• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

:>Soaring High!<: Bird Pokemon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Soaring High!

1740930_med.png

Welcome to 'Soaring High!', the official club for all Bird Pokemon and their biggest fans (a.k.a YOU!)

Rules
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
2. Don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Keep active!
4. Everyone can choose to become a member of the club by registering with the Sign-Up Form, or just post every now and again.
5. Respect other's people's opinons. Not everyone likes the same thing and attacking them about their personal view will cause a huge argument. Everyone is allowed to have a say!
6. Enjoy!

Sign-Up Form (I'll use mine as an example)
Username:Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Requested Team:Lugia (Team Leaders Only)
Reason for joining:I love Bird Pokemon!!!
Answer the current topic!:Swellow as I started playing Pokemon with Emerald and so the first Bird Pokemon I met was Tailow!

Lugia Members List
images

The Leaders of them all!
- Rainbow Arcanine
-
- danaxe
- Olli97
- Eeveelution Co-Ordinator

Articuno Members List
ArticunoNormalSprite.gif

The Cool Ice Types!
- danaxe
- Psystar63
-
-
-
-
-
-
Zapdos Members List
145.png

The Shocking Electric Types!
- Olli97
- AlexOzzyCake
- PokemonGiratinaX
-
-
-
-
-

Moltres Members List
146.png

The Burning Fire Types!
- Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
-Aryan143
-
-
-
-
-
-

User Bars
Okay, we've got our first User Bars! Here you go!

Articuno
Spoiler:

Point System
Each Team will have a Points Tally, and at the end of the year, the Team with the most points will win the Lugia Cup, a trophy which allows the winning Team to A. Take over the Club for a week and B. Will win themselves a new Userbar!Here is the Points System:

New member:1 point
Wins a contest:5 points
Has best Topic Post:10 points

ArticunoNormalSprite.gif
=1 points
145.png
=12 points
146.png
=1 points

Current Topic
What Bird Pokemon family do you believe is most underrated?

Last Topic's Best Answer: Favourite Bird Pokemon: I am starting to develop a big soft spot for Pidgey based on how much my friend talks about it, but my favourite bird Pokémon has got to be Murkrow. I've loved it ever since I first saw it and I found the whole Dark/Flying combination very interesting indeed. The image of the shadowy crow flying up high pelting down huge balls of dark energy is just amazing. I was very pleased when it was given an evolution, especially one as powerful as Honchkrow, but the only thing that puts me off Honchkrow is its huge beard D: It's such a powerful and impressive Pokémon but Murkrow has the cute factor which puts it ahead x]

Monthly Contest
For September, our contest will be too do with the current topic, so here it is:

Design the Bird Pokemon you would like too see in the next Generation

It can be a drawing, a mash up of other images or a description, just be creative! It MUST have though some information including: Evolution, Type, A few Moves and any Miscellaneous things

You have until September 28th, voting will start on September 29th and results will be displayed on October 1st.

BEGIN!

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
sorry in advance if i end up completely obsessing over pidgey in any of my future posts in this club :D

Username: Olli97
Requested Team: I would have loved to join the Lugia Team, however since it's for leaders only, I'll just stick with Zapdos :p
Reason for joining: Birds are amazing. I've had a bird Pokémon on my team through almost all playthroughs I've had of every game. Though Flying types are not the strongest, I almost always use one, and always birds, which is reasonable enough since most Flying types are birds, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The biggest reason I want to join this club though, Pidgey :D:D:D

Favourite Bird Pokemon

Pidgey, Forever and always! First Pokémon I've ever caught, first Pokémon I ever fully evolved, first Pokémon I got attached to apart from my starter. I don't know why I've always liked Pidgey so much, since there honestly isn't anything special about it, possibly due to nostalgia, except it's not the same with any other Pokémon. The Pidgey line is just special to me, and if there's a chance for me to get one in any game, I'll take it. All I can really say is, Pidgey is awesome :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Requested Team: Zapdos! The shockingly stunning thunder bird <3
Reason for joining: I love the huge variety of bird Pokémon, ranging all the way from the humble Pidgey to the mighty Ho-Oh. It's the one variety of Pokémon that spans over all the types and has absolutely countless strategies to use.

