a few other moves that would take care of flying Pokémon). Since they themselves are flying they don't harm each other with it. So I just spammed Earthquake turn after turn, and occasionally used Hydro Pump, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam etc to take down flyers. The first time I attempted to get from Area 1 to 10 (to get my Gen 2 starters) , I lost in early Area 10, but the second time I succeeded. Just like in Gen 1, Earthquake owned most of my opponents :D .

The champion is a different story though. Double Earthquake is a must if you want to get rid of his Slaking as quickly as possible (and believe me, you'll want to) , but the Lati@s (he has both) and his Salamence will give you trouble.

Years
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, extra missions help.

I need help with something. I finally went through the whole Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I did all the missions, captured all Pokemon. Now I downloaded and played missions with Dialga and Palkia...now what? D: Why can't I get all the other missions, four of them. How do I obtain them?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I need help with something. I finally went through the whole Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I did all the missions, captured all Pokemon. Now I downloaded and played missions with Dialga and Palkia...now what? D: Why can't I get all the other missions, four of them. How do I obtain them?

The other downloadable missions were for a limited time only, sorry.

Years
Damn, I guess I got through whole game. After Regigigas, capture arena, and extra missions there is nothing else really to do besides getting your capturer to lvl. 100, right?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I went through Mt Battle in XD using what I call "Gen 1" strategy.

Basically, I only used a Lugia and a Dragonite, both of them had Earthquake (as well as a few other moves that would take care of flying Pokémon). Since they themselves are flying they don't harm each other with it. So I just spammed Earthquake turn after turn, and occasionally used Hydro Pump, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam etc to take down flyers. The first time I attempted to get from Area 1 to 10 (to get my Gen 2 starters) , I lost in early Area 10, but the second time I succeeded. Just like in Gen 1, Earthquake owned most of my opponents :D .

The champion is a different story though. Double Earthquake is a must if you want to get rid of his Slaking as quickly as possible (and believe me, you'll want to) , but the Lati@s (he has both) and his Salamence will give you trouble.
Poor Lugia... getting purified :D But yeah, this is good strategy that fails against Flying types and Levitate types... And as you mentioned, Battle Master has both of that... :D
I think more diverse strategy should be applied here :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2013
Hi everyone! I am a long time viewer of the Pokemon anime, but new to the games. I have a question concerning the TMs (technical machines), as I am working on converting Pokemon to the Hero System RPG. On the page for Bulbasaur's First Generation learnset on the Pokemon Wikia, it says that Bulbasuar can only use certain TMs (TMs 3,6,8,9,10,20,21,22,31,32,33,34,44,50) and HM1. So, I assume it does not use the others for a Bulbasaur and that other pokemon are limited as to what they can learn as well? The ones that Bulbasaur can use are normal, grass, poison, and psychic moves... I guess it makes sense that a grass/poison pokemon can't learn fire or steel moves...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2013
I am still working on my Hero System translation, and my current question is this... I am working on the Spearow and Fearow and I am wondering, is there such a thing as a level 1 Fearow? Spearows evolve to Fearows at level 20 if you allow them to, but do mama Fearows give birth to baby Fearows, or are thier babies Spearow and there are no Fearows until the baby Spearows hit level 20? I assume the answer to this will apply to all other pokemon as well.

Thanks in advance! :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2013
Ok, thank you... I will look for an alternate thread for my questions. I asked here because I was interested in how it worked in relation to the games, as opposed to the anime that I am more familiar with. :)

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
According to Bulbapedia, Pokemon Colosseum is a main game. Where does it fit into the timeline?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Unfortunately, that's probably up to a bunch of debates. We had a timeline thread in PGC, but it got really messy because people get really heated in there. I suppose you could search for that thread and see what was said and determine it for yourself. I don't recommend making another one though, because they always tend to go nuts.

As far as I know, especially after gen V, there isn't a very clear timeline anymore like there used to be. Pokemon has become the new Zelda, but a lot less convoluted, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back