• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Some things.

Years
I really like your style! It's very bright and cheerful. n_n Though I definitely think you're a little confused with your light source; can't really tell where it's coming from right now.

Try to work a little more on depth and texture too, especially on things like leaves and trees! In the Kakuna/Beedrill picture especially, the tree looks a little strange since you basically drew a lot of lines and added some soft brush effects over it. References will help a lot for things like these, since I know textures of trees in particular can be difficult!

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
You are right with me being confused with the light source, because sometimes I tend to make things pop out a bit, and I barely work with the trees. And I'll try to look at other work with Paint Tool SAI.

Last edited:

Volcanix769

Years
FU5e1.jpg
i2Xou.jpg

T04PW.jpg

Here's another drawing of mine, the last one I worked on. Especially Bianca. o3o

Last edited:

Volcanix769

Years
A month since I drew. ^^ My pose was somewhat inspired by somebody though, but I've been kind of practicing.
picture.php

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your artwork style is very cool. i enjoyed looking at them (: some of the drawings are too light. i would try adding some darker colors to give it more of a variety. also, the hands on some of the drawings are a little weird so those might need some work (i'm sure they're hard to do!) i can't wait to see more artwork. jealous of your talent~

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Hi Volcanix, not sure if you check back here very often, or if you have anything else planned, but I thought I'd point out some things I like anyway.

First off, I like the Beedrill evolution picture because it is realistic. Not the style, of course, but the idea. It's just like the way Metapod evolved in the first season of Pokemon (I think some Beedrill evoled the same way, but my memory's shakier there). It reminds me of when the anime used to try harder to consider how certain Pokemon evolved. Now, or at least when I stopped watching it, everything glows white and morphs, there's no sense of realism anymore. Even eggs stopped hatching and just changed shape into the Pokemon in question, unlike Togepi. Having said that, I'm glad you stuck with the sensible way of cocoon evolution. It's just so natural and, well, right.

I also like the Jolteon and Quilava picture. I get that there's a sense of danger or urgency. I also like the way the Jolteon looks, could be interesting to see more of it (I can't tell what gender it is looking at it, though).

I also couldn't help but notice the Wingull legs in the picture next to it, however. It just stands out to me, because that's not the way birds legs work. Birds legs bend backwards as opposed to forwards, I'd doodle a stick figure example if I knew that you'd see it. But check online for some images perhaps of birds in flight? There may not be any helpful ones, so I suppose a video that captures flight in slowmo would get you what you want. And as far as Wingull in particular goes, I'm not even sure you see the legs at all when it's flying, which could cut out the hassle, but I don't remember. Probably best to check out the leg anatomy anyway just for your own personal reference. It never hurts to have more information on your side!

Volcanix769

Years
Hi Volcanix, not sure if you check back here very often, or if you have anything else planned, but I thought I'd point out some things I like anyway.

I also like the Jolteon and Quilava picture. I get that there's a sense of danger or urgency. I also like the way the Jolteon looks, could be interesting to see more of it (I can't tell what gender it is looking at it, though).

Oh, Jolt the Jolteon and Quil the Quilava is a male. xD. And I'll upload a drawing on Friday, since I haven't drew anything for a month. And thanks for pointing it out. This was my latest drawing. I may draw a Flaaffy Gijinka later, but here is the draft of it:

KvUHE.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
That's pretty cute. Flaaffy was always one of my favorites. I also like the one that's hidden in the BG. You seem to be pretty good at this, or at the least getting a feel for it. Keep at it for as long as you'd like, and who knows where you'll end up. :)

Back