Favourite Bird Pokemon?
I am starting to develop a big soft spot for Pidgey based on how much my friend talks about it, but my favourite bird Pokémon has got to be Murkrow. I've loved it ever since I first saw it and I found the whole Dark/Flying combination very interesting indeed. The image of the shadowy crow flying up high pelting down huge balls of dark energy is just amazing. I was very pleased when it was given an evolution, especially one as powerful as Honchkrow, but the only thing that puts me off Honchkrow is its huge beard D: It's such a powerful and impressive Pokémon but Murkrow has the cute factor which puts it ahead x]

Also may I suggest adding this picture to the first post so people know what bird Pokémon there actually are? c:

1740930_med.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Okay hi everyone! First off, thanks for the picture AlexOzzyCake, I'll see if i can use it, oh and Olli97, as you are the first to apply for Zapdos, you are the 'Leader' and are instantly put in Team Lugia (But you stay in Zapdos as well, it's really a sort of list to show who the Leaders are) and AlexOzzyCake, your the Co-Leader of Zapdos, so say if anyone is breaking the rules, or someone would like to become member of the Team, you both decide what to do (So you can ask the other members what they think or just discuss it via PM or whatever else you think you need to do.). Finally, we have an opening for Co-Owner who will take over if I am offline (Which I will post on the board beforehand) so PM me if your interested by answering the following questions:

If you could add a new rule, what would it be and why?
If someone breaks a rule or abuses someone else on the board, how would you deal with it?
Why should I pick YOU to be Co-Owner?

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
Username:danaxe
Requested Team:arcticuno
Reason for joining:cos' i love birds
Answer the current topic!:blaziken 'cos i grew up my first gam was emerald and i chose torchic.

hey bird

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
I have know decided to add Rainbow Arcanine as he Co-owner, and was so impressed I have decided to put in ideas from his Form. So we will add a ban to those who are constantly breaking rules, which by the looks of things, we wont hopefully need! Also, i have included his rule he would have added! Again, if anyone has any ideas, I would gladly appreciate them!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hi everyone, can I suggest a little challenge xD? Btw I'm a girl xD.
Design a bird-type ability, give it a name and description. Then explain which Pokemon would use it.

I'll give my own challenge a go ^^.

Ability : Armoured Wings
Description : After any type of hit ( physicial or special ) the Pokemon's defense is raised sharply, also the opponent receives a small amount of recoil.

So kind of like Rough skin and a defense boost after each hit received.I think personally, Skarmory would use this due to the fact it's a huge steel bird. Also found this image of the Legendary Birds trio and a picture of Lugia.
images
images

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oo this sounds interesting :o

Design a bird-type ability, give it a name and description. Then explain which Pokemon would use it.
Hmm.. I think I'm gonna go with Sonic Boom. The name comes from breaking the speed of sound, so the ability will cause damage to the opponent each time the Pokémon's Speed stat is raised, with the damage caused increasing with each tier the speed is raised. :D The bird Pokémon starts flying faster and faster, breaking the speed of sound and causing a massive sonic boom effect! It'd be saved for extremely fast bird Pokémon such as Swellow, Staraptor and Fearow :3

As for Rainbow Arcanine's Armoured Wings ability, I think it sounds great but waaayyy too good xD Also I kinda don't get why it's defence would increase when it gets hit considering the wings are the most frail part of a bird xD But I like the idea nonetheless! :D

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
Hmm, my ability would be Scavenger, where if the pokemon attacks the opponent with a physical move, if the opponent is holding a berry, it will be eaten by the attacking pokemon. Also, if natural gift is used against the defending pokemon, it eats the berry and gains its effect without taking damage. This ability would be exclusive to the Pidgey evolution Line.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hi guys, so along with the challenge, why not a new topic?
What sort of Bird Pokemon would you like to see in the next generation?
I'd like to see more unique Bird Pokemon typings. Seriously, there are millions of Normal/Flying types. There should be more Poison/Flying, Crobat is getting lonely, it really needs a rival although I have no idea what its design would be xD.

And maybe another Fire/Flying? I mean Moltres is a legendary and Charizard is a Kanto Starter. Honestly, there should be one which isn't a starter or legendary :P.

So what sort of bird Pokemon would everyone like to see?

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
For new Bird pokemon, I would like too see some new Poison/Flying as well as a did catch a Zubat and evolve it all the way and it's really useful, but some don't like it as its really common, so it should be a bit rare, or a new legendary!

Now, as for the new contest, I will post an example here

Name: Nin-Porenta (German name: Combination of ninja, leek and duck in german)
Types:Fighting/Flying
Moves:Cut, Fly, Low Sweep, Aerial Ace
Evolution: Evolves from Far'fetched when leveled up holding new item Super Stick

Is the same as Far'fetched except wears head band with long things attached on back and holds two leeks connectedwith string and ahs a more aggressive attitude. It is the first Fighting/Flying Type

See! It's Name doesn't even have too be English! Oh, but be more descriptie. i didn't as this is just an example.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: Nin-Porenta (German name: Combination of ninja, leek and duck in german)
Types:Fighting/Flying
Moves:Cut, Fly, Low Sweep, Aerial Ace
Evolution: Evolves from Far'fetched when leveled up holding new item Super Stick

Is the same as Far'fetched except wears head band with long things attached on back and holds two leeks connectedwith string and ahs a more aggressive attitude. It is the first Fighting/Flying Type.
This idea is Far Fetched ;DDDD I should have a stand up routine.

Although I do love the Nin-Porenta idea, it sounds like a complete badass of a Pokémon :3 And it's about time we had a Fighting/Flying type! I always assumed Staraptor was Flying/Fighting, mainly based on the Close Combat move being one of it's signature moves, but it'd be great to have a proper one. Also I completely agree about needing another Flying/Poison Pokémon, that would be wonderful to see :D Poison is my favourite type so if we had a bird that spewed poison from the skies and could let out huge clouds of smog or whatever then that would be absolutely epic. Design-wise, I'm thinking it'd look a lot like the Shadow Kargarok from LoZ Twilight Princess, spewing poisonous fog from its gaping mouth.

zelda_twilight_princess_conceptart_QCrzl.png

And I would prefer it wasn't legendary since I don't like using legendary Pokémon, but it would be cool to see a huge impressive bird like that become something of legend. :D

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Design the Bird Pokemon you would like too see in the next Generation

Name : Gift Federn ( German for Poison Feathers, credit to Google Translator.)
Type : Poison/Flying
Moves : Sludge Bomb,Sky Attack,Take Down,Brave Bird
Evolution : A smaller toxic bird called Fuwi, which evolves at Level 41 to Gift Federn.
Ability : Toxic Fumes, lowers the opponents Sp. Attk and Attack every two turns.

Description : It is a sly,overpowered,cunning bird with short,dark, purple wings. When it's small beak opens, a revolting, unidentified chemical rises into the air, which is believed to be poisonous. It lurks around muddy swamps and adores scooping up all sorts of small Pokemon. They attack by releasing fumes from its feathers.They're vicious but rather reckless.

Stats : Gift Federn is a vicious attacker, but lacks defense. It's rather speedy and can be deadly if it strikes first. Its attack is equal to the mighty Dragonite yet defense compares to around Staravia's.

Base Stats :
Attack : 135
Defense : 60
Sp. Attk : 135
Sp. Def : 55
Speed : 105

It's Pokedex Entry might go something like this :
Gift Federn No.702 ( Toxic Bird Pokemon )

It's a vicious and merciless Pokemon, that attacks young Pokemon. It dwells around muddy swamps and is apparently a man-made beast after mess ups with an experiment. Since then, they have bred to form millions, swarming the world.Scientists are attempting to hunt them down, in case their rampage destroys the planet.

When you catch it in the wild 5% of the time it will be holding a Small Tail. This item powers up only Gift Federn's super effective attacks.

Gift Federn can be taken down easily by a good Electric,Psychic or Ice Move. Rock type works as well.

Last edited:

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
I would like to resign from owner. This is sudden but I'm busy with school and other activities, but I would like to remain a member. before I leave can I say that the current contest winner is Rainbow Arcanine's choice. Goodbye.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
*Revives Club using CPR* Phew.It's been a really long time since a new topic came around so here's another one n_n.

What Bird Pokemon family do you think is the most underrated?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
*Revives Club using CPR* Phew.It's been a really long time since a new topic came around so here's another one n_n.

What Bird Pokemon family do you think is the most underrated?

Farfetch'd Fearow! I use Fearow in my OU team and it kicks butt because no one expects it <3 It has great Attack and even better Speed, and with access to the Sniper ability and the move Drill Run it can get some incredibly powerful hits in. It's a difficult Pokémon to make bulky but it has huge potential as a physical sweeper with moves like Drill Run, Drill Peck and Return and it's high Speed, plus it has access to U-Turn for those Pokémon that it can't quite kill, so it's very versatile and in my opinion a very strong and underrated Pokémon. It's the only Flying type with access to Drill Run which is a huge advantage and really boosts Fearow's capabilities a lot. If you guys haven't tried it then I certainly suggest it to you; with a little luck and the right support it's a surprisingly strong Pokémon.

Anyone here agree? :D

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Username: PokemonGiratinaX
Requested Team: Zapdos
Reason for joining: I like flying-type so that I must have flying-type in my team!

Favourite Pokemon: Zapdos because it cover's the weakness of the flying-type. It's also the most powerful Elect-type Pokemon in the 1st-gen.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Ownership of the club has been transferred to Rainbow Arcanine.​

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hi everybody n_n! I'm the new owner for the club and hopefully it will become more active and not die out ;_;. A big welcome to PokemonGiratinaX n_n,also just adding there has been a new topic :3,which you can answer later if you want :).

I've always thought Fearow was underrated in the later games,since many people believe Normal/Flying types aren't strong and Fearow was just your average,weak beginning bird but that's not the case D:. I used one back in HG and it was one powerhouse,with quick,striking moves and stats.

Basically all of the beginning birds are extremely underrated for appearing in early routes where generally Pokemon that wouldn't make the best choice for teams appear. But really they're great additions to teams and shouldn't be underestimated n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